The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Centaurian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Centaurian is on a distinguished road
Tendon issue

Hi guys,

So I've always had a bit of an issue where I get a little 'pop' sometimes in one of my elbows when I would exercise, especially doing things like push ups. As I started getting serious with working out, the popping would persist, and I at one point seemed to hurt myself. It happened again recently, as if one of my tricep tendons had slipped over the bone a bad way. I managed to massage it back, but it's still been hurting during some exercises.

So my question for you guys is what do you think could be causing it? Perhaps it's something wrong with my body I'll have to cope with, or perhaps it's bad form? Also, what would you guys suggest I do to try and fix it (or heal it in a sense). The input is much appreciated. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 9th, 2014, 09:37 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Your problem is your grip --your grip is probably too tight and this causes tendonosis-or tendonitis ---also called tennis elbow. Loosening your grip while exercising and doing some stretches after your workout will minimize elbow issues.
  #3   Add to Centaurian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2014, 02:52 PM

Not something I ever considered, but will start giving that a try next time I go to the gym. Thanks for the input man!
  #4   Add to Centaurian's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2014, 05:01 PM

What do ya know! I took the grip comment in mind and had no issues at all today. Thanks a lot man, this will help me so much.
  #5   Add to cutlerfan's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 11th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Master of Muscle RP

cutlerfan has disabled reputation
Centaurian, I suggest you see your doctor. He can suggest treatments for when your tendonitis acts up. I had it a few years ago and it look a while to heal so be careful; try not to grip weight with just your forearm. You can still do lifting but try not to lift boxes or packages one handed. I can still irritate my injury if I lift a 12 pack of cans using just my wrist and forearms..use the handle! Common sense I know but I had to learn the hard way. Good Luck Bud!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options