The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Fantasies and Story Ideas Got a great idea for a muscle growth story or want to share some of your growth fantasies? Post them here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM

redkage is on a distinguished road
Signs of growth

---------------------

Last edited by redkage; March 12th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkage For This Useful Post:
ganteugene (March 11th, 2014), lurker5 (March 12th, 2014), nnnrg (March 18th, 2014)
  #2   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:19 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Ok, I'll list a few, these are ones I rarely see but are more true to life and therefore I wish were used more.

Stretch marks-- new ones apear and old ones turn red/purple

Tight skin-- yes when you grow you can feel that your skin fits different! This is in real life, I can't imagine what story growth rates feel like.

Shortness of breath-- more mass = more metabolism = more air required, it takes a while for your lungs to catch up

Outgrowing clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
lurker5 (March 12th, 2014)
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2014, 04:48 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
All good points.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwermarko View Post
Ok, I'll list a few, these are ones I rarely see but are more true to life and therefore I wish were used more.

Stretch marks-- new ones apear and old ones turn red/purple

Tight skin-- yes when you grow you can feel that your skin fits different! This is in real life, I can't imagine what story growth rates feel like.

Shortness of breath-- more mass = more metabolism = more air required, it takes a while for your lungs to catch up

Outgrowing clothes
Another thing I'd add:

as a result of focusing on growth, all you think about is getting bigger and how it feels. Simultaneously, you both welcome the growth in your "show" muscles - arms, legs, chest, ass and fear growth in the "unwelcome" places - gut and any other "loose skin" spots.

Also, the breathing can be a real b*tch. On the one hand, you need more oxygen. On the other hand, you can become freaked out by the changes you are undergoing, which make you hyperventilate, which makes you uncomfortable, which is a somewhat reinforcing cycle.

Overall tightness - both skin and clothes, leads to sometimes feeling like a sausage that is overstuffed and about to burst. It's a real mind f*ck in that you welcome the growth, but also fear it. "Am I getting too fat? Will I f*ck up my heart by gaining too much weight? Have I lost my abs for good?" Competes with, "Man, I'm getting huge! Look at my pecs! They're getting so full and rounded! My butt is really filling out my jeans and showcasing my junk - is that good or bad?"

Major mind games to yourself, in other words.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
lurker5 (March 12th, 2014), schwermarko (March 11th, 2014)
  #4   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2014, 09:33 PM

-------------

Last edited by redkage; March 12th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2014, 03:23 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by redkage View Post
Updated the list. Outgrowing clothing made it to my list, but I am sorry to say that I don't believe the others quite make the cut. Here's my reasons why.

While shortness of breath, tight skin and stretchmarks can indeed be signs in real life, they are not commonly written about in fiction. This thread i am focusing on the signs you see in fiction writing, and the more commonly known ones. If you can think of many different stories that have these themes or other people second your suggestions, I'll amend my post to include it.
"...or other people second your suggestions, I'll amend my post to include it."

So the fact that Schwermarko and I agree with each other's comments means nothing?

Also, since both Schwermarko and I are agreeing that these are actual real life signs we have experienced, do you have experience yourself that discounts this? Or do you just not believe us? Or does it just not fit your idea of "sexy"?

Not everything related to muscle growth is pleasant or sexy. That's reality, which you claim to want details about.

If you already knew you were going to ignore other people's comments, why bother to ask for their input?

Good luck with getting any more input....
  #6   Add to redkage's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM

It was never my intention to ignore or insult anybody. I know that stretch marks, heavier breathing and so on are real life signs of growth, and I am not repulsed by it in any way. I know that there is a fan-base on stretch marks, as signified from a thread that was on here some time back. When I wrote this thread, I had started it with the intention of basing it on common muscle growth fictional writing however.

As you said, most people don't really think that side is pleasent, and I get that, which may be why I rarely see mention of "heavier breathing" and "stretch marks." Because I thought it was so niche, and because I was compiling the basic signs of growth in MG fiction writing, that I didn't think it was a good choice. However, I felt that in case I was wrong, I should note that if there were a group of people who disagreed and thought something should be added, then yes I would fix it. And from my definition of "more people", I think of at least 3-5 others, which is why I said what I did.

I guess I was wrong to do that, and for that I am really, truly sorry. I didn't want to, nor did I have any intention to make the two of you feel ignored. However, if this is going to happen every time I decide not to add something, then perhaps it's best that I just drop this little project. I started it out of fun, and as a possible aid to other writers, even motivate new writers. However, if it is only going to make other people angry and dissatisfied, then I should probably just delete the whole thing.

I am sorry for wasting your time and hurting your feelings, and I hope we can just put this behind us.

-Redkage
  #7   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:32 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Oh, I was just listing ones I thought were fun when I saw them
In stories, because it drew me in, I figued if I added them to you list if get to see them more. I am not offended, I hope you are not either.
  #8   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2014, 03:39 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I think one that is always a sign for me that is the result of physical but is not as easily thought of is the bumping into one's surroundings I don't know about you guys but when I'm really growing and have grown in the past I'm always running into doorways and misjudging entrance based on dimensions I have of my body inside of my head not how it actually is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
Mdlftr (March 13th, 2014), schwermarko (March 13th, 2014)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options