The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:29 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Best Muscle Movies - What are They?

We have a lot of separate threads here for various muscle movies but I'd like to start a list of all the movies which have really nice muscle content, especially ones where you get to see muscles getting bigger! Here are some that often get mentioned in the forums:
  • Hunk - A nerdy guy sells his soul to a demon who transforms him into...well, you know...and then hilarity ensues. This is possibly the movie that's closest to the stories that we have on the site. While generally considered a bad movie, I think it was watchable beyond the legendary transformation scene. It's sort of a romantic comedy for men.
  • Hulk - If you don't know what this movie is about then how do you know about this website? Dually loved and hated, the movie at least features some really hot scenes and brought the handsome (and emotionless) Eric Bana to American films.
  • Hercules (Le Fatiche de Ercole) - The 1959 sword and sandal (or peplum) movie that made Steve Reeves the strongest man of all time. I haven't seen this one personally but I think it deserves mention for being the Hercules movie.
  • L'il Abner - I haven't seen this one either, sadly, but I just put it in my Blockbuster queue. Steve Reeves tried to get the lead role in this movie but the title part went to another actor. The story centers around Abner and an evil corporations discovery of the source of Abner's strength. Aside from the hunkiness of Abner himself there's a musical sequence where lots of hillbillies turn into hunks--albeit hunks of 1959.
These are just the four I can think of that have strong muscle content throughout, but I know there are more, some of which I haven't heard of. Please, add as many as possible.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:51 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Here's some that come to mind:
  1. Conan the Barbarian
  2. Ferrigno in Cage
  3. Hercules in NY, if you havent seen it, it's a must
  #3   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:03 PM
"This is no trick!"

TheMM is on a distinguished road
I can think of one "muscle movie" and one scene in a movie that really stood out in my mind.

The muscle movie is the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie in which Carl turns from his normal self into one heck of a muscle monster. Not very hot to me, but worth mentioning I suppose.

The scene that still sticks in my mind over 10 years later is half-way in the basketball game in the movie "Space Jam". The actual muscle growth only lasted a few moments but it was pretty quick and kinda hot. Never expected Bugs Bunny to grow, but definately one for the scrapbooks in my opinion.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #4   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
R O C K S T A R

I can't believe I did this but I forgot about Pumping Iron, the definitive bodybuilding movie that made Ahnold the big star he is. I saw this one night when I was a kid. I was about to go to bed as it started but, for some reason, once I saw those big musclemen I just had to finish the movie. I wonder why?
  #5   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
The muscle movie is the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie in which Carl turns from his normal self into one heck of a muscle monster. Not very hot to me, but worth mentioning I suppose.
Damnit, MM, why did you have to mention that? Now I want to see that awful thing. I hate ATHF--except for Meatwad because he's so cute*--but if Carl grows, even if it's not that great, I'm going to eventually track it down to see the growth.

*No, he's not cute like that, you weirdo. I'm not that perverted...
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Stay Hungry

Muscle Beach Party

A dozen Hercules movies

A half-dozen Tarzan movies (Gordon Scott was hot! So was Mike Henry!)

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:32 PM
"This is no trick!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachirobi
Damnit, MM, why did you have to mention that? Now I want to see that awful thing. I hate ATHF--except for Meatwad because he's so cute*--but if Carl grows, even if it's not that great, I'm going to eventually track it down to see the growth.

*No, he's not cute like that, you weirdo. I'm not that perverted...
I know you think Meatwad ain't cute like that Yach. And if you thought he was cute like that then I'd be forced to bitch slap you until you thought otherwise or your eye balls popped out of your head......ew......now I grossed myself out.

"Put your controller on the floor...Put it down as flat as you can...That's good. Now I will move your controller by the power of my will alone!"
  #8   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
I've always been partial to Twins.

Little did I know there were bodybuilder cameos in it in the form of Tom Platz and Roger Callard, both of whom played the sons of Hugh O'Brian who was still hunky 20 years ago.
  #9   Add to nvb2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:07 PM

nvb2 is on a distinguished road
The Barbarians
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092615/
  #10   Add to ARCHEON's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Registered Abs User

ARCHEON
Send a message via AIM to ARCHEON
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
Stay Hungry
Muscle Beach Party
A dozen Hercules movies
A half-dozen Tarzan movies (Gordon Scott was hot! So was Mike Henry!)
Excellent suggestions. These are definitely some of the staples of movie muscle life, Arpeejay. I would also add Lou Ferrigno's Sinbad Of The Seven Seas in the mix as well.

But for those who want to view something a bit more obscure (but fascinating from a 1950's muscle genre perspective) check out these two:

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell
Jane does a musical number around a pool surrounded by muscled hunks who are so into their bodies they're oblivious to Jane. The number is entitled, "Anyone Here For Love?" Maybe, but not for poor Jane.

Meet Me After The Show (1951)
Betty Grable, Rory Calhoun
Betty does a musical number called, "No Talent Joe." There's a chorus of huge muscle men who are attired in classic greek costumes suggesting statuary during the number. When I first saw this movie on some cable station, my first thought was that the guy who choregraphed this number must of been addicted to muscle really bad. For the 1950's, the muscle eroticism isn't even disguised. Unbelievable.

Both movies I believe are out on DVD or video.
  #11   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHEON
...for those who want to view something a bit more obscure (but fascinating from a 1950's muscle genre perspective) check out these two:

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
Marilyn Monroe, Jane Russell
Jane does a musical number around a pool surrounded by muscled hunks who are so into their bodies they're oblivious to Jane. The number is entitled, "Anyone Here For Love?" Maybe, but not for poor Jane.

Meet Me After The Show (1951)
Betty Grable, Rory Calhoun
Betty does a musical number called, "No Talent Joe." There's a chorus of huge muscle men who are attired in classic greek costumes suggesting statuary during the number. When I first saw this movie on some cable station, my first thought was that the guy who choregraphed this number must of been addicted to muscle really bad. For the 1950's, the muscle eroticism isn't even disguised. Unbelievable.

Both movies I believe are out on DVD or video.
I love old movies so I'll have to check both out, although I've already seen and enjoyed Gentlemen Prefer Blondes--though I prefer redheads myself. That dance scene is great and, better yet, it's full of half naked hunks wearing flesh colored trunks. How did that get past the censors?!!
  #12   Add to tarmangani's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:29 PM

tarmangani is on a distinguished road
Memorable Muscle Movie Moment: "Tarzan and the Valley of Gold"
For the first twenty minutes of the movie Tarzan(Mike Henry) is fully clothed. Then, after finding his friend has been killed, he vows to go after the bad guys. When asked what he will need for supplies he says, "A hunting knife, a rope and a soft piece of leater." When told he can find those in the storage shed, he disappears into said shed. The next time we see Tarzan he's coming from the shed in the briefest of loincloths and says, "I'm ready." After seeing the way Mike Henry fills out what there is of the loincloth, he's not the only one who's ready!
  #13   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,281 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Don't Throw Things

Now, while it is not one of the best Muscle Movies ever, I had to write about an Italian film that has stood out in my mind for many years - from 1961. It is a pretty bad sword and sandal film with the Italian title of "Maciste contro Ercole nella valle dei guai" and the American title of "Hercules in the Valley of Woe." It was a comedy about two wrestling promoters of modern day (at the time) who travel back to the time of Hercules. There were some humorous scenes of muscle and strength. For example, Hercules lifts a huge gate that the city has shut to prevent him from entering and pushes it open. Later on we se that it has smashed some guards up against the wall and made them flat as cardboard (please believe me it seemed a lot funnier than it sounds). Also, Maciste (a different character than Hercules) loses his power and it is transferred to one of the bumbling wrestling promoters - so there are some funny scenes as he uses his new found strength. Like I said - not a great film, but it has stuck in my mind for years. I think it is only available on VHS, but if anyone could ever put clips on this site I would be forever greatful. Seeing everyone's respons to this thread made me think of the film. Sorry that it isn't a great film.
  #14   Add to theardes's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:12 AM

theardes
Bane

What about Bane in Batman&Robin? It was a rather strange movie so to speak, but a muscle monster growing by a device attached to his neck? Woah! :-D

I loved the old Hulk movies with Lou Ferrigno. The growth scenes were better and it was my first experience with muscle growth.
  #15   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
"Don't Make Waves" is an old Tony Curtis movie with some great beach muscle in the beginning, and then a few more sightings of a young Dave Draper. Maybe not a true 'muscle movie' because the muscle scenes are far too brief, but worth catching.
  #16   Add to Londonboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Thicker is Best

Thanked 2,281 Times in 227 Posts
Londonboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Londonboy
Don't Make Waves

BBMikeNJ,

Of course "Don't Make Waves" belongs in this category (in my humble opinion). I wish I had remembered to include it. Some great moments with Draper's muscle in that movie - lifting the fridge, lifting the back of the bus, wringing out his shirt in front of Tony Curtis, and much more. Good addition.
  #17   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:08 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Would love to see Hunk remade. Who should star as the "before" guy and who should star as the "after" guy?
  #18   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:18 PM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by theardes
What about Bane in Batman&Robin? It was a rather strange movie so to speak, but a muscle monster growing by a device attached to his neck? Woah! :-D

I loved the old Hulk movies with Lou Ferrigno. The growth scenes were better and it was my first experience with muscle growth.
I'm sure I've said it before but no amount of muscle, cock, girl boob, whatever could have made Batman and Robin good. That movie was an atrocitiy and an insult Bane, Batman's sexiest (and one of his scariest) villains.
  #19   Add to MisterE's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:29 PM

MisterE
There is also the Hong Kong movie Daai chek liu or Running On Karma starring Andy Lau. He wears a muscle suit, but I think it sill looks interesting.

#20   Add to redwolf64's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:41 PM

redwolf64
Send a message via AIM to redwolf64 Send a message via Yahoo to redwolf64
Some really good suggestions here, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Hercules in the Haunted World" with Reg Park in the title role. One of the better sword and sandle films, IMHO, and it was directed by Mario Bava - I've shown it to friends, expecting it to be campy and ready to give it the "Mystery Science Theater" treatment, but they get into it and really enjoy it.
  #21   Add to TheMM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 09:04 AM
"This is no trick!"

Whoopsie-doodles...

...we forgot a most recent movie with much muscle in it:

Do I really need to say anything else?

#22   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM

muscle suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
There is also the Hong Kong movie Daai chek liu or Running On Karma starring Andy Lau. He wears a muscle suit, but I think it sill looks interesting.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ndy-Karma3.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ndy_karma1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ndy_karma2.jpg
You mean that's not real? it's a suit?
where can I get one?
  #23   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Back to something more current, I been curious and wonder if anyone has seen:

Beerfest
Balls of Fury, it's just been released about ping pong matches
  #24   Add to just_another's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM
wowbuff06

just_another is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to just_another
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMM
...we forgot a most recent movie with much muscle in it:

Do I really need to say anything else?
Gasp! Nearly forgot. Lol, I still remember my trip to the cinema...

Me: I'm not really into historical movies...
Annie: You'll like this one.
Me: Why?

*Ten minutes later.*

Me: Ooh...
  #25   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
The Bee Keeper

Was channelsurfing the other day, caught Heartbreak Ridge, and got treated to a slew of scenes with shirtless Marines wearing short shorts (if you grew up in the 80s, you'll know what I mean).

One particular standout was 6'6" football player Peter Koch, whose pics I still hope to find online.
  #26   Add to jrbindfw's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:56 PM

jrbindfw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to jrbindfw
Peter Koch

i've only ever been able to find this one video, very arousing btw, right up until he is totally emasculated by clint eastwood.

And i love the difference in size between him and the rest of the guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhptM-AXtRI
  #27   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:32 AM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbindfw
i've only ever been able to find this one video, very arousing btw, right up until he is totally emasculated by clint eastwood.

And i love the difference in size between him and the rest of the guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhptM-AXtRI
Oh, it's in some foreign language! I have no idea what's going on!

But that BB is fucking hot...and so is Clint. Clint is the ultimate stud.
  #28   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:26 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Marine Stud

The movie is Heartbreak Ridge. I keep waiting for the alternate version to get posted on the internet showing Swede destroying Clint.
  #29   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:03 AM
The Bee Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbindfw
i've only ever been able to find this one video
Glee. That's so much better than any picture I would've found of him. He's an imposing specimen standing head and shoulders above everyone else in the film. Thanks!

Quote:
Mario Van Peebles and the rest of the Marine Recon recruits got fed up with Clint Eastwood's training methods and so they enlisted the services of Peter Koch, but their enforcer got pwned.
  #30   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:41 AM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof
The movie is Heartbreak Ridge. I keep waiting for the alternate version to get posted on the internet showing Swede destroying Clint.
I know what the movie is. I just didn't understand what was going on.
  #31   Add to chris_abs's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Bigger is Better

chris_abs is on a distinguished road
I caught Heartbreak ridge on Channel 5 (UK) just last week! It was a great film for muscle I can asure you!

I washappy to see l'il abner mentioned at the beginning of the thread! That sparked a memory! It was probably my firstreal look of "MuscleGrowth" when i was really really young.

I found a picture http://www.conelrad.com/conelrad100/../indexes/images/lilabner.jpg

There is a part where all the guys get hold of the formula Abner takes and they line up in a pose down while the scientist remarks how the men have completely lost interest in women and only thinkabout themselves...

http://www.BigMuscle.com/~fit_chris
  #32   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
R O C K S T A R

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_abs
Gayest movie ever...that doesn't feature drag queens or nellie types. Stupid Ballbuster Video hasn't sent it to me yet. Why are they denying me vintage wack-off material?
  #33   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:09 AM

an old classic kinda sword and sandal movie I remember
"Jason and the Argonauts" the muscle is provided by this actor Chris something who plays Hercules, not the huge Steve Reeves, Ferrigno type, but very well muscled and lean, loved watching him.
  #34   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
Why Did I Get Married

total super duper muscle surprise in this one. for those of you who like both chocolate muscle and nice full pouches. granted there is only one shirtless scene (worth the $10 ) this guy (michael jai white) is wearing nice tight shirts in most of the movie.
  #35   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:33 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Here's a few interesting ones

King Solomon's Mines (1964)

Urusus (1961)

Samson (1964)
  #36   Add to V.R.Goh's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM

V.R.Goh is on a distinguished road
Quote:

But that BB is fucking hot...and so is Clint. Clint is the ultimate stud.

All I know is that this video is in Italian. What it's saying is left up to someone who speaks the language.
  #37   Add to martinp13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:08 PM

martinp13 is on a distinguished road
Peter Koch was also in the movie Loverboy. Silly fun movie, but you get to see Koch in tight polo shirts (though not often enough).
  #38   Add to Blake's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM
A wanabe be muscled chav

Blake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by suma
You mean that's not real? it's a suit?
where can I get one?

My thoughts exactly............
  #39   Add to Ogrebear's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Ogrebear
Troy + Conan +

For all Troy was so-so it did a certain amount of muscle in, esp this fight sequence at the start between Achilles and Boagrius - the 6' 10" giant is an (ex?) wrestler called Nathan Jones

7 min long cut of the clip: here

And there was Ralf Moeller's version of Conan . He was also in Scorpion King (see making of here) and in Gladiator.

Scorpion King also means The Rock!
  #40   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM
The Bee Keeper

Sword and Sandals

Found a treasure trove of old muscle movie clips on YouTube. I'm waiting for the day flicks like these will make a comeback.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options