The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Poll: Your Opinion of my Analysis and Commentary on Stories Posted Here? Do you...
Poll Options
Your Opinion of my Analysis and Commentary on Stories Posted Here? Do you...

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Is my analyzing stories really that annoying

I may be losing it guys (or should I say "people" there have been a couple of gals here once or twice ) but here is your chance to tell me to "Sit On It"... I may even follow your suggestions

I really don't mean to criticize authors, second guess them, spoil their punch-line or reveals... I just try to let the author know that there are those the read more of the stories then the juicy parts intended to provoke self gratification... The sort of feedback I wanted from my stories and seldom got. Maybe provide some commentary, point out interesting (to me at least) references and parallels.

I remind all that nobody make you read my posts if you don't like them don't read them...

That said feel free to beat on me...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
I may be losing it guys (or should I say "people" there have been a couple of gals here once or twice ) but here is your chance to tell me to "Sit On It"... I may even follow your suggestions

[...]

I remind all that nobody make you read my posts if you don't like them don't read them...

That said feel free to beat on me...
For the record, I set up the system to automatically ignore your posts. I'm not quite sure why I stopped automatically ignoring you, but then, I didn't recall why I did it to begin with. Even though you aren't automatically ignored anymore, I don't normally care what you say, but this thread caught my attention. Also for the record, you are like one of two people I've ever taken the step of automatically ignoring on this forum. Not even EJ, whom I think is one of the biggest hypocrits ever to post here, had that honor. So whatever you said must have been really really bad (in my opinion).

But back to you. I decided to search and find out why I stopped reading you. It was 4 years ago. In this thread. As it happens, you were expressing opinions of an objectionable, or at least insensitive, nature.

I'm not exactly sure what prompted this thread (it's that whole I don't read what you write thing that you suggest), but I guess after four years if you are still having the same problems, then my answer is that you do probably need to kick it down a notch or ten.

Since you asked...

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #3   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
Since you decided to reply...

At first I was going to ignore this personal attack that is unrated to my poll. But after thinking about it I believe I now at least in part understand why Corwin has a problem with me 4 years ago I expressed a personal opinion that Corwin took as anti gay. It was not intended to anti anything just my personal preference for stories that do not exist for the sole purpose glorify orgiastic sex. Corwin it appears decided that I had expressed an idea he felt was anti what he appears to be at the heart of being gay, and therefore decided that I'm some sort of straight homophobe out to bash everything gay.

This is so untrue it is really laughable to people that know me. Unfortunately since I don't chit chat much piping up only when I had some thing I feel is meaningful to say very few people know me with any real depth and when do pipe up I frequently phrase my statement bluntly and to the point and some people feel that to be inappropriate behavior. A veiw I have understood it seems to me that many of the worlds problems stem from people not saying what they mean in a straight forward manner and the rest by people that chose to believe a statement is targeted at or against them without verifying that was the intent of the person that made the statement... the percise meaning of a specific word to one person may not be exactly the same for the next. Ergo before you pick a fight make sure there really is something to fight about and not a matter of misinterpreted intent...

For the record I had suspected for a long time I wasn't straight but I figured that once I found a way the be comfortable in myself I would develop an interest in women... well it never happened and I find that a well built male was more interesting then an equally well built female but it idea of playing "insert tab a into slot b, then exchange body fluids with a guy was just as gross to me as with a woman... But mayby when I liked and accepted myself an interest might develop... that's where I was 4 years ago... Plus the view that sex is a special intimate sharing of ones self with another person you care deeply about... that seemed a resonable idea regardless of which way you swing... that brings us to today... At this point I accept the idea that I really have not interest with any body else and the jerking off is okay... and the reason I find guys interesting is that I see myself 'reflected' in them and thing I like about myself and things I would like to change to be more like the guy I'm looKing at period so rather than gay sttaight or bi I class myself as other

I can understand the attack from 4 years ago a Corwins, if you, hetrophobic reaction to what he incorrectly perceived as a homopobic threat...

His attack here by is admission not based on any thing I have said recently, he has blocked me from his his incomming message queue and is based only on his view the my point of view should be repressed...

this is an odd position for him to take because to me it appears to be the same view that he, it appears to me, objects to when the straight community takes it with gays... If there is a hypocite here in my view it is Corwin

Ender
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Ender:

I don't find your analyses annoying but I have to admit I don't pay much (if any) attention to them. The reason I don't is that it has seemed pretty clear to me from the get go that they were mostly a vehicle for YOU to analyze YOURSELF, a subject, obviously, I know next to nothing about, other than that, on occasion, it bears a vague resemblance to my own (long-delayed) coming to grips with things.

Some people may find that annoying; so be it. If they don't want to read your stuff, they can do as Scott has done, or do as I do, namely, occasionally take a glance to see if there's anything present that piques my interest.

What I find a bit more challenging is the idea that these observations might be a means (conscious or otherwise) of getting things stirred up. In another venue, one I dropped out of years ago, I routinely made statements that were self-exploratory in nature that the group at large, for whatever reason, felt the need to pound me about. Having spent most of my formative years being pounded for no good reason, my instinctive reaction was to fight back--and in so doing I really stirred that pot! I maintained then, and do now, that I wasn't *intending* to stir things up, but it happened anyway, and at this point I have to acknowledge that there was some at least subliminal need on my part to be in a confrontational mode, and in ways too painful to recount that group fit the bill.

So, by all means, keep analyzing, but don't feel you need to justify, defend or explain what may turn out to be an unpopular point of view; in fact, it's better for all of us if you don't go down that road.

(And I am very much remind of my advice to my mother recently regarding my brother's wife, i.e., "The worst thing you can possibly do is give her advice of any sort...and, yes, I know that I'm giving you advice!")

Take care...

Richard
  #5   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender
At first I was going to ignore this personal attack
You put yourself out asking for feedback on what people think about you. Personally, I never ask for feedback, and as I have said many times about my writing, if you like it read it, if not, don't.

Quote:
that is unrated to my poll.
what part of
Quote:
feel free to beat on me
are you not living up to here?

Quote:
...I expressed a personal opinion that Corwin took as anti gay. It was not intended to anti anything just my personal preference for stories that do not exist for the sole purpose glorify orgiastic sex.
Quote:
Agreed muscle growth is not a gay only fantasy.
Ya know, if you want to rehash what you said four years ago, that's fine. But please start with the correct context -- what you said.

Quote:
This is so untrue it is really laughable to people that know me.
We know the you that you put forward in your writing. Isn't that the topic of your poll? Isn't that what you worry people perceive here?

Quote:
Unfortunately since I don't chit chat much piping up only when I had some thing I feel is meaningful to say
400 posts, more or less. I'd venture to say there are many here who have less to say than you do.

But then, the topic really is what you find meaningful.

Quote:
At this point I accept the idea that I really have not interest with any body else
While this is entirely out-of-context, I think this is the heart of the problem. You really don't have any interest in anybody else.

Quote:
I can understand the attack from 4 years ago a Corwins, if you, hetrophobic reaction to what he incorrectly perceived as a homopobic threat...
Oh puh-lease. See above. Just any random thing you wrote.

Quote:
His attack here by is admission not based on any thing I have said recently, he has blocked me from his his incomming message queue and is based only on his view the my point of view should be repressed...
I'm not repressing anything. i simply find it has no value and that I choose not to read it. I believe you said that was OK and actually advised that people do that to you. Of course, you also asked for feedback on what you write, and you got it, but apparently didn't want that either.

Quote:
this is an odd position for him to take because to me it appears to be the same view that he, it appears to me, objects to when the straight community takes it with gays... If there is a hypocite here in my view it is Corwin
Actually, you said you were monosexual, not straight. But beyond that, I have said nothing against the straight community. I have said what you say has no value to me and that if you are having problems being perceived as annoying, perhaps you should look toward yourself as the cause.

One wonders how that is an attack against the straight community?

Quote:
Ender
Oh, I wish you would end-er.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #6   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 12th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay
In another venue, one I dropped out of years ago, I routinely made statements that were self-exploratory in nature that the group at large, for whatever reason, felt the need to pound me about.
Raising hand as someone who, at times, was part of the group at-large in that other venue (but not always).

I just don't have time to read that venue any more. I'm sure Jeeves would say hi and be happy to get you a drink if you dropped in, though. (yes, she still posts)

#7   Add to menergy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Cub in Huntsville, AL

menergy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to menergy
you are fine

corwin you are fine as always. you know comments are welcome and coming from a hot write like you no one should complain
  #8   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 16th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Since I don't really see what I think in the poll, I'll just say this:

You can write whatever you want. Some may appreciate it, some may not. If the author of the story belongs in the latter category, he can always tell you and I bet you'd stop.

Personally I find your posts hard to read because you fail at using punctuation marks properly, so I usually skim them if they are a bit long. I don't want to make this another place where my mind has to work hard to comprehend things

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options