Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Bob Paris

I've heard that he had a book out. Actually, when we picked him up at the airport in P-town I asked him about his writing and he said he had published an exercise book as well as an autobiography with "another person". Of course, I immediately figured out that he had just broken up with Rod Jackson.

He's very handsome, and has a great physique, but in person he's a bit of a block of wood.

-BigLittletim
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM

pumpin20inguns is on a distinguished road
I think he is just shy lol

Last edited by pumpin20inguns; March 27th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
  #43   Add to sammyboy77's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM

sammyboy77 is on a distinguished road
I remember the excercize for men only and flex magazines when I was 12. The muscles and total physique were so appealling and spellbinding. Just couldn't get enough.
  #44   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:02 AM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Thumbs up my story thuis far

i guess i realezed when i was 11 t0 13 it was while i watched the 2oth or so annversery of pumping iron, and i didn't know who arnold was really just an actor but he became my idol i was fat as a kid and had hired me a trainer to slim me down.

i bought muscle mags, sneaking them into the back of the grocery check out at stores when my parents bought them, i really wasn't sure what i was doing.

i showed a friend of mine and he went and told my class mates they called me a fag and i burned my collection of mags, when high school was over i was beastly closing in on 400 pounds i needed a change and i joined the gym and meet Achilles online and he introduced me here its been two years and im down to 347 at 6,9 feet tall i got along way to go but at least i know now who my true friends are and where to find guidance
  #45   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
When?

Weider and Charles Atlas ads in the back of magazines. Steve Reeves movies. The occasional appearance by bodybuilders on TV. But what really cemented it was Jim Haislop on the cover of Strength and Health when I was 14. He is still my ideal.
  #46   Add to Tomb's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Tomb is on a distinguished road
When?

When I saw a gal called Delilah.
  #47   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
I honestly don't remember. When I was about 9 (the same year Hurrican Andrew hit) I remember seeing that "Work Out" music video where the blonde chick is walking in a gym and all the fat guys becomes ripped up teen bodybuilders.

I also remember an episode of "Tom & Jerry" where Tom tries to poison Jerry but only turns him into a huge, muscular mouse, so they fight for the formula... but I just remember the acts of strength.

And while both of these are instances of muscle growth... I never really found that genre until about 5 or 6 years ago. I did look at many sources of muscle before then... but only found muscle growth stuff a little later.
  #48   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:57 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbraxis View Post
I honestly don't remember. When I was about 9 (the same year Hurrican Andrew hit) I remember seeing that "Work Out" music video where the blonde chick is walking in a gym and all the fat guys becomes ripped up teen bodybuilders.
Please, please, pleeeze tell me somebody did not just mention Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" video!!!

LOL.
-Pup

P.S> Now we are heeeere...
  #49   Add to built_spill's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM

built_spill is on a distinguished road
For me, definitely a combination of the Hulk comic and television show, as well as discovering bodybuilding contests on espn, all around the same time. It was weird- just as I was entering puberty, I'd have these fantasies about muscle swelling huge, clothes ripping, etc. but thought it was just some weird abberation.

Then, early 90s, I hit college, get online and well... it wasn't such a rare thing, after all.
  #50   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypup2train View Post
Please, please, pleeeze tell me somebody did not just mention Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" video!!!

LOL.
-Pup

P.S> Now we are heeeere...
LOL

Yeah... that's it .
  #51   Add to Big RR's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM

Big RR is on a distinguished road
Can anyone lick my guns for me?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/BIGRUS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/aolcopycache/maiCF4C.tmp[/IMG]
  #52   Add to inbhm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:11 AM

inbhm is on a distinguished road
You need to upload the pic somewhere and then link it. We can't access you computer's C: drive.
  #53   Add to britmusclejock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:30 AM
getting bigger

britmusclejock is on a distinguished road
choose your own adventure

Anyone else remember those Choose Your Own Adventure books?

For me there were several events when I was young that made me realise I was into muscle and muscle growth in a big way. The most important was one of those books - can't remember which one. There was a route through the book where you finished by swapping bodies with Hermes the Greek god! I came for the first time ever reading that.

Another was watching Arnold in the Conan the Barbarian film. There's this sequence where young Conan (different actor) is enslaved and is put to work pushing a mill wheel round. Ten years go by, and Conan develops into the huge, muscular Arnold!

By the way - long term lurker here, first post. Hi guys!
  #54   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:43 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

Now that you mention books, britmusclejock, there was a literary experience I had when I was in 5th grade.

I forget the book, but some athletic genius offers to trade bodies with a skrawney dweeb for a day and offers the technology on to do it. The dweeb was aprehensive, at first, but then the other kid flexed his arm to coax him. Throughout the story the kid was discovering his new strength and stamina... and I liked reading it.

The book itself was kinda weird. Apparently the athletic kid was actually an alien (with a twin brother!!!) who switched bodies cause he didn't want to leave earth. The alien, now in the dweebs body, never offered to switch back...

... but I forget how it ends...

Oh well. I guess I'll have to read it again . It can't be more than 150 pages. Shouldn't take long.
  #55   Add to JP71's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Can U Handle the Growth?

JP71 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to JP71 Send a message via Yahoo to JP71
Smile re: when did it happen

For me, my earliest memory of a muscle man was of this cafeteria in my home town of Dublin. I could not have been more than six or seven years old. I dont remember the name of the eaterie, only the sign which was of a smiling muscleman sporting a perfectly peaked single bicep shot. I was fascinated by that picture but was too young to recall why.

Later, when the Incredible Hulk started on TV, the hulk was a constant source of fear and fascination all rolled into one. When I was fourteen I watched Arnie in Conan the Barbarian and realised, that very day (it was a Sunday if I recall), alone in my house while my parents were out visiting, that not only did I find muscle cool, but that I was a homosexual. Great memories.
  #56   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyflex View Post
(i still remember the first time something came out when i climaxed....yep, thats right i was doing it before i was producing anything....crazy or what?)
You're not alone in that either -- I've been jerking off since I was 6 or so. I don't even think I got boners in the beginning; it just felt nice. Surprisingly, I'd always make sure no-one saw me, even though I didn't understand it was 'jerking off' till much later.

As for muscle growth, it happened when I was 11, when Dragonball Z was released here. Despite knowing that I find muscular guys attractive, I didn't 'realise' I was gay till I was almost 19.

Ever since Dragonball Z, I'd been wanting to work out. I was a pretty shy kid though (nothing left of that, by the way), and I didn't even dare to enter any shop other than a supermarket; let alone a gym!

A few years after losing my shyness, I still didn't feel comfortable going to a gym, because of my small frame. I found a really cool small gym though, and now I'd have no problem working out in the middle of the street, so to speak.

I'll never be big enough, but I'll do my best to go a long way. At least my boyfriend notices my progress, and a friend jokingly patted my chest last week for a reason I can't remember, and she exclaimed 'Oh!' in surprise. Hey, I'm still a small guy, and my clothes hide it mostly, so I guess part of the surprise comes from that. Still, nice

Love the thread, by the way!
  #57   Add to NYCmscl4mscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
NYCMscl4Mscl

NYCmscl4mscl is on a distinguished road
Yeah!!! What about Lyle Wagoner on the "Sonny and Cher" Show in a towel??? You mentioned the "Carol Burnett" Show---what was that about??? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager Muscle View Post
I love these types of threads!

Just to cull from my previous post on a similar thread...

My earliest memories were cartoons of Popeye and Sinbad Jr. when I was four - I'd find myself tuning in just to see Popeye's biceps pop after downing a can of spinach, or Sinbad's torso bulge with power after cinching in his belt. Thus began my lifelong love of sailors, er muscle, lol.

By six and seven I also felt tingly watching Jethro flex poolside after swimming a lap on "The Beverly Hillbillies," the surfer flexing on "Gilligan's Island," Chris Dickerson (who I walked by near Bethesda Fountain in Central Park nearly fifteen years later in '87 - clothed, alas, wish I stopped!) on "What's My Line," shirtless Peter Lupus on "Mission Impossible" and flexing in a muscleman lineup on "Muscle Beach Party" (a Frankie & Annette movie).

At eight or nine I discovered Popular Science bodybuilding ads, and comic book musclebuilding ads for Charles Atlas, Universal Bodybuilding and Muscle Fighter IV . I was too shy (and too young) to ever order the courses., but I did develop a major crush fixation on Robert Nailon and "bodybuilder-composite" "Saul New York - a boy can dream, right?

At 10 - Lyle Waggoner on Carol Burnett. Then I learned that you can have muscles AND be funny. Well, sorta funny.

At eleven I inherited 1946 and 1973 issues of "Muscle Builder" magazine. I was amazed by the rough, masculine men of 1946 like John Grimek, Sig Klein, Bert Goodrich, Joe Weider himself, amateur Canadian Gerry Lemay, mightily flexing so unself-consciously in their tiny posing pouches and big posing trunks. And the more contemporary bodybuilders with their long hair and long sideburns, sporting bigger, veinier shinier muscles and smaller posing trunks in leopard and gold lame - Dave Draper posing in ad after ad with curvacious beach bunny Betty Weider in matching leopard, Frank Zane, Arnold, Larry Scott, Chuck Sipes, Rick Peters, an imposing before & after picture of then Junior Mr. Jordan, etc.

By thirteen and fourteen I'd be jealous of and trying not to stare at those guys in gym class who matured early - you know the ones, with square jaws, v-tapers, five o'clock shadows, six packs and bulging biceps. Don't think I'm the only one who noticed 'em - they've proven the fodder for many a muscle growth tale I've enjoyed. I was always afraid I'd get pounded into the ground if I looked too long - little did I know that some of them were, shall we say, overcompensating. Took me till my 10 year high school reunion to figure THAT out when the same guys, more heavily muscled, were staring at me. Conclusions reached a lot sooner in some of the not-so-fantasy muscle bully stories I've read in these forums.

Oddly, once I actually began bodybuilding I progressed really fast - my avatar was taken only 7 months after I began training!

Still, until the internet opened my eyes I never knew anyone was like me - into muscle growth. I didn't even know there was such a thing as muscle worship! Pre-bodybuilding I was lucky - I was cute enough to bypass the "muscle-for-muscle" credos of a couple of seriously jacked bodybuilders. But I lacked the confidence to ask them to pose and flex - I thought if I asked they'd think me a perv! To find out via the internet that I wasn't alone, that there were at least thousands of other men turned on by muscle transformation was a lifechanging epiphany.

Forgive me for getting on my "dais," but isn't it amazing how we torture ourselves? Straights probably think we're selfish with no accountability because of our escapist escapades at clubs and our sexual pursuits. How many of us are making up for the years of psychological turmoil involved in living a lie so that we could protect our families or careers instead of (or in addition to) our own hides? With few exceptions, can most straights (much less those gays who were always out and proud, who I profoundly respect) acknowledge, much less empathize or even credit us with enduring such denial and self-loathing?

Musclegrowth.org should credit itself for helping new generations of likeminded burgeoning musclestuds understand that they're not alone, that their desires are healthy and natural, so that those with this predisposition will make the eventual leap from bodybuilding.com to bigmuscle.com to musclegrowth.org without hangups or guilt. Those rabblerousers that might consider that attitude "recruiting" may cry foul, but in my book if one's actions encourages others to be truly happy being themselves, that's a good thing. No pun (or pop cultural references) intended, but this site should "press" on!

[COLOR=red]"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]- Friedrich Nietzsche[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]- Dorothy Parker[/COLOR]
  #58   Add to kentie1964's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 22nd, 2008, 04:33 AM

kentie1964 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kentie1964 Send a message via Skype™ to kentie1964
Right On! My first memory of being attracted to muscle was in the 8th grade. There was this guy who was very developed.

"But I really got hot when I saw" Rocky, as in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was 15.

I didn't begin working out with weights until 2 years ago, I'm 43 now. Oh well, time waits for no one, so get going is what I say.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options