The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM

pumpin20inguns is on a distinguished road
Anyone ever have a Lifting Rival?

Have any you guys ever had a bodybuilding rival? Someone you competed with at the gym? flex offs at school

Last edited by pumpin20inguns; March 27th, 2008 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:04 AM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
I had a kid challenge me on bench once and I beat him, fluke I think. This was 2 years ago and he attempted a 305# lift and failed. I had never gone that heavy, but I got one rep unassisted. I felt pretty good about that. He was about 21 and I was 40. Don't get me wrong though, we were buddies, it was a friendly challenge. Most of my workout partners I've had, we try to either keep up or out do each other. It's good to have a little competition I think.
  #3   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:57 AM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Thumbs up

i like to think the friends i've made here are my rivals, if im bigger they want to get bigger and i give them hope, if there bigger then me i shot for that i never intend to stop
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Bally Boy Josh is less than half my age but I outweigh him by 40 lbs. (and we're exactly the same height.) On occasion we'll work out together and sometimes we'll see who can outdo the other on certain things. He beats me on chest, I beat him on legs, we're about tied when it comes to things like skullcrushers, I can outdo him on t-bar rows.

It's fun stuff! :-)

xoxo

Richard
  #5   Add to pumpin20inguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:06 PM

pumpin20inguns is on a distinguished road
I think rivalry happens anywhere. But at the gym its the most obvious. The Weight room. In Boxing Ring. Guys stare each other down everywhere.
  #6   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM

digger is on a distinguished road
I have two workout partners. I'm in the middle on most lifts. The stronger guy can do five sets of flat-bench DB presses with 125s. I can do one set at that weight. The third guy can do one set with the 120s. But we fluctuate. I'm stronger than both on deadlifts (regular--we don't do stiff-legged) and all leg movements. On deadlifts my best is one rep with 405. I hope to improve on that--maybe 4 reps by the middle of May. And on 45-degree leg press I'm back up to 8 reps at 1080 (my best was 8 reps at 1125 but sufferred a minor quad tear last year) whille their best is about 8 reps at 630. It's VERY good to have training partners/rivals to push you harder. My chest strength has been the biggest beneficiary of working out with them.
  #7   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
[QUOTE=digger;68984] On deadlifts my best is one rep with 405. I hope to improve on that--maybe 4 reps by the middle of May. And on 45-degree leg press I'm back up to 8 reps at 1080 (my best was 8 reps at 1125 but sufferred a minor quad tear last year) whille their best is about 8 reps at 630. QUOTE]

Grrr!

Yer a beast, Digger! And I mean that in a VERY good way!

xoxo

Richard
  #8   Add to GunMetalGrey88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2008, 07:14 AM

GunMetalGrey88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GunMetalGrey88 Send a message via Yahoo to GunMetalGrey88
Thumbs up

i actully got a new lifting buddy / rival at my gym been a coworker for some time so when he said he'd joini'll meet up with him, im 6,8 he's 5,9 but this skinny kid can lift like its average but at 8x45 on the leg press thats way to much.

i envy the kid year younger, drives, and really the only thing i beat him at is running but he's good for me, and im good to pick up what he can't

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options