The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Community > Surveys & Polls
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Surveys & Polls Cast your vote or create your own polls here!

Poll: What is your favorite type of muscle athlete? (Not counting Bodybuilders/Powerlifters
Poll Options
What is your favorite type of muscle athlete? (Not counting Bodybuilders/Powerlifters

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
Muscle Athletes.... (Poll)

[COLOR=#ff0000]I was watching the U.S. Gymnasts perforn on the Olympics today because male gymnasts are hands-down my favorite athletes. I know that they have to be insanely strong to do the things they are capable of and they have to train. However, gymnastics seems to unintentionally grant its competitors with naturally bulky, ripped, and symetrical muscularity. And those gymnasts that actually have good genetics for muscle development are even bulkier, more ripped, and symetrical. Even young kids that get involved with gymnastics are always stronger, and more muscular than other children their age.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]- And in thinking all of thise, I began thinking about other sports/activities that seem to have the same effects. So my question is this:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]What is your favorite type of muscle athlete?[/COLOR]

Last edited by Lover_Boy; August 9th, 2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added More Options
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to built4superspd's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:33 AM
ever bigger ever stronger

built4superspd
Send a message via Yahoo to built4superspd
gymnasts!

gymnasts have always been my favorite.

maybe a promising college gymnast who "suffers" a growth spurt and ends up more like 5'10-or-11" tall....(but still proportioned like he was 5'4'') ?
  #3   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:23 AM
A Lover of Muscle

Hmmmm....

[COLOR=red]....I'm not the least bit surprised that gymnasts and wrestlers got the most votes. But, I really thought martial artists would get more votes than they did.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]- C'mon, guys! How could you all forget the immortal Bruce Lee....!?!? Remember the rockin' bod that man had? 'Specially those cobra's-hood lats! And let's not forget the beautiful Jason Scott Lee that was perfectly cast to portray him in the movie.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]-Another lesser known martial arts movie star with a spectacular physique is Byron Mann. If you don't know who he is, watch (well, try to anyway) "Street Fighter" the movie (live action version with Van Damme). Byron Mann plays Ryu Hoshi.[/COLOR]

Last edited by Lover_Boy; August 12th, 2008 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
  #4   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
For me its always been a three-way toss-up - indeed gymasts have fantastic bodies, lean and well-defined muscle due to the low bodyfat, and lets face it you have to be strong to get into some of those positions! I also like wrestlers and of course they can vary from the well-defined and even bodybuilder proportions to the downright fat, but they have the power and the agility to overcome an opponent. Then of course, the one not mentioned in the poll but still noteworthy is soccer players, who while not bulky by any means are usually incredibly ripped just by virtue of the fact that they are energetic to the point of not even being able to put on mass very easy and even less an ounce of fat.
  #5   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
A Lover of Muscle

More Choices....

[COLOR=red]- I was going to add soccer players to the list. However, in editing, I couldn't figure out how to go back so I colud add more options.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]- Sorry, Geek2jock [/COLOR]
  #6   Add to abbraxis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2008, 11:14 PM
The Opinionated Asshole

abbraxis is on a distinguished road
Swimming... cause most of them take off their shirts. The others we just kind of hope they do...

That, and I would LOVE to have a swimmer's build (but I'd concentrate a bit more on legs to bring them up to par).
  #7   Add to Aarrow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM

Aarrow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aarrow Send a message via Yahoo to Aarrow Send a message via Skype™ to Aarrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbraxis View Post
Swimming... cause most of them take off their shirts. The others we just kind of hope they do...

That, and I would LOVE to have a swimmer's build (but I'd concentrate a bit more on legs to bring them up to par).
I was suprised that divers are are ripped as they were when I saw Men's Synchronized 10-meter platform the other day.
  #8   Add to skumbum's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM

skumbum is on a distinguished road
I was torn between martial artist and gymnast, but voted gymnast. I have a huge unrequited crush on someone who's both though...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options