The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Aarrow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:00 AM

Aarrow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aarrow Send a message via Yahoo to Aarrow Send a message via Skype™ to Aarrow
Neoprene Shorts

Anyone have any experience with neoprene shorts as a tool for weight-loss (in conjunction with the usual aerobic activities)? Everything I can find online (and on packaging) says that they encourage water-weight loss via sweating.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to AS2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM

AS2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to AS2000
Water weight loss is just numerical pounds, and you'll gain it back quickly, when you re-hydrate. It's generally considered a bad idea.

What most of us want to lose is fat. That's just a matter of diet and exercise usually, I'm afraid. Keeping a caloric deficit going, while straining your muscles enough that a good chunk of the weight loss comes from fat burning, not just muscle burning.

Water weight loss doesn't help much with long-term fat loss, as far as I know.
  #3   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:53 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
These might be one of the worst ways to lose weight, all you will do is dehydrate if you are lucky and end up with a rash if you are not. Water weight is quickly replaced and is not legitimate weight loss.
  #4   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
I had a neoprene waist belt for while, and frankly, don't waste your money. It claims you lose weight by causing you to sweat, which results in a loss of water weight, not fat weight. Guess what happens with the next drink of water you take, that's right, your body replenishes the water it lost. The only thing my belt did was cause my midsection to sweat, which it was very effective at that, but as for a fat loss tool, its nothing more than modern snake oil.
  #5   Add to AngryLeek's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2008, 10:15 PM
reticent lunatic

AngryLeek has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to AngryLeek Send a message via MSN to AngryLeek Send a message via Yahoo to AngryLeek
I'm in agreement about water-weight loss - not worth your time.

And neoprene shorts will have you basting in your own juices. I speak from an experience w/ a pair altho' not in working out or weight-loss. I'm actually a scrawny guy trying to improve my physique. Anyhow, I wore a pair of neoprene shorts and fortunately almost nothing else as part of my Michael Phelps costume this year. The shorts were a compromise for something...comparably minimal yet less revealing than the racing trunks or briefs worn by Olympians.
  #6   Add to Aarrow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Aarrow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aarrow Send a message via Yahoo to Aarrow Send a message via Skype™ to Aarrow
Thanks for the input. I'll admit that I bought them more as a result of my kinky side than anything else. Still, they are nice at keeping heat in when shoveling snow.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options