The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Qpjp1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Qpjp1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Qpjp1
Cool Qpjp1 BB Progress Log

Ok here is some pics I took today for my starting point.

Side picture
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...t_20090410.jpg
Front Picture
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...20090410_2.jpg
Back Picture
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...20090410_6.jpg

Heres my stats:

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145lbs

Well, I have been out of shape for a while now. I want to change this, and I decided that a thread would be helpful to keep me on track. Now I am looking forward to see where hard work will take me. My goal being to gain as much muscle mass as possible.

Any comments you have are welcome.

Q
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Always a fan.

Aikuchi is on a distinguished road
---

looking forward to it, much support!

----
  #3   Add to Qpjp1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Hello everyone

Just dropping by to talk about an experience I had today.

Today I went to buy some clothes at the mall! I pretty much hate doing this for a couple reasons. The first reason is that most clothes are terrible on me cause the way my body is. It looks terrible! I am just too skinny! The second reason is that every time I turn my head, there is some well fit looking guys filling out their shirts! Then I start to bash myself in my head. Thoughts of "you're a loser geek' at myself. Then I start to get depressed and feel bad. That makes me in a hurry to leave as soon as I can and not even care about buying anything. So the rest of the time spent at the mall, I was sort of paralyzed because I felt so terrible. I was going to say that it was because I was thinking about what everyone else was thinking about me. That plays an impact, but it was my own inner voice calling myself a loser that hurt the most.

I ended up buying the fewest thingS. When I got home I noticed how few stuff I bought and really wish I would have gotten more.

Thinking on it now I wish I would have relaxed and just accepted everything for what it is. I know I'm pretty skinny, and I'm gonna do my best to change it. I do feel better now after typing all of this! Going to work out in a few hours, and I'll do my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikuchi View Post
---

looking forward to it, much support!

----
Thanks Aikuchi, you're pretty awesome.
  #4   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Always a fan.

---

You're welcome

I don't thik you're skinny - because after a year of trying to put on weight (LOL!) I'm up to 143 lbs! from 135-ish and I'm about 5' 8"

There's definitely a barrier (and more) anyone has to surpass and you're no different than anyone, except for perspective. One day, you never know - someone might just be looking at you thinking... ((wish I worked out to look like him!))
So working on a little perspective as you work out can being a whole lotta difference and keep you motivated. Well, IMHO anyways

---
  #5   Add to Qpjp1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM

Well, today I worked out my arms, back, and abs!

The hardest part for me is concentrating along with my lack of focus! My mind wonders off too easily! I guess it is used to wasting time!

I noticed my left arm is really weaker than my right arm! My left arm was pretty pumped with the veins popping out, My right arm wasn't! This was all with the same weight on both of them. I guess it just shows my left arm is having a hard time doing what it is doing! My left arm better catch up soon or I'm gonna stab it! lol jk!

Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing well! Take care!
  #6   Add to Aikuchi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Always a fan.

---

Yea _ i know alls about that focus thing. I'm relatively shy in the gym and waiting for my turn for equipment. I just move about until I'm sure a machine isn't in use. Too shy to ask if someone's going to be done with it soon But I know eventually I'll get to use it

As for wandering minds, are you distracted or is the repetition making your mind wander aimlessly to other things? I noticed really focusing on the muscle (or the way your body moves strains and responds) in the workout helps for focus and generally makes you feel more aware of your body and be more acute about the results. I think its called listening to your body - it'll make you workouts all the more better for it in the long run! Helps you pay attention to form too !

Altho' if you ask about the forums, I hope the more expenreicned amongst the forum will be able to share similar advise!

Yea- so you;re a rightie! I think thats relatively common, ebcause as a leftie or righter, one arms tends to be used more for manual labour and other for more dextrous pursuits. Not sure how to handle that. I guess at first, both arms could do similar weight .... altho I remember reading someplace, using one arms with slightly heavier weights (barbells) also make a difference in even-ning them out, ... (( shrugs)) not sure Don't quote me on that!

---
  #7   Add to ldaniel13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 17th, 2009, 12:29 AM

ldaniel13 is on a distinguished road
Get some good music to listen to while you are lifting. When I first started lifting, it really helped to have motivating music. Music is sometimes enough to drown out meandering thoughts and keep you focused. Eventually, you will get to like lifting for lifting's sake. With regard to the arm, I would try to do more barbell exercises and not do dumbell exercises for a while. That keeps muscle use somewhat more uniform between the muscles.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options