The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to caneda's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2009, 08:46 AM

caneda is on a distinguished road
Going up a Shirt Size... Sort of.

Kind of a lurker here, but I finally have something to share. (Also working on a story to post for you guys, too...)

My seemingly never-ending goal has been to gain weight. I?ve been working at it for a while, and just a few weeks ago started a serious bulk. So far I?ve managed to gain almost five pounds, going from 167 lbs. to a current 171.8, so it?s going well.

This week, I?ve had two weird experiences that I have to share. First, my roommate made an odd comment? "Are you getting ready for a bodybuilding competition or something?"

"No," I replied, "Why would you even ask that?"

His answer was, "I don?t know. You?re just drinking protein everytime I see you now."

The really weird part was that for one thing, that?s not true, and for another, I was just reading before bed. I told another one of my roommates about this (one of the ones who actually goes to the gym every now and then), he decided to mess with me when we got back by walking up to Roomie 1 and a bunch of others and saying, "Hey, guys! Did you know Ian is preparing for a bodybuilding competition?" I squashed that one pretty quick, but Roomie 1 kept up the conversation by pointing out that he was completely serious.

"Well, how was I supposed to know? You work out all the time and you?re definitely getting bigger." I sort of demurred, but he insisted. "Really? You don?t see yourself getting bigger? You?ve definitely gotten bigger since I moved in." I mean, I know I?ve gained some weight since the beginning of the year (clearly? I?m tracking it), but I wouldn?t have thought it was noticeable. This is why I take the progress photos.

The second weird/cool experience seems like it was almost tailored (no pun intended) to prove his point to me. I have this one shirt from H&M that?s a pretty fantastic button-up summery shirt. I haven?t worn it in a few months because it hasn?t been warm enough, but it was almost 80 yesterday, so I pulled it out of the closet to wear? and it didn?t fit. It?s always had a weird fit and been a little tight because it?s from H&M, but it?s a medium and has always fit before. This time, though, there was no missing it? I somehow managed to get it on, but it very obviously was too small, and it was starting to cut off circulation to my arms. After a little struggle, I managed to get out of it, and then gave it away.

So? yeah. I?m a little disappointed, because it was a cool shirt, but still, it?s kind of cool. Tangible evidence of progress. I mean, has this ever happened to anyone?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneda View Post

The second weird/cool experience seems like it was almost tailored (no pun intended) to prove his point to me. I have this one shirt from H&M that?s a pretty fantastic button-up summery shirt. I haven?t worn it in a few months because it hasn?t been warm enough, but it was almost 80 yesterday, so I pulled it out of the closet to wear? and it didn?t fit. It?s always had a weird fit and been a little tight because it?s from H&M, but it?s a medium and has always fit before. This time, though, there was no missing it? I somehow managed to get it on, but it very obviously was too small, and it was starting to cut off circulation to my arms. After a little struggle, I managed to get out of it, and then gave it away.

So? yeah. I?m a little disappointed, because it was a cool shirt, but still, it?s kind of cool. Tangible evidence of progress. I mean, has this ever happened to anyone?
Congrats on your gains...it's quite addictive. I had a similar experience to the one you mentioned but with a long-sleeve summer shirt. The year before, I noticed it got a bit tight in the arm if I bent it. I just buttoned it up and noticed it was quite tight. I then reached up to scratch my head and Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrip! I was terrified then instantaneously thrilled. So much so, that I did the same thing to the other arm with the identical result. Growing is awesome!
  #3   Add to Brave_Wolfie's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Brave_Wolfie is on a distinguished road
It happened to me a few years back when I got serious about lifting. I would wake up extra early and put on the same shirt every first Monday of the month before I go to work because I had this little ridiculous belief that it would bring me luck on the worst day of the week. I would do this in an absent minded fashion, so the shirt could have been covered in spiders and I wouldn't have noticed at all... I already knew the sleeve part was a bit torn up, so I didn't bother to notice the tightness anywhere else. So I put on this shirt, go to my job, stretch by putting my arms behind my head and I almost shat bricks when I heard a loud rip come from out of the blue. I looked at my sleeves and noticed they were ripped, along with the front of my shirt ripped open... Well, it was more like a vest at this point.

I was embarassed, yet satisfied at the same time. This is where my belief in the shirt being lucky was proven, since there was only one person there. It was a pretty gal who I liked, and she seemed to notice me more than a friend at that point. I suppose a well chiseled and bare torso can do that... Luckily she was there to go get me another shirt, if she wasn't, then everyone else would've walked in to see a half naked weirdo in a cubicle. As to what happened to that pretty gal, she later became my wife. I lost my favorite shirt, but I think it finished its role as "my lucky shirt". It also gave me a awkward story to tell my son when he gets older, so that's a plus too... Maybe.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options