The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:26 AM

Padraig is on a distinguished road
The Summer of 1981, Part 13: America

For those of you who would like to catch up, here are links to the earlier chapters:

Part 1: The Best of Times
Part 2: Wasn't That A Party
Part 3: The Boy From New York City
Part 4: The Voice
Part 5: Feels So Right
Part 6: Sausalito Summernight
Part 7: The Waiting
Part 8: All I Have To Do Is Dream
Part 9: Urgent
Part 10: The Theme From The Greatest American Hero
Part 11: Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Part 12: Life of Illusion

Any feedback is very much appreciated - I would love to hear from those of you who have been reading. Or if you just want to reminisce about some of your favorite music or memories from 1981, please feel free to share. Thanks!!

“Happy Fourth of July!” shouted Tug as walked into Ben's kitchen wearing his workout clothes. Ben was standing behind the counter, wearing an apron but not a shirt, and Tug noted how his friend's deeply tan shoulders, arms, and pecs stood out boldly behind the crisp white fabric.

Dang! This guy should always wear white! He looks so cool!

“Same to you,” replied Ben. He noted the big smile on Tug’s face and added, “You seem chipper today. Are you a big fan of Independence Day?”

“Well, sure, but that’s not why I’m so happy. I did a chin-up last night. My very first one!”

“Really? When?”

“On my way home, using a tree branch in our yard where Tim used to do chin-ups. I thought I would give it a try, and I was able to do one!”

“Well, congratulations!” said Ben. He was very happy for Tug, and could certainly remember making the same kind of progress when he first started working out. “If you don’t watch out, pretty soon you’re going to be addicted to exercise.”

“I know. Who would have thought Tug the Lug could ever do a chin-up?”

“Tug the Lug?” asked Ben as he rounded the corner of the kitchen cabinets and approached his friend.

“Please don’t ask where that came from.”

“I won’t, but only because I am so happy you have stuck with it. You’re making good progress, considering it’s only been a few weeks. I mean, I can tell you’ve lost weight.”

“Yeah, I noticed that, too. My clothes have gotten looser on me – I’m getting to the point where I almost always have to wear a belt," said Tug.

“Exactly. And let’s see you flex that bicep.”

Tug obliged and flexed his left arm. Ben reached up and pulled back his friend’s shirt sleeve to reveal a well-formed muscle – it wasn’t huge, but it had grown enough to become visible through the layer of fat on his arm.

“Look at that python,” Ben said as he squeezed Tug’s arm. “Bigger and badder every day. A few more weeks and you’ll be doing 10 chin-ups.”

Tug’s smile grew larger at the thought. He looked up from his arm to see that Ben was smiling, too, and the boys locked eyes for a moment. Tug wasn’t sure what he was feeling exactly as he gazed into Ben’s baby blues – understanding? admiration? - but he definitely felt something.

After about five seconds, Ben broke the silence and their gaze to return to the cooking area. “But before we work out and turn you into a muscle machine, let’s start with breakfast.”

“Sounds good to me.”

The boys ate hastily and cleaned up their dishes, and then headed for the basement to pump iron. Today was legs and shoulders, and Tug pushed himself harder than normal, using the excitement about his chin-up from the night before as his motivator. They followed the workout with their run on the beach (which was always more of a slow jog after leg day), and then returned to the house for lunch.

As they readied for 'Hawaii Five-O,' Ben asked, “So what do you guys do for the Fourth of July around here?”

“Unfortunately, nothing on the scale of New York City, I’m sure. With most of the town on vacation, there’s never really been an organized effort to do a big community celebration. Some people buy boxes of fireworks and light them off in secluded areas, but my parents were always against it.”

“They don’t like the noise?”

“No, not the noise – the accidents. I have a cousin who was born on July 4th, and my mom and dad sat in the waiting room of the hospital with my uncle while my aunt was in labor. After seeing burn victim after burn victim come in, they became convinced that Tim and I would set each other on fire.”

“So no fireworks as a kid? What about sparklers?”

“Nope - not any. But that doesn’t mean you and I will miss out tonight. We can see the Everett show from the island, and I have the perfect place to watch it.”

“Cool. Will your parents be watching with us?” asked Ben.

“No, they like to have a late dinner with friends and watch it from the rooftop of the hotel. But I have a better place.”

“All right then. I will leave it all up to you.”

-----------------------------------------------------

After spending a quiet afternoon on the beach reading Clive Cussler novels that they found in Ben’s aunt’s library, the boys biked over to the Burger Palace for dinner, where Tug had a salad for his entree, and then returned to Ben’s around 7:00pm. They continued to read their books until it got dark around 9:30pm, when Tug announced it was time to leave.

They took the transistor radio off the porch and walked back towards the Yates house. About halfway back Tug turned away from the water and led Ben up a windy path through the woods adjacent to his property.

“Who owns this land?” asked Ben.

“My parents. It was set aside years ago as part of a plan to create a state park, but the legislature never got around to doing it. So the state eventually auctioned it off, and my dad decided to buy it.”

The pair continued to walk along the path, climbing higher and higher, and Tug was surprised that he wasn’t getting winded. Eventually they came to a small clearing with a fire lookout that appeared to have been deserted for a long while.

Tug charged up the staircase, with his friend right behind. “Here we are, Ben, the best view of the fireworks on the island.” He reached into his pocket, pulled out a key, and unlocked the door. Then he slipped the key back into his pocket and stepped inside.

Ben was only a few feet behind and soon entered the lookout as well. “It’s a cool building, but are we allowed to be in here?”

“Trust me, we’re good. The lookout came with the land, and we are the only ones with keys.”

“Do your parents ever come up here?” asked Ben as he looked around at the sparse interior. He saw two chairs, a small table, and a blanket, but nothing hung on the walls. “It doesn’t really look like your mom’s style.”

“Not really. They’ve been here, of course, but with no electricity and no plumbing, it’s not a place one stays at very long.”

The boys settled into their chairs and Tug turned up the radio. He switched the channel to a station that was playing patriotic music along with the fireworks. A few minutes later the show began, and Ben could instantly see why Tug liked the view so much – at this altitude it was almost as though the fireworks were right in front of him, plus he could see their reflection in the water of Puget Sound below.

“Wow, very cool, Tug. You were so right about the view.” Ben reached over and patted his friend on the shoulder, and Tug smiled at his touch.

A few minutes later the wind began to blow, whipping through the treetops and in through the vented windows of the lookout. Both boys noticed the quick drop in temperature, which had been hastened by the sun setting 30 minutes earlier. Neither was dressed for inclement weather, with both wearing t-shirts and shorts, and they hadn’t bothered to bring a jacket or sweatshirt.

“Wow, it can sure get cold quick around here,” remarked Ben.

“Yeah, those winds came out of nowhere,” agreed Tug. “I’m afraid the windows don't close, but we do have this blanket.” He turned away from the fireworks for a moment and grabbed the blanket from the floor.

“Are there two or just the one?”

“Just the one – you should take it,” said Tug. “I’ll be OK.”

“Thanks,” said Ben as his friend unfolded it, “but it’s your blanket. You take it.”

“Ben, I insist.” Tug grabbed the blanket on both ends and threw it around his friend’s shoulders. It covered his entire body and draped onto the floor.

“Tug, this thing is huge. You should huddle under here, too – unless it’s too weird. I can’t tell,” he said with a smirk on his face.

“It is weird, Ben. But for my own self-preservation, I’ll do it under two conditions.”

“What are they?”

“”One – we never speak of this to anyone. And two – no farting.”

Ben laughed hard and nodded his head in agreement. Tug pulled up the right end of the blanket, scooted his chair over, and huddled underneath with his friend. He immediately was enveloped by a comforting warmth as his shoulder touched Ben's solid frame, and both boys turned their attention back to the fireworks.

The radio continued to play along with the show.

Far, we've been travelling far
Without a home, but not without a star
Free, only want to be free
We huddle close, hang on to a dream

On the boats and on the planes, they're coming to America
Never looking back again, they're coming to America

Home, don't it seem so far away
Oh, we're travelling light today
In the eye of the storm
In the eye of the storm

Home, to a new and a shiny place
Make our bed, and we'll say our grace
Freedom's light burning warm
Freedom's light burning warm

Everywhere around the world
They're coming to America
Every time that flag's unfurled
They're coming to America

Last edited by Padraig; July 5th, 2009 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Here's the song that inspired this chapter. I loved the line "we huddle close," and wanted to come up with a way for Tug and Ben to huddle.

As for the clip, I totally dig the shirt Neil has on. I wonder if he dresses like that when going to the grocery store or a neighborhood barbecue?

Anyway, Happy Fourth of July!

Last edited by Padraig; July 5th, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
  #3   Add to therealm1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:17 PM

therealm1 is on a distinguished road
This story is an appropriate tale to read in the summer of 2009. I've liked what you've done with interloping some "old" music into your stories. I've had to "youtube" them since they are a bit before my time, which has been fun in exposing myself to some new music.

Happy Fourth to you and all your readers!
  #4   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2009, 06:53 AM

I'm glad you're enjoying the series, and I'm going to keep on posting the videos after the stories. To me, 1981 seems like only yesterday - it's just hard to believe it was 28 years ago!

#5   Add to michaelv2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Mr. Registered User

michaelv2 is on a distinguished road
I'm really enjoying this series - as sweet as apple pie. I spent the forth in Tahuya, WA yesterday which had a very small town parade, it was great.
  #6   Add to Padraig's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2009, 05:38 PM

I'm glad you like sweet, because that's definitely my writing style for this story. And I'm happy you had a wonderful Fourth - I love the Olympic Peninsula, and I will have to check out Tahuya on my next trip over there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options