The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:20 AM

diegomuscles is on a distinguished road
Cool Muscle Dad

The other day I went to one of those chinese all-you-can-eat restaurants. When I was going for my second plate, I saw a huge guy, around 5'9'' and 200lbs+ wearing tight jeans and a tight white short-sleeved shirt. You can say that in these restaurants you will always find the regular bodybuilder once in a while. I would say that these eateries are very interesting places where you can see all the range of body types from the fittest guy to the morbidly obese guy.

Anyway, what called my attention was the fact that this guy, in his late forties, was there with his wife and their two kids. They were having a family dinner and, after realising that this was the case, I felt ashamed for checking him out under those circumstances. However, it was impossible not to do it. He was conspicuosly BIG (and He knew it!).

My mind started wandering, imagining how the life of this guy could be:
How many times per week would does he work out?
Does he feel sexy when he sees himself in the mirror?
How does he balance the bodybuilder regime with his family life?
How is his sex drive? Is he flirty? What does his wife think?

Usually, after marriage, men stop working out mainly because of their wives don't want them to get big. I have heard that story so many times that I have come to the conclusion that wives (and some boyfriends) are a castrating force in the universe.
In this case, his wife seemed to be oblivious to his size, as if she had lost that battle against the gym.

I find extremely attractive the idea of the Muscle Dad. I think it requires a lot of self discipline to be a responsible dad and at the same time a good looking one!

Is anyone here that kind guy? Does anyone here know a similar guy?

It would be interesting see other perspectives on the whole Muscle Dad topic.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Lot of questions

Diego,

I'm nowhere near as big as your 5'9" guy. I'm 6'3" 210-215 (on a really good day! But I'm making progress!)
To answer some of your questions (pretty thorough survey!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegomuscles View Post

>>>Depends on how I'm feeling. After a good pump and workout, H*** YEAH! (But I think that's just like any guy. Some days you feel like a stud, some days you feel like a dud.)

>>>Squeeze it in along with everything else -- job, family, house, yard, etc. etc.

>>o.k. [Exhaustion is not uncommon!!] Flirty? No, I've never been a tease. If I'm serious, I'm serious. Joking around and horrible puns, however, are something else! Wife is o.k. with it. Doesn't actively protest; moderately supportive, as long as all the other priorities are handled.

Usually, after marriage, men stop working out mainly because of their wives don't want them to get big. I have heard that story so many times that I have come to the conclusion that wives (and some boyfriends) are a castrating force in the universe.
In this case, his wife seemed to be oblivious to his size, as if she had lost that battle against the gym.

>>I do know guys whose wives are very suspicious/jealous of any time spent "away from home". The most noteworthy exception to that was a guy I met who participated in a bbing show. He was about 28 or so, 5'10" around 200#, ripped. His wife worked out with him at the gym. He spent 5 days a week there. At the time I talked to him, they had been married about a year, no kids. I never saw him again after that, so I have no idea whether things changed.

>>To be fair to the wife or partner, the guy himself may just change his priorities over time. Once you've hit your target size, and entered a competition, or just gotten used to the new, bigger you, there may be nothing left to prove, so you move on to different priorities. It's not necessarily true that anyone "talked you out of it".

>>Also, let's not forget that the guy may leave and come back, leave and come back. I've done that repeatedly, due to the demands of my career, my family, etc. Right now I'm in a medical layoff, but I am determined to hit it again hard, hopefully starting up again in August! Regardless, I'm delighted to see that I've kepta lot of size and strength, particularly in my arms, legs, butt and chest, AND my waist has stayed down (must be all that walking, taking stairs and the subway! And watching the junk food!)

As many others on here have said, bodybuilding is one of those sports you can come back to again and again, over a lifetime! Remember BigRon and the 73 year old he lifted with! GREAT motivation!

I also want my two sons to have positive self images, so I show them what to do. They are all stoked after seeing the WWE Wrestling guys on TV, so I am sure to tell them that those big bodies are the result of hard work, good genetics and (some) pharmaceuticals! Maybe everyone won't end up looking like Hulk Hogan, but they can be the best "them" they can be!

Great thread!

Mdlftr
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
"Muscle Dad," hmm?

Strange concept!

Never heard of it!

I can't imagine what one would look like!

:-)

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to tanky's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM
100% Beef Addict

tanky has disabled reputation
Love 'em!

Oh my goodness how I LOVE muscle daddies! So many guys let themselves go when they get older that I think it?s wonderful that some guys still keep in shape. There?s also just something so hot about an older guy still being so ?into? his own body and keen on showing it off too, even though he isn?t a cocky young guy anymore! I also love the angle that he?s also a nice guy, a devoted responsible family man, a loving father/husband and yet at the same time still find the motivation and drive to keep his body huge and ripped is truly amazing to me. Muscle dads of the world, I salute you!
  #5   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
The other day I went to one of those chinese all-you-can-eat restaurants. When I was going for my second plate, I saw a huge guy, around 5'9'' and 200lbs+ wearing tight jeans and a tight white short-sleeved shirt. You can say that in these restaurants you will always find the regular bodybuilder once in a while. I would say that these eateries are very interesting places where you can see all the range of body types from the fittest guy to the morbidly obese guy.

Anyway, what called my attention was the fact that this guy, in his late forties, was there with his wife and their two kids. They were having a family dinner and, after realising that this was the case, I felt ashamed for checking him out under those circumstances. However, it was impossible not to do it. He was conspicuosly BIG (and He knew it!).

My mind started wandering, imagining how the life of this guy could be:
How many times per week would does he work out?

I find extremely attractive the idea of the Muscle Dad. I think it requires a lot of self discipline to be a responsible dad and at the same time a good looking one!

Very good posting and topic.

I know it is an all too often occurrence when some guys get married the weight training/bodybuilding go by the wayside. And it is sometimes a natural progression of priorities, kids, life, other projects, etc etc.

However, I do also feel that if weight training/bodybuilding is something that you are truly passionate about you will make it work and incorporate it into your family life.

When I first read this post I immediately thought of that huge bodybuilder Andy Haman. I had viewed him and his family on a video posted on YouTube, and also having communicated with him he is not only has big muscles but a big heart. From what I see he is a not only a huge Bodybuilder but a great father and husband.

What I also find interesting is how he has incorporated his bodybuilding lifestyle throughout his entire family (Hence, during a Muscle Expo they were all dressed as "The Incredibles" action heros). Now I am not saying that all families do this, though if one wants to pursue bodybuilding it would be helpful to couple and be with someone that understands completely what you are all about and is okay with it, and not just going through the motions and thinking "he'll grow out of it" or "I'll get him to stop eventually".

Note: here is a video of Andy and his family on YouTube:

In short, if you have a passion for bodybuilding, or anything for that matter, you will make it work.

Ron III----III

P.S. I am adding this video simply because I love the size of this guy, and he's 45 years old!

#6   Add to Amazed's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Amazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Amazed
damn! watching andy strut around in those short shorts and painted on tshirt (seriously, how did he get that on/off?) really got my goat. also funny when he came up behind the stick figure in the under armor shirt who was struggling to do a chinup and (playfully) taunted him. would've been harder if he grabbed the kid and started to use him as a human weight to get pumped up for the tryout!
  #7   Add to Big Jake's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Lost bull.

Big Jake is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Big Jake Send a message via AIM to Big Jake Send a message via MSN to Big Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Big Jake Send a message via Skype™ to Big Jake
I love that guy. He has such a great personality! Hope they make him a gladiator. I used to watch AG as a kid and I loved the adrenalen rush from watching all the competition. Was a great show.
  #8   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
I love that guy. He has such a great personality! Hope they make him a gladiator. I used to watch AG as a kid and I loved the adrenalin rush from watching all the competition. Was a great show.
I know, Andy is really a great guy and a terrific sport.

I've communicated with Andy Haman and he really is a nice guy and a great family man who just happens to have a big muscled body.

He did not make the American Gladiators cut, and no reason was ever given although I don't think that they ever give a reason. I can hazard a guess and say that after watching that clip, the producers and the other Gladiators may not have said it, but they probably thought that Andy would wipe the floor up with the lot of them, especially Mike O'Hearn a.k.a. Titan. Mike/Titan probably crapped in his pants when he saw that video clip and thought "man, I'm going to look like a 98 pound weakilng out there with that muscle monster Haman!".

And then there is the fear of the producers and sponsors seeing someone of that size on the show and automatically the spectre of "STEROIDS" would rear it's ugly head among the viewing audience.....especially with someone of Haman's proportions.

Don't mean to hijack the "Daddy" thread, but it did make for interesting conversation.

Ron IIII---IIII
  #9   Add to tallmuscledman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:49 AM

tallmuscledman is on a distinguished road
When I was married and had 3 kids and a very demanding job, I had to find time to lift. I usually went to the gym at about 9:30 p.m., once the kids were in bed, and lifted til 10:30 or 11 p.m. For the 2 and a half years I did that I added more muscle mass than any other time. I went from 250 to 275 during that period. So it is possible to combine the gym with a family. You just have to be dedicated and find a gym that has flexible hours. Many married men lift early in the morning but that did not work for me. And it was great to work out late in the evening. Usually there were only a few people in the gym and I was able to really focus. My kids friends called me "muscle daddy." In the gay world, there is an entire faction of older muscule men that are called Muscle Dads.
  #10   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM

muscle dads

Thank you all for your posts.

Ron, I don't think you had change the topic at all. Actually, you gave us an example of a real "flesh and bones" muscle dad.

I think that muscle dads have to develop two skills to succeed. On one hand they should make money and spend it wisely to cover the household bills and their nutrition and gym bill. On the other, they should be good time managers to allocate family time and gym time in their lives.

I think that a guy with muscles is sexy but a responsible and intelligent guy (a.k.a. a muscle dad) is sexier
  #11   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
How's this for a muscle dad?

#12   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM

cool dad

He definitely qualifies!
  #13   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Muscle Dad and Muscle Son

I found another interesting video:

#14   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM

This guy has... You can find his channel (sasdm) on youtube
and his website here

Last edited by diegomuscles; July 29th, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
  #15   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Brian Silk

I remember this guy!

He was around in the early to mid 80's. Middling big, placed in shows, but seldom won. Very handsome, appeared in a lot of ads.

He looks terrific!!! It's great that his wife and sons bodybuild and powerlift also. They seem like a terrific family!

It's kind of poignant to see Brian Sr.'s gradually shrinking left bicep, while Brian Jr.'s grows. At the end of the vid, they're close to the same size -- but the Dad still has it over the punk kid!

YEAH! for Dads everywhere!

[Sound of Silver Back gorilla pounding chest and roaring in the jungle]

Mdlftr
  #16   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
Love this!

Especially the way the female narrator ("Mom"? "Girl friend"?) keeps saying,
"Do the beach thing (apparently referring to a flex she wants him to do).

He goes through a crab shot, a Zeus biceps shot, a standing relaxed pose, and she keeps giggling (and filming) while saying, "No, not THAT one, the OTHER one."

Is it any wonder the poor guy's confused?

At LEAST learn the names of poses, girlie!

Mdlftr
  #17   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:21 AM
DaBigGuy1

Quote:
I found another interesting video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QhjfZZhRg
Oh wow..... I KNOW this guy! It's been a few years, but wow....he's looking GREAT! Makes me proud to be a "mature" lifter!

Ron III---III
  #18   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBigGuy1 View Post
Oh wow..... I KNOW this guy! It's been a few years, but wow....he's looking GREAT! Makes me proud to be a "mature" lifter!

Ron III---III
Hey Ron,

I think he has being winning contests in his category lately.

Cheers,

Diego
  #19   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
I'm a dad turning 56 this month. You don't have to compete on stage to set an example for your sons. Maybe they will adopt a fitness lifestyle and maybe they won't. My sons, fourteen and nineteen, have not found their way to the weight room yet. Maybe some day.

http://cid-6e1b8f0ecc87ce06.skydrive...20top%20summer
  #20   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:31 PM

Hey Jim, you are looking good man! Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post
I'm a dad turning 56 this month. You don't have to compete on stage to set an example for your sons. Maybe they will adopt a fitness lifestyle and maybe they won't. My sons, fourteen and nineteen, have not found their way to the weight room yet. Maybe some day.

#21   Add to diegomuscles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM

More of the muscle dad Andy Hamman

More of the muscle dad Andy Hamman:

#22   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM

Impressive Andy Harmon

"Flipping 200# truck tires --- at 12 years old!!"

"When we bench 600 pounds, we like to use whipped cream!!!"

Too funny!

What a guy!!

An inspiration to Dads everywhere--- and SERIOUSLY JACKED!!

His chest looks like Roman armour -- pecs like dinner plates and hard as steel!

Whoah!

Mdlftr -- seriously impressed!
  #23   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim USA View Post

WIth any luck, they'll come around, took me over a decade to get my head out of my rear and hit the weights!
  #24   Add to erinbbby's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:35 PM

erinbbby is on a distinguished road
My Best Friends Dad

My old best friends dad was a muscle daddy. He was fucking huge! one night when we were 11 we were lying on a pull out couch and it was late at night. His dad came into the room to tell us to go to sleep and that was when i knew i liked muscle dads. He was just wearing briefs and he was bulging with muscle. He wasn't ripped by any means but just realllllly bulky. About 6'1 and well over 260 pounds. He was hairy as all hell and his pecs were unbelievably huge. I mean like the guy had pecs that strained every shirt he wore. He was such an alpha male and seeing him in just briefs...uhh...
  #25   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:44 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbbby View Post
My old best friends dad was a muscle daddy. He was fucking huge! one night when we were 11 we were lying on a pull out couch and it was late at night. His dad came into the room to tell us to go to sleep and that was when i knew i liked muscle dads. He was just wearing briefs and he was bulging with muscle. He wasn't ripped by any means but just realllllly bulky. About 6'1 and well over 260 pounds. He was hairy as all hell and his pecs were unbelievably huge. I mean like the guy had pecs that strained every shirt he wore. He was such an alpha male and seeing him in just briefs...uhh...
That must have made a huge impression on you. He keeps popping up in your stories--or do you think it was something else that made you crave bear dads?
  #26   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2009, 03:22 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Muscle dads...

I can remember many years ago when I used to go to this small town place to buy tires....a mom and dad type of place. Well, I go in to buy tires and this kid is in the shop office, he must have been about 8-10 years old (I was around 18-19 years old at the time) and he says "my dad will be in in a minute.

Within a few minutes this blond haired behemoth of a muscle god walks in with a huge smile and asked me what I needed. This guy was huge, and being it was the summer he had on this tank top and was nicely tanned with huge biceps and boulder like delts. I can also remember these two young girls thre that were looking him over as well and just giggling like they were little school girls. And I also remember finding it interesting that although he was polite to them, he seemed to be more talkative to me and we started to talk about lifting as I asked him not only if he worked out (which was obvious that he did), but for HOW LONG has he been training. We talked for a bit, and then he finished up with my car and gave me a firm handshake and told me to come back soon and we could talk more (and of course I buy more tires!).

I was so enamored with this guy that instead of two tires I bought four, a set of rims and I became QUITE a regular customer!

Time passed, and just recently I drove past that same little shop, and it is not there anymore. In it's place stands a 7-Eleven and a bunch of little shops. I often wonder what may have happened to that guy that made such an impression on me and was one of my motivations to become a huge musclehead...

Like him!

D
  #27   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
I wish I could find a muscledad like a combination of Lifter73's and erinbbny's.
  #28   Add to Bazorba's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Bazorba
Send a message via AIM to Bazorba Send a message via MSN to Bazorba Send a message via Yahoo to Bazorba
Pic looks a bit old, but...

Body By Dad
  #29   Add to mutador's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM

mutador
Wow this thread is awesome. Muscle dad is my favorite fantasy and the topic of almost all my stories.
I totally agree that what is attractive in the idea of a muscle dad is that he can be a super strong huge muscle hunk, extra manly and also be gentle, considerate, caring, understanding, etc all the features of a good dad.
I'm sure if I search into my harddrive I'll have a lot of examples to contribute to this thread. One that comes to mind right now is Jeramy Freeman, the well known hunky bodybuilder from the 80's and 90's, he's become an equally hunky trainer and dad. There is a video that shows his lifestyle and his family here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...8558779&hl=es#

I will see if I find more real life muscle daddies to share.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options