The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Way Too Tall

anglekindle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to anglekindle Send a message via Yahoo to anglekindle Send a message via Skype™ to anglekindle
different doses for tall people?

I'm really tall at 6'6" and I know because of that I have to take higher doses of medicine to actually benefit from them. Is it the same for steroids? Do I have to take higher doses because I'm tall?
  #2   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Yes you have to take higher doses forthe same effect as in a shorter guy. If your first cycle try a normal dose, use local inyections that empower your muscles and then go up on next cycle.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Ender is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Ender
In figuring the correct dosage of any medication it is body mass (ie weight) not height that factors in to the effective dosage not height. Yes taller people as a rule are heavier then short people, but if you are 6'6" and weigh130lb the right dose would be the same as for a 5'6" guy that weighs 130lb and not the dose for the 6'6" guy that weighs 230lbs. Steroids are powerful drugs and can be very dangerous when they are abused. The easiest way to abuse steroids and hurt yourself with them is to believe that larger doses will result in larger gains the truth is that larger doses greatly increases the risks of dangerous and unwanted sides....

Ender
  #4   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Way Too Tall

Send a message via MSN to anglekindle Send a message via Yahoo to anglekindle Send a message via Skype™ to anglekindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
In figuring the correct dosage of any medication it is body mass (ie weight) not height that factors in to the effective dosage not height. Yes taller people as a rule are heavier then short people, but if you are 6'6" and weigh130lb the right dose would be the same as for a 5'6" guy that weighs 130lb and not the dose for the 6'6" guy that weighs 230lbs. Steroids are powerful drugs and can be very dangerous when they are abused. The easiest way to abuse steroids and hurt yourself with them is to believe that larger doses will result in larger gains the truth is that larger doses greatly increases the risks of dangerous and unwanted sides....

Ender
Thanks for the responses. Currently I'm 240lbs so I guess I'll increase the dosage just 'slightly'. (instead of 1ml, 1.2ml) I'm very aware of the dangers of steroids which is why I'm not jumping to like 2ml. My friend(and source) even told me that the body can only absorb a certain amount of testosterone before the rest is converted to waste. I wanted another opinion so I posted the question here.

Thanks Again
  #5   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM
Muscle Nerd in Training

Something I didn't ask/say and should have...

How old are you? If you are a "kid" (say teens to early 20's) unless you have "abnormally low" androgen levels you really shouldn't be considering any sort steroids at all. As a "normal" kid your levels are most likely ringing the bell as high naturally. And taking any addition would be worthless and likely to cause problems you don't want and could become permanent.

If you do have low levels a doctor can give you a prescription that will let you have them legally. (Note get them to tell you the actual levels and not just tell you they are "Normal." The range the tests report as "Normal" isn't age adjusted... What's barely normal for a guy that is 60-70 is way low for some one 15-25... If you get tested make sure the Doctor takes that into account...)

Ender
  #6   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 24th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I don't think height is really a factor. It may seem like that, because results will always look more impressive on a short guy. And tall guys have less advantageous leverage, so progress for them tends to be slower. But increasing the dosage due to height isn't likely to help. I even have to question whether weight matters. People at all different sizes can have varying numbers of receptor sites, and once those receptors are saturated, that's that. Anything extra is just a waste.
  #7   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Way Too Tall

woah blond moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
I don't think height is really a factor. It may seem like that, because results will always look more impressive on a short guy. And tall guys have less advantageous leverage, so progress for them tends to be slower. But increasing the dosage due to height isn't likely to help. I even have to question whether weight matters. People at all different sizes can have varying numbers of receptor sites, and once those receptors are saturated, that's that. Anything extra is just a waste.
Lol forgot about this thread...

Thanks everyone for the input. I actually decided not to up the dosage after all. Got into a interesting conversation with a few guys at the gym(one guy around my height but dwarfs me by 50+ pounds... he runs the juice bar). Apparently the stuff I was sold was "weak shit" as they put it.

So I'm kinda pissed, thinking of all the money I tossed at this brand only to hear that it was probably about 80% placebo.

Word of advice, double check your sources.
  #8   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Way Too Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodrick4 View Post
hello everyone,

I'm 25yrs old and my height is 6ft 5inch.
I have joined the gym just before 5 days. My trainee suggest me to take steroid for good body. Should I take it or not? Is it good to take for good body building?
Wow a inch shorter then I am....

Its up to you man, you want to try steroids try them. Just be sure you know exactly what your getting yourself into.
  #9   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2009, 05:13 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Tall != bigger. Especially if you're a young dude starting out, where it's more likely that you're rail thin in addition to your height.
  #10   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:31 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
OK I'm going to be an ass for a minute.
Wow, you weren't kidding. That was pretty assy. But, you've contributed a lot here, and you're more than entitled the occasional postal episode.

Your rant seems to be painting with a broad brush, tho, and confusing the two conversations happening in this thread. (Well, in truth, it was jrodrick4 who confused things, by posting his question as a response on this thread when he really should have started a new one of his own.

anglekindle's original post seems like a very honest, knowledge-seeking question. It may be basic, it may be naive, but it's hard to find places to ask these questions. He did so with no real agenda and (what sounds like) a willingness to listen to the answers, and proceed armed with knowledge & information. Better than how 80% of people approach 80% of what they do! [COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR]

Then, jrodrick4 jumped in with an only-superficially-connected question, which really has no bearing on this formerly-rational thread. A lot of your points do apply for him. It seems like he's a lot young and possibly being misled by at least one person who may not have his best interests at heart. It also seems clear that there's a language barrier, in interpreting his posts.

I don't think anglekindle deserves any flak, tho. (I mean, hell, in the end he even decided to go the safer route.)

-Pup

[COLOR="Red"]*[/COLOR] - My approach to statistics-making-up definitely runs afoul of the imaginary 80/80 rule, but I'm sure I'll still manage to sleep at night. Somehow.
  #11   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Way Too Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypup2train View Post

I don't think anglekindle deserves any flak, tho. (I mean, hell, in the end he even decided to go the safer route.)

-Pup
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
Thanks I appreciate it.

The reason I asked in the first place was because I was getting different answers from different people in real life. Biochemistry is NOT my forte I admit which is why I posted the question here. (Biochemistry isn't a requirement to use steroids anyways)

Don't make me feel like a dumbass drew. I wanted opinions before I went through the dose increase and as you see within the first posts I got different answers as well.

Thanks for sticking up for me nypup2train.
  #12   Add to Ender's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Muscle Nerd in Training

A main point in what Drew was trying to get across and I had voiced earlier in the thread...

Using steroids is not like drinking a protein shake or popping a couple of vitamins pills... It is very easy to severely and permanently damage your body if you misuse steroids! And if you are young the risks are much higher that you will have problems... Unless you aren't producing adequate levels of testosterone on your own a beginner shouldn't consider steroids. Your body can only make use of a certain level of anabolic/androgenic agents and to rise your levels beyond that point will not make you build mare muscle faster but is likely to cause your body to stop producing its own testosterone and there is a chance it may be permanent. If you haven't reached your maximum height addition androgens are likely to cause the growth plates in your long bones to fuse early and prevent you from reaching your full height.

And of course the possession and use of steroid without a prescription is illegal and as a resolute there is a high probability that any drugs you get on the black market may not be what they claim to be...

Ender
  #13   Add to anglekindle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Way Too Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Hi Angel,

I wasn't trying to make you feel like a dumbass. Sorry if it came off that way. But what I was trying to say is that you shouldn't be asking questions like this on here or other sites in the first place. You should be out there reading and researching and learning. Just like no one can do the exercises for you, no one can learn everything you need to learn for you too.

My comments were more targeted in general and not at you. Too many people want someone to tell them everything. That's just not the way it works. You have to take the initiative to learn for yourself. Asking questions is good, but you have to go out there and read and read and read even before the questions. Otherwise you'll either get bad advice or you'll not ask the right question and end up getting something other than what you really need to know.

Don't be afraid to ask questions but do your homework first and then double check anything you've been told.
I'm sorry about that post too. I mean I just woke up and read a post that kind of ticked me off. Sorry

No reason for this thread to stay active. Thanks everyone!
  #14   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:03 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
ok first all drugs are geared to weight and age not height. Anybody who tell you to take more because of your height is a fool. Second one should never tell a beginner to do site injections. They can do themselves more harm than good. you need to do your research on anabolics before you consider using. That means you need to research nutrition, workouts , and the anabolics themselves. you have to use trustes sources for your information and not every site that comes along. As for side affects well every drug has them from asprins to nightquil to pain meds etc. You just have to be smart and use the nessary precautions. For someone stating out its not wise to follow what some pro or top level competitor is useing the basics are fine. there is a lot of infor around on that but before you consider doing anything make sure you have used all other methods of gaining size and weight. that includes proper nutrition, workouts, rest. Aslo realize that your structure may only allow you to build a certain amount of size. very few guys who are your height are over 275. their are a few exceptions . if you need more help or want some references hollar at me
  #15   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
remember its best to get your hormone levels checked first before doing anything. you can be a teenager and still have hormonal issues. You can be a guy in his 30's and have them and not know it. So gettting hormonal levels checked is a must. You also may need to add into your nutrition plan things such as digestive enzymes, probiotics etc. this may help with asorbation issues in the digestive tract. if you need more infor let me know

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options