The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Greekboy14's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2009, 08:10 PM

Greekboy14 is on a distinguished road
My muscles have no life

[COLOR=white]I have this issue with muscle fullness. I?m 18 and I?ve trained since 7th gr, only a little then, and progressed from there. When I was in 10th grade, on the days after I worked out, my muscles would be so full and hard the next day, and the veins would be showing. Even days after the arm workout, my biceps and forearms had this veiny, natural fullness to them. As long as I worked out, I would obtain this muscle fullness state; it wasn?t constant though. But during my junior year, my muscles took a turn for the worse, always limp, no vascularity, no hardness, fullness. Whether it?s the day after a workout or a few days. The only time I had fullness was when I worked out. This has gone on for over 2 years. I think it?s a circulation issue, but why have I lost vascularity, fullness, hardness, and natural life to my muscles. I haven?t gained much muscle or fat since 10th grade, like from 135 to 147. I never have that fullness unless I?m working out, in which I get pretty good pumps. Right now, biceps and triceps are limp; veins haven?t pumped in my forearms since last workout. My muscles are constantly droopy yet I?m way more stronger than I was in 10th grade. People cant tell I workout; I don?t have that muscular full look; instead droopy and limp.[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
It seems you are probably done with teenage growth spurt and enter adulthood. Anyway, having the muscular look requires 3 parts; workout, nutrition and rest. Your training seems to be ok, or you might change your routine. Never let your muscles get used to the workout, and change the reps, sets and add variety into it.

How's the diet? If the meals are constantly filled with junk food or something similar, obviously the muscles aren't getting the fuel to grow. (Not to mention the amount of bodyfat gained, covering your visible gains) And lastly, rest. Sleep early, regularly, and get at least 8 hours of sleep. Best try to squeeze in about 1 1/2 hour nap during afternoon too. After all, they grow DURING that time.

Do post a few pics and don't lose hope.
  #3   Add to xythan_shadow's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Writer and Lifter

xythan_shadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xythan_shadow Send a message via Yahoo to xythan_shadow
Not only that, but if you do the same workout over and over again, your body adapts to it and you won't see nearly the results that you want. You have to keep your muscles confused to keep 'em growing.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options