The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Weird / Funny / Interesting
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Weird / Funny / Interesting Got something funny or interesting to share?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tribbles's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:25 PM

tribbles is on a distinguished road
The effects of smoking on health

The Smoking and lung cancer are numerous. It starts from the time, an individual smoke the first single cigarette. It?s found that the beginner smokers have more ill affects such as cough, wheezing, shortness of breath than the regular smokers. It?s because the sudden change of body to something new, the resistance power of body have a major role there.

The earlier the teenagers become smokers, the earlier the risk of dying prematurely from lung cancer, heart disease etc. The other aftereffects seen in the adult smokers include earlier mind disorder, reproductive capacity problems and so on.

If both the parents smoke, the child born to them will have the effect of nicotine which is equivalent to smoking 80 cigarettes a year. The passive smoking habit affects the health of their child very very badly.

The effect of smoking is too hard, and ca cause enoromous number of diseases. It?s only us who can decide out future, so think and rethink.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to thufirhawat's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:31 PM
(Lower) muscle lover

thufirhawat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to thufirhawat Send a message via AIM to thufirhawat Send a message via MSN to thufirhawat Send a message via Yahoo to thufirhawat Send a message via Skype™ to thufirhawat
Thanks for this health information !
I'm working in a non-profit association dealing with tuberculosis care, smoking prevention and cessation/help, and COPD. For any information, feel free to PM me.
  #3   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 23rd, 2010, 03:35 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbles View Post
The Smoking and lung cancer are numerous. It starts from the time, an individual smoke the first single cigarette. It?s found that the beginner smokers have more ill affects such as cough, wheezing, shortness of breath than the regular smokers. It?s because the sudden change of body to something new, the resistance power of body have a major role there.

The earlier the teenagers become smokers, the earlier the risk of dying prematurely from lung cancer, heart disease etc. The other aftereffects seen in the adult smokers include earlier mind disorder, reproductive capacity problems and so on.

If both the parents smoke, the child born to them will have the effect of nicotine which is equivalent to smoking 80 cigarettes a year. The passive smoking habit affects the health of their child very very badly.

The effect of smoking is too hard, and ca cause enoromous number of diseases. It?s only us who can decide out future, so think and rethink.
[COLOR="Wheat"]

It seems to me that the whole disgusting habit has in some ways gotten more and more unhealthy as time as progressed. I am a non smoker, but fir the first years of my life I may as well have been. Both of my biological parents were heavy smokers and before my 12th Birthday I had sucked down enough second hand smoke to constitute I think being a smoker in some ways. It was for this reason and my contempt for this that I never became a smoker. I remember trips made in the 1950's in the back seat of a 56 Pontiac Star Chief to the home of Grandparents that were about 2 hours away from where I was reared. The parents would roll up the windows, light up, and then there was a little kid in the back seat needing a gas mask!

Right now I am watching a 55-year-old Sister In Law in the process of dying from COPD. There have been numerous cases of pneumonia, she lives on a tube from an oxygen concentrator as she walks around her home, and in the past few years she has gone from being an active vital person to one often fighting to breathe. Within the next 5 years this will certainly take her life. She will never see her children graduate from College.

She was a heavy smoker. In spite of watching his wife struggle on a daily basis my Brother-in-law is still unable to quit and he has tried every cheat method known to mankind.

In addition, to make matters worse my other-half, and both of his brothers suffer from a genetic form of sleep apnea. Of the three brothers, my other-half is the only one living on a CPAP at night. The other two wheeze and gasp both smoke and one drinks heavily as well.

My other half gave up smoking but in essence fights every day because the psychological craving is still very strong for him. Tobacco addiction is in some individuals extremely debilitating and the rate of those going back to smoking is very high.

In addition to pulmonary disease tobacco use in other forms can lead to many other forms of cancer. Those loving chewing tobacco are at highest risk for cancer of the tongue and gums. Cigars are not as bad with regards to lung cancers, but do increase the odds of nasopharangioma which is just as devistating and is often less treatable than lung cancer discovered early because it is located in the sinus cavity and usually not detected until major problems already exist.

Though tobacco and other products placed into the same forms have existed for eons, personally I can't see how any weed rolled into a treated paper stuck in your mouth and lit on fire would as a general rule be beneficial.

[/COLOR]
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options