The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:25 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Impact of your muscles on your Partners

Have a question and wanted to get the thoughts from the forum. I have started to get concerned about the increase attention and number of comments because of getting big and more musclular. I have noticed that the bigger I have gotten, the more attention I am getting and the guys seem more aggressive. It has not caused us any issues or problems so far.

Just wondering how you and your partners deal with it
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 07:33 AM

mlbjock
Send a message via AIM to mlbjock Send a message via Yahoo to mlbjock
Concerned in what what bro?
  #3   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbjock View Post
Concerned in what what bro?
My concern is that it does not interfer or hurt our relationship. We have been talking about the attention and making sure he is not upset or anything else but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience and how they managed it within their relationshio
  #4   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM

mlbjock
Ah gotcha, I didn't quite follow what you're asking about. I guess it really depends on how sensitive your lifting bud is and what his goals are. Do you compete, however friendly, with your buds? If so maybe you can turn this in to a positive force by prodding them to lift a little harder to get similar gains?

My personal experience was one of more annoyance from a lifting bud once I passed him in the size/strength area. He decided that he didn't to compete anymore, but we're still best buds and have been for nearly 15 years in and out of the gym.
  #5   Add to mlbjock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM

mlbjock
Ummm and what's this "news" have to do with the topic? Or do we have another spammer?
  #6   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:39 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
ok...my partner and I are both big guys. I'm 6'5" and about 300# (I maintain a slightly off-season bodybuilder build) and he's a 6'4" 325# powerlifter. We both get a lot of attention...we're a walking wall and you can't miss us. I trust him and am proud he's with me when other guys pay attention to him because of his size and looks. He's a little less secure in that I'm more of a people-person than he is and, while he trusts me completely, he's still very territorial when it comes to me getting that kind of attention. Sometimes people are just impressed an want to let you know...say thanks and move on. Some things to let your partner know who he's with and has nothing to be concerned about when the comments aren't so innocent:

1) Talk about it...if you can't trust each other, you've got a bigger problem than muscles;
2) When someone comments not-so-innocently, thank them as you put your arm around his shoulder to let everyone know (the commentor and him) who you're with
3) Make sure they know they are crossing a line...if you don't, they'll take that as an invitation, right or wrong.
  #7   Add to jerseyflex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM

jerseyflex is on a distinguished road
to a large degree, it depends on the confidence level of your partner. i had a very insecure girlfriend who hated the attention i rec'd and really had issues with the attention from guys. then i had a jock girlfriend who was a gym rat - mega strong and fit and mega confident / cocky and she introduced me to group / multiple scenarios with fit / hard / muscular partners of both genders. (a lot of the larger bodybuilding shows and conventions are all out sex fests). like the others, i agree that communication is key and you have to discuss limits, define parameters, etc. i personally can not last in a relationship with the insecure type. just cant take it.
  #8   Add to Calgary's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM

Calgary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Calgary
I've always been the bigger of the two of us; my boyfriend has a lean, athletic build and I outweigh him by 45-pounds at the same height. I'm starting to focus more on size again and lets just say that's becoming obvious - he's really getting into it.
I know he's not at all into me competing, but that's more because of the time involved apart from him. He's pretty much stated he'd be into the "side effects" of the training though!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options