The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to hipy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:50 AM

hipy is on a distinguished road
Gallon of milk a day

Hi,

Gomad( gallon of milk a day). ( = 4liters )

Who tried it? I was interested in some stories of you guys tried this method to get 2500 calories per day from only the milk( add up another 2000 or so for the food ) to gain weight

How did it go? how long?

In other ways, let me hear!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
The super squats routine which is one of the best size building routines out there also emphasizes drinking a gallon of milk throughout the day along with a healthy diet. Its not that difficult when you drink a bit here and there, before you know it you drank an entire gallon.
  #3   Add to Syphon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Lolhi

Syphon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Syphon
I drink about 1.5L of milk a day... I would have to be drinking milk all day to get to 4L. That's like $5 a day in milk. o.0
  #4   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy View Post
Hi,

Gomad( gallon of milk a day). ( = 4liters )

Who tried it? I was interested in some stories of you guys tried this method to get 2500 calories per day from only the milk( add up another 2000 or so for the food ) to gain weight

How did it go? how long?

In other ways, let me hear!
[COLOR="Wheat"]
The concept is great but the problem with most milk in adults is our changing ability to deal with the lactose or milk sugars.

As has been pointed out a ton of milk in some people can cause a growing belly which is very difficult to get rid of. Fat distribution when you bulk needs to be as even as is possible for many reasons. The main idea here is to help slowly stretch the skin and then when you "cut" by diet you replace the fat padding with muscle and you don't get the marks.

Go by the percentage of body fat. Over 27% and you are making a great deal of extra work for yourself. On a competition stage many come in at well under 10%. This number is not healthy for the body however and maintaining healthy levels should be between 10%-12% depending on the individual.

Body fat converts to glycogen which is a part of the fuel you need to grow, but, what you need is a tank of fuel not a "tank car". Too much milk can add a great deal of fat into your diet that needs to at minimum be watched to see how you as an individual react to it, and, how you as an individual can eliminate at least the greatest percentage of it to head for the stage or the beach. [/COLOR]
  #5   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2010, 09:15 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
If you have problems with lactose intolerance (and if it's available to you), try Lactaid Fat-Free Milk. Honestly, it does NOT taste like white water as a lot of fat-free milk products do. I'm more in maintenance mode than growing mode and I kill 3 gallons a week without the bloating from fat or gas. They also have whole milk and 2% fat versions.
  #6   Add to monstermusclebe's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Markus

monstermusclebe is on a distinguished road
Gallon of Milk? Depends on the Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyKB View Post
[COLOR="Wheat"]
The concept is great but the problem with most milk in adults is our changing ability to deal with the lactose or milk sugars.
Too much milk can add a great deal of fat into your diet that needs to at minimum be watched to see how you as an individual react to it, and, how you as an individual can eliminate at least the greatest percentage of it to head for the stage or the beach. [/COLOR]
Though I agree that the amount of fat in a diet should be watched, I believe it is even more important to consider the nature of the fats, and the foods, you are injesting.

Our present bodybuilding culture ~ and the culture in general ~ puts an emphasis on low fat diets, and in some cases low carb diets. But generally almost no notice is given to how that food is produced.

We are the only creature on this planet that cooks its food. We are the only creature that processes its 'food' (ok, and the food of the animals we raise and care for). Have you ever noticed a fat Giraffe? Gazelle? Deer? Coyote? Rabbit? Wild bird? Neither have I.

The problem with milk, in my observations, is not in the milk sugars. Its in the fact that the enzymes that are IN MILK TO BEGIN WITH ~ and that are designed by nature to process these milk sugars efficiently ~ have been killed in 99% of the milk, and milk products, that are eaten by our culture today. The LACTASE enzyme is in raw, unpasteurized milk in abundance.

I drink at least a half gallon of full fat milk a day... even when I'm not exercising or working out! Yet I don't have any problem with a 'growing belly.' Why? I think it's because the only milk I drink is raw. Another word for 'raw' is 'living food.' It has living enzymes in it that work with the living cells of my body to process the nutrition in the milk efficiently. I further supplement this raw milk with plenty of raw vegetables ~ primarily spinach, kale and chard ~ generally by emulsifying these vegetables into a puree that I drink immediately. These vegetables contain a large portion of the vitamins and nutrients my body needs. Even better, these nutrients and vitamins are coming into my body from living, unprocessed, uncooked foods.

I'm not entirely 100% raw with my diet. The raw portion is more like 85%. I do like to have one cooked meal a day, generally for dinner. My meats are nearly always 100% grass-fed beef and/or wild caught fish, not animal proteins that have been fed grains that were never a part of their diet before we domesticated or began to farm-raise them. There is a growing amount of evidence that grass-fed and naturally raised animals (and fish) have far higher degrees of the 'healthy' fats in them, and I think that's just scratching the surface of the value that their original diets are to us humans when we then eat the flesh of those more naturally-raised animals, birds and fish.

My food is more expensive that buying the packaged, processed variety. But I also don't spend nearly anything on food supplements.

Raw milk is much harder to find that the pasteurized variety, especially in the 35 states where it is actually illegal to sell it commercially (the reasons for that are too complicated to describe here, and are primarily based in fear rather than in sound 21st century scientific evidence, but here is a link to an article on that subject). In those states, you have to get it directly from the dairy farmer. In states where it is legal, you can (well, at least in California) get it at many natural food stores (though not Whole Foods).

I am a huge believer in the gallon of milk a day diet for putting on mass. It totally worked for me. Yes, I did add some fat to my frame at the same time. But not nearly what some would have you believe... and I am certain that this was due to the fact that the milk I drank was raw.

One last point on this: I used to get sick about 2x per year. I am now in my 10th year of being illness free (i.e. no cold, flu or other illness caused by a pathogen). The first few years I have a different explanation for why I was not getting sick (a very happy time in my life). But for the last seven I'm certain it's because I've been drinking raw milk.
  #7   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermusclebe View Post
We are the only creature on this planet that cooks its food. We are the only creature that processes its 'food' (ok, and the food of the animals we raise and care for). Have you ever noticed a fat Giraffe? Gazelle? Deer? Coyote? Rabbit? Wild bird? Neither have I.
I'm not going to comment on the rest, but I had to respond to this bit.

The reason why you don't see fat animals has nothing to do with the quality of food or the amount of processing. The reason why you don't see fat animals is that they have to hunt for their food, avoid predators, etc.

This is why, for instance, you see fat rabbits in captivity. Generally, you feed rabbits rather healthy foods - lettuce, etc. Yet they can get quite overweight on it. It happens because the rabbits aren't active - they sit in their cage, not doing all that much.
  #8   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 07:16 PM

I just started doing the gallon of milk a day to my diet as of Sunday and its not that difficult if you drink a bit here and there throughout the day. About 10 of us at our gym have all started the gallon of milk a day program with the super squats full body workout routine.
  #9   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
A gallon of milk a day is one of the best "natural steroids" known. Just take in mind that close to half of your extra gains will be fat that you will be working off anyway. Take in mind that muscle and fat are made of the same thing - PROTIEN. The cellular differentiation will have to be brought on by using as much musclefibre as possible rather than storing the energy.
  #10   Add to getbigger11's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM

getbigger11 is on a distinguished road
you will definitely gain size from the gallon of milk a day however i suggest looking for some other sources for that perhaps getting some type of gainer or even just carbing out like not tomorrow. Milk will cause you to lose more strength and flexibility. If just getting bigger is all you want it will help but again you will be giving up some things to get it when you could of gone another route
  #11   Add to bugmenot2's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM

bugmenot2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
A gallon of milk a day is one of the best "natural steroids" known. Just take in mind that close to half of your extra gains will be fat that you will be working off anyway. Take in mind that muscle and fat are made of the same thing - PROTIEN. The cellular differentiation will have to be brought on by using as much musclefibre as possible rather than storing the energy.
Ummm.......no......fat is...well...FAT...not protein!?!
  #12   Add to matjtun's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM

matjtun is on a distinguished road
i cannot have milk but i do take in soy milk or rice milk as i am lactose intolerant

cheers
  #13   Add to FRNKPBDY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:12 AM

FRNKPBDY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FRNKPBDY
Iv'e done GOMAD and have been successful using low fat (2%) milk. When I'm using it, I try to reduce other fats in my diet so as not to have an over abundance of fat in my diet. I also up the cardio in my training. That seems to work for me.
  #14   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjtun View Post
i cannot have milk but i do take in soy milk or rice milk as i am lactose intolerant

cheers
Since you cannot drink milk then you should not even consider the GOMAD diet, soy milk is a poor substitute. Just like the writers who write that they [B]can't [B]do squats so what could they substitute--nothing a squat routine is about squats, a milk diet is about milk, sucking dick is not the same as eating pussy, a dog is not a substitute for a cat, a boxer cannot train by slapping people etc.
  #15   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
For me, it's just about 600ml of milk a day since it's quite hard to get decent milk around where I live and my nutrient absorption sucks. I often spread that 4 liters a week instead, off a week or 2, and continue 4 liters instead. Works fine for me.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options