The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to gymstud2002's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:24 PM

gymstud2002 is on a distinguished road
True Story: Does This Happen Often to Bodybuilders?

A couple of months ago I had to make a long cross-country drive. It was sunny and 80 and I am driving with the top down and my shirt off. I pull into an empty Midwest freeway rest area. At that point, I am the only one there. I get out and as I am doing some stretches and flexes, a guy in his 30s pulls into a spot near me. I remember passing him a while back. He parks near me, comes over and makes a comment about it being hot. I thought he was referring to the weather, until he said, "I mean that body."

Now, I am hardly big by bodybuilding standards. I am a tall (5'11 1/2) 170-180 pound middleweight. But with 18" arms, 48" chest and small joints and waist (31? off-season, 28? competition) people often think I am 200-210, especially since I stay pretty ripped all year. I admit to being a bit of a show-off (a bodybuilder can never have too many Under Armour shirts and tight tanks) and I am used to frequent comments. But here's where this got weird. I say "thanks" and then my phone rings. I keep stretching while I am talking and I notice this guy is watching me from maybe 10 yards away. I wrap up my call and do some push ups against the railing, some pull ups from a tree and a few more stretches.

He's now off at the edge of the grassy area watching me and it looks like he's enjoying himself more than he should in a public place. I'm kinda shocked. I hit the rest room and as I am washing up, he comes in, offers a few more compliments, thanks me for "the show" and asks if he can do anything for me. I tell him I'm glad he enjoyed ?the show? but that I need to hit the road. He asks if he could have a last look at my arms, so I accommodate with a double bi shot. He then makes a more graphic suggestion as a way to show his appreciation, and I am thinking this has got to be an undercover sting. I decline and head for the car. He stays in the rest room a bit longer, then comes back to the parking area.

As it's early afternoon and still sunny, I am putting sun tan oil on my pecs, shoulders and arms. He asks if he can put some on my back. Figuring there's no crime in that, and a little shoulder and back massage before six more hours of driving would feel good, I agree. He comments that my back and shoulders are so wide and muscular. I spontaneously flex my arms and lats and allow him to oil and massage them. "Not too bad, huh?" I ask. "F-ing incredible, like rock, absolutely beautiful," he says. He then moves down to oil and massage my lower back and glutes (and ego). I thank him for the massage and tell him it?s nice to know that all the work in the gym and dieting is appreciated. We get into our cars and leave.

So what was the deal? Just a dude into muscle? Set-up? I?m used to compliments, stares, guys taking pictures and an occasional request to squeeze a biceps or touch my abs, but this was a first.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to bobtimbob's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 5th, 2010, 09:47 PM

bobtimbob is on a distinguished road
Taking this post at face value:

Highway rest stops are rather notorious as sites for casual gay hook ups. If you were driving around with your shirt off, made eye contact with this guy, pulled into a rest stop, and then started stretching and flexing, you were sending out a hell of a lot of signals.
  #3   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:26 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymstud2002 View Post
A couple of months ago I had to make a long cross-country drive. It was sunny and 80 and I am driving with the top down and my shirt off. I pull into an empty Midwest freeway rest area. At that point, I am the only one there. I get out and as I am doing some stretches and flexes, a guy in his 30s pulls into a spot near me. I remember passing him a while back. He parks near me, comes over and makes a comment about it being hot. I thought he was referring to the weather, until he said, "I mean that body." I say "thanks" and then my phone rings. I keep stretching while I am talking and I notice this guy is watching me from maybe 10 yards away. I wrap up my call and do some push ups against the railing, some pull ups from a tree and a few more stretches.
That was the first mistake in this encounter. If you were concerned about his attitude, why did you then start doing some pullups?

Quote:
He's now off at the edge of the grassy area watching me and it looks like he's enjoying himself more than he should in a public place. I'm kinda shocked. I hit the rest room and as I am washing up, he comes in, offers a few more compliments, thanks me for "the show" and asks if he can do anything for me. I tell him I'm glad he enjoyed ?the show? but that I need to hit the road. He asks if he could have a last look at my arms, so I accommodate with a double bi shot. He then makes a more graphic suggestion as a way to show his appreciation, and I am thinking this has got to be an undercover sting. I decline and head for the car. He stays in the rest room a bit longer, then comes back to the parking area. As it's early afternoon and still sunny, I am putting sun tan oil on my pecs, shoulders and arms. He asks if he can put some on my back. Figuring there's no crime in that, and a little shoulder and back massage before six more hours of driving would feel good, I agree. He comments that my back and shoulders are so wide and muscular. I spontaneously flex my arms and lats and allow him to oil and massage them. "Not too bad, huh?" I ask. "F-ing incredible, like rock, absolutely beautiful," he says. He then moves down to oil and massage my lower back and glutes (and ego). I thank him for the massage and tell him it?s nice to know that all the work in the gym and dieting is appreciated. We get into our cars and leave.
From this moment on, he believes that you are a (and I really do not like to use the term) "openly gay bodybuilder" and that he could do whatever he wanted and you would not object. All it would have taken to stop things spiralling is just a simple "Thank you for your comments, however I am not interested in any encounter"
  #4   Add to digger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM

digger is on a distinguished road
Oh my god, that was YOU?!!

(just kidding)
  #5   Add to Mad Dog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Mad Dog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog Send a message via Yahoo to Mad Dog
Yeah, hearing that story makes me think the original poster is straight and clueless about giving off signs of interest to other men. Because that guy was definitely receiving some mixed signals. If you were so adamant to not get into "that" sort of thing with him, you should've just been polite but curt and done your stuff elsewhere. Not that you didn't have a right to have your space respected, but it was a public place and anyone (anyone) can see what you're doing and do whatever they want to you in their imagination afterwards.
  #6   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2010, 06:34 AM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
I'm not buying the story, myself (and I know these are generalizations but...):

1) A gay man (even a gay bodybuilder) that doesn't describe another man other than "in his 30's" lets himself get oiled, massaged and groped in a public parking lot by a perfect stranger and doesn't give the first hint of what the guy looked like other than his age? Come on. What gay man wouldn't notice and put something more than age in his story. If the groper was not attractive to the muscleman, is he really going to let this happen? Really?

2) A straight man gets propositioned in a rest stop in the middle of nowhere (for the first time) and has this milktoast reaction? Then, he's going to let the guy who's been leering at him and propositioning him, rub oil on his back out in the open parking lot where anyone can drive in at any minute...and his "GLUTES", TOO? Really? That is one straight man who is secure in his sexuality (with an oily car seat and some oily pants...unless he dropped trough, too.)

Could it have happened? Sure...I guess. Did it happen? I'd bet money it didn't.
  #7   Add to howardbeatman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM

howardbeatman is on a distinguished road
Sounds to me like a fantasy by a gay guy posting as straight.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options