The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.83 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to sl97aq's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:14 PM

sl97aq
Andrew chapter 39: Christmas at andrew's house

On Christmas Eve Day 2005, Andrew and Chad were at home wrapping their presents while Sarah and Susan were out finishing their Christmas Shopping.

"I thought it was guys who left their Christmas Shopping to the last minute Dad," Andrew said with a laugh.

"Sarah and the other Florida State hopefuls got lots of recruiting visits from US coaches over the last week just like you did Andrew," Chad reminded him. "But unlike you, who directed the recruiters to them, they had no one to pass the recruiters on to! So you got time to get your Christmas Shopping done between visits from the US coaches, even though you had two in each day!"

"Yeah Dad, some of the recruiters even caught up to me at Georgian Mall while I was out last week finishing my Christmas Shopping," Andrew informed Chad.

"That was my fault Andrew; I sent them there so that I could get your Christmas gifts into the house without you seeing them," Chad said with a smug grin.

"Pretty sneaky Dad!" Andrew commended him. "But that means that the recruiters were able to catch me alone, unlike in the summer when you were with me. That allowed them to pressure me into committing to visits on the way to and from Miami next week! I had no idea that college recruiters worked all through Christmas vacation as well!"

"It makes sense if you think about it Andrew," Chad said, looking up from the final present he was wrapping.

"Well obviously I haven't thought about it Dad, so why don't you make some sense of it for me?" Andrew asked him.

"I'd be glad to son," Chad said with a smug grin, pleased that he was still smarter than his son in some things. "Most of the recruiters visited you during Summer Vacation right?" Andrew nodded and Chad asked him, "Did you ever wonder why most of them only recruited you after your junior year, but before your senior year Andrew?"

"No, but I think I can guess now," Andrew replied. "They probably had their own games to focus on during football season and they didn't want to distract me from playing well in my games!" Chad nodded and Andrew added, "And the rest of the coaches probably visited me during Christmas Break because my senior season ended with a Provincial Championship!"

"That's right Andrew," Chad agreed. "So even though those coaches are busy getting their teams ready for the Bowl Games part of their season, they still took time out of their busy schedule to come up here and recruit you!"

"Yeah, all 11 of them!" Andrew shouted in excitement. "I've received more recruiting visits in the past week than I did over the two months of Summer Holidays!"

"That's true son, but that brings up another point I'd like to raise with you," Chad said. Andrew nodded to let his dad know that he was paying attention. "Why are you leading these schools on if you're committed to Miami?"

"Hey, they took the time out of their busy schedules to come up here and see me," Andrew protested. "The least I can do is return the favour!"

"That's not a good enough reason Andrew!" Chad snapped at him. "Coach Malcolm went to a lot of trouble arranging not just one, but two, recruiting visits for you. You're belittling his efforts to recruit you by entertaining offers from other schools and committing to visits with them!"

"You'd better stop right there Dad, before you step in something you can't get out of!" Andrew warned Chad, standing up and pointing a massive finger at him. "I have to pick a new third top choice now that Florida State is out of the picture!"

"I'm sorry Andrew; I didn't think of that," Chad apologized. "But I though you had already picked University of Florida as your third choice!"
"I did Dad, but then I realized that I couldn't pick my third school
without seeing it firsthand during a campus visit," Andrew realized.

"That's true Andrew," Chad agreed. "So how many visits did you commit to over the Christmas Holidays?"

"Only the ones that are on a direct line to Miami Dad," Andrew replied. "Clemson, U of Florida on the way down; Ole Miss and Michigan State on the way back. One day for each school should do, leaving me four days in Miami over New Years."

"That's true Andrew, because you visited the Mid-Western schools like Ohio State and the Western schools like USC in the summer," Chad realized.

"Yeah I did Dad," Andrew agreed, pulling out the list of 21 schools he had received scholarship letters and recruiting visits from. "Miami is the only school that actively recruited me during football season: that's why they're at the top of my list."

"Let me see that list for a moment son," Chad requested. Andrew handed it over and Chad looked at it for a minute. "I see that you colour-coded it son; would you mind explaining what each colour stands for?"

"Green is the schools that I actually visited this summer," Andrew replied. "Miami is one of them but since it's my top choice, it's yellow instead. Blue is the schools that recruited me in the summer but that I didn't get to. Orange is Florida State: it was originally green, but now it's off my list for obvious reasons. Pink is the schools that recruited me over the past week and that I committed to visit over the next six weeks. Purple are the schools that recruited me over the past week that I won't be able to visit before National Signing Day."

"You've organized that list really well son, but I guess you had to if you wanted to narrow down 21 choices into three top choices by National Signing Day," Chad realized. Andrew nodded in agreement and Chad added, "Have you told any of the schools that recruited you last week what Miami offered you?"

"No I didn't Dad," Andrew replied. "I got the feeling that if I told them about what Miami has already done for me, they'd promise me a lot more just to get me to go to their school instead. I wanted to find out what each school would really give me, so when they asked what other schools had offered me, I told them that it didn't matter. 'The only thing that matters is what you have to offer,' I said, giving each school the impression that they were the first to recruit me. Then once they told me, I knew that it wasn't just an inflated offer designed to lure me away from another school."

"That was very clever of you son; there's not many people your age who would know that," Chad commended him.

"Well Dad, I may have been naive about the recruiting process at the start of the summer but by the end I was a pro at the negotiations," Andrew informed him. "So it wasn't hard for me to remember how the game is played, pardon the pun, when more coaches came to see me last week."

"I'm glad that you're acting pretty modest about all the attention that is coming your way from big US football schools," Chad said.

"You're right Dad: I'm acting modest," Andrew informed him. "Inside, I'm feeling very confident and cocky about all the schools that want me! But after Carrie and I had a long talk two weeks ago, I realized that it's better for everyone around me if I don't show off like I did during football season."

"That's commendable son, but I think you've swung too far into the Shy Zone," Chad said. "You have to take some pride in your accomplishments and appreciate your gifts."

"Like my tricked-out car and my Ducati Racing Bike that you and Mom gave me for my birthday Dad?" Andrew asked him with a big grin.

"Yes Andrew," Chad replied. "I have noticed that you haven't used your bike that much; wasn't two weeks ago the first time since the weekend after your birthday?"

"Yeah it was Dad," Andrew replied. "But I will be taking my bike down to Miami, while my friends ride in my car and the parents ride in yours."

"Actually we'll need two cars besides yours, because while Carrie's parents are going up to Florida State, Ralph and Connor's parents are coming down to Miami with us," Chad corrected him. "The Stevensons are coming along as well."

"Yeah, I imagine that Matt's coming along to show the US Military at the Homestead Base the effects of the New-and-Improved Enhancement Serum," Andrew realized.

"That's true Andrew; I'm glad you remember what we talked about with him on the way home last weekend," Chad said. "However, he's not the one who's going to provide the blood sample for the soldiers; you are."

"Why is that Dad?" Andrew asked him.

"You've been healed by Margaret many times in the last few months, so your blood had more of her healing properties in it than anyone else's," Chad replied. "Also, since you were the first person to be enhanced, your blood has more of the enhanced hormones that are so essential for superhuman strength and invincibility."

"Good point Dad," Andrew said. "So who else is coming along?"

"Dr. Johnson is coming along to provide all the relevant medical information, while Marge and Margaret are coming along to see Miami for the first time," Chad replied. "I'm not sure if you remember, but we had an aborted trip to Florida with them a few years ago, but we never made it all the way."

"Yeah, the plane developed engine trouble and we had to bail out with the parachutes," Andrew remembered. "Luckily, there weren't many people aboard, since it was one of Mr. Anderson's Private Jets, so Margaret's flying car was big enough to take us all back home. And if I remember correctly, you and Mr. Anderson had a big fight about that over the phone and almost dissolved your business partnership. That could be the reason that Anthony suddenly got so resentful and jealous of me, because he was still mad that we didn't visit his house after that."

"You're probably right Andrew, but I'm glad that you've patched up your differences," Chad said with a relieved look on his face. "But to get back on topic for a moment, Martin is coming along to the Homestead Base provide a balanced and impartial psychological perspective on the Enhancement Procedure, just like he did at the Meaford Base last weekend."

"It sounds like you've got everything figured out Dad," Andrew commended him.

"Someone had to Andrew; you were busy with the college recruiters," Chad said.

"Yeah Dad, but I also convinced Coach Malcolm to save the open-ended ticket for March Break," Andrew said.

"It's not hard for someone as big and strong as you to convince someone to do something!" Chad laughed, trying to get Andrew out of his Shell of Shyness.

"Yeah Dad, but I decided to ask him to suggest a new time to use the tickets instead of ordering him to do so," Andrew informed his dad. "We'll have to pick the fourth person very carefully since three of the tickets are already spoken for."

"Yes they are: for you, Carrie and Mike," Chad agreed. "Why don't you ask Mike's dad if he'd like the fourth ticket?"

"Good idea Dad; he's only seen Miami once before," Andrew realized. "It takes several visits to appreciate all that Miami had to offer. It won't be Spring Break for Anthony and Mark, so Carrie and I will be left alone to model at the South Beach Modeling Agency. I'll also be working at Mr. Anderson's gym and Mr. Carlton's club and I'll try to get Mike a job at both places."

"That sounds good for Mike Andrew, but don't spend your entire March Break working!" Chad admonished him. "It's the last vacation you're likely to get next year until Christmas Break, because your summer will be full getting ready for Miami and putting in some Reserves time. You need to get some rest, because once the college football season starts, you'll have to bring your game up to a whole new level!"

"I think I've already done that Dad: by becoming a Provincial Champion!" Andrew reminded him with a cocky grin. "That's why I landed at the top of the recruit pile for all those coaches who took time out of their busy schedules to come and see me!"

"There are more coaches who are willing to do that than you realize," Chad said suddenly.

"Why do you say that Dad?" Andrew asked him.

"You got another letter yesterday from the University of Kentucky," Chad said, putting it on the table. "I'm sure that you can stop by Lexington to see the school sometime in January."

"These letters keep popping up!" Andrew complained. "If this keeps up, I'll never be able to make my third choice!"

"You think it's bad now?" Chad asked him in surprise. "Just wait until you're actually part of the Hurricanes son! The experience in very intense, draining and unforgettable!"

"Until I get there, I can only imagine what it will be like," Andrew said. "But considering the fact that I haven't heard from Mark in between my visits to Miami, I think you're absolutely right Dad. He's probably so consumed by his life as a Hurricane that he doesn't have time for any of us back home, not even his former trainer!"

"Yes that's probably true Andrew," Chad agreed. "Consumed is a very good word to describe how wrapped up in football the Hurricanes players become. They're not Student-Athletes; they're Athlete-Students, and they got their scholarship to play football. Everything else at school is secondary to that!"

"Yeah, that's what the Rock says in his book," Andrew agreed, holding up his five year-old copy. "You quoted him almost exactly and I have been reading up on his experiences in Miami, trying to prepare myself for life as a Hurricane."

"As, so that's why you've been handling the recruiters so well: you've been doing what The Rock Says!" Chad realized.

"Very funny Dad: making a pun from the book title like that," Andrew laughed. "But you're absolutely right: the perspective from a more recent Miami Hurricane was invaluable during my own recruiting process." He set the book down and asked Chad, "Do you think we can talk about something else for a while? I'm feeling very overwhelmed by all this attention."

"Very well Andrew; who's coming for Christmas Dinner tomorrow night?" Chad asked him.

"Ron, Cathy, Carrie, Martin, Mike, Matt and Mark," Andrew replied. "Come on Dad: you can do better than that! Ask me something hard!"

"Okay Andrew," Chad agreed, hoping to wipe the cocky smirk off his son's face, even though he was secretly pleased to see his son acting more confident again. "With you, me, Sarah, and your mom added into the numbers, we'll have 11 people for a 12 seat table. Who do you think should fill the 12th and final seat?"

"Well, Steve's not invited and Margaret's dating Robert McDonald," Andrew replied. "If she came, we wouldn't have enough space for her boyfriend."

"Maybe you should invite Phil Parker," Chad suggested.

"Good idea Dad; he and I are still on speaking terms," Andrew realized. "Unlike Steve and Darrel, he was not an active participant in the attempted theft of Mike from the Hurricanes! Phil's never been a bully, even when he was a lot bigger than me in Grade Four! He also told me that he and Darrel aren't getting along now, and that he was anxious for a way to get out of the house over Christmas. This holiday season does seem to exacerbate family squabbles, for those families that have them that is."

"Yes it does Andrew," Chad agreed. "Any idea what prompted this fight
between Phil and his twin brother Darrel?"

"Darrel started gloating about how he's part of a winning team and Phil got upset that he was bashing the team that some of their teammates are joining," Andrew replied.

"Speaking of other teams..." Chad began.

"Oh no!" Andrew groaned, realizing what was coming.

"Oh yes son!" Chad shouted in excitement, putting three more scholarship offer letters on the dining room table. "LSU, Georgia Tech, and Mississippi State."

"I guess I'm going to have to take some weekdays off in January to visit them," Andrew decided. "Unlike U of Kentucky, these three schools are somewhat close to Miami." He added the four school names to his scholarship offer paper and said, "That makes 25 schools in total that have recruited me Dad, and 15 of them did it after I became a Provincial Champion!"

"Yeah son, you're five times more popular among US coaches than I was 25 years ago," Chad said proudly. "Blue Chip is not enough to describe you; after your Provincial Championship win, you're more like a Golden Chip!"

"There's no such thing Dad!" Andrew teased him.

"There is now Andrew, and you're it!" Chad protested. "Your stock has exploded son; practically every big US football school wants you!"

Chad grinned at his son; his chest bursting with pride at how successful Andrew had become.

"Yeah, and it looks like my search for the final top three choice is going to be more complicated than I realized," Andrew said.

"Let's go online now, research these last four schools and simplify your choice a bit," Chad suggested.

So Andrew and Chad did that for the rest of the day, as well as looking at Google Maps and figuring out which schools lay along their planned course to Miami.

Meanwhile, at the Stevenson household, Martin and Mike were trying to adapt to having Matt and Mark home for the holidays. It was the first time all three of them had been together for an extended period since Mark had left for Miami almost ten months before.

"It seems like Mark thinks he's still in school, walking around half-naked all the time and Matt's following his example!" Martin complained to Mike, who was eating breakfast with him.

"Yeah Dad, but at least I've kept all my clothes on," Mike informed him.

Martin looked over and saw that Mike was right, though all his clothes looked painted-on.

"Do you really have to wear such skintight clothes Mike?" Martin asked him disapprovingly.

"Hey, it's not my fault Dad!" Mike protested. "I'm just finally having my puberty growth spurt and I'm outgrowing all my size Medium clothes! I'm going to have to buy some large ones soon!"

"Yes you are Mike, unless you like wearing clothes that will split apart with the slightest movement," Martin agreed.

"Hey, good idea Dad; that'll show off my massive muscles to everyone at school!" Mike agreed, flexing his bicep.

"How big are your biceps Mike and how much do you weigh now?" Martin asked him.

"They're 18 inches around and I weigh 190 pounds of rock-hard muscle Dad!" Mike shouted in excitement. He lifted up the bottom of his t-shirt with difficulty and added, "I even have a six pack now Dad!"

"Good for you Mike; I can see that just like Mark before you, you're totally dedicated to transforming yourself for football," Martin said approvingly.

"Yeah and I'm bigger than you are now Dad," Mike said, standing up from the table. "I stand at five foot ten, a full four inches taller than you and I outweigh you by 40 pounds of solid muscle." He flexed his biceps again and laughed arrogantly. "What do you think of that Dad?"

"I'm very happy for you Mike; I'm glad that my short genes weren't passed onto you," Martin said. "You do realize of course that the t-shirt you're wearing is the Hurricanes t-shirt that Coach Malcolm gave you in Miami."

"Good thing we'll be in Miami in a week so that I'll be able to replace it with a Large size Hurricanes t-shirt," Mike said with a cocky grin. "Though I bet that new shirt will be tight on me as well!" He laughed and flexed his biceps again. "Bam! I don't need tickets to the Gun Show Dad, because I'm the Main Event!"

"Very funny Mike; you really love your new muscles, don't you?" Martin asked him, chuckling at his son's cocky new attitude.

"Yeah Dad; I'm stoked!" Mike shouted in excitement. "I can't believe that all these new opportunities are flowing my way! Did you know that some of those recruiters who visited Andrew, Ralph and Connor came to see me?"
"I didn't know that Mike; it must have happened while I was away at work," Martin realized. "Were you alone with them?"

"No Dad, Matt was with me," Mike replied. "They tried to recruit him too until he told them he was in the Army. Then of course, they fell all over themselves with gratitude, thanking him for his service. It was quite embarrassing actually!"

"Speaking of Matt, where are he and Mark?" Martin asked him.

"Working out in the gym downstairs Dad," Mike replied. "I?m glad that you dragged their workout equipment out of storage for this holiday season."

"Yes Mike, it's great to have all three of my sons back home for the holidays," Martin said, smiling with pride. A tear ran down his cheek as he added, "I only wish your mother was here to see what fine young men you've all become."

"Don't worry Dad; we'll honour her memory by making the most of our lives," Mike assured him, laying a gentle hand on his dad's shoulder. He noticed Martin still looking sad and he wracked his brain trying to think of a way to cheer him up. "Hey, how about you come downstairs and see how much stronger Matt's become since he got enhanced one week ago? He's using Andrew's old 1000 pound barbells and weight plates now."

"Good idea son; let's do it," Martin said, following Mike downstairs. As they approached the Rec Room, they could hear Mark encouraging Matt, "Come on man, you can do it: 1500 pounds is nothing for your massive muscles!"

Martin's face became white with fear at the thought of Matt lifting that much and he missed hearing Mike say, "Only five times more than I can bench, but I'll get there."

Martin and Mike watched Matt bench 1500 pounds while Mark served as his spotter.

"Good job Big Brother," Mark congratulated Matt, slapping him on the back as he sat up. "I can't believe how strong you are!"

"Thanks Little Bro," Matt said, standing up and flexing his bare upper body. "I love being so strong and I can't wait until I'm as strong as Andrew!"

"You'll have some competition in that department Matt!" Mike informed him, stepping into his line of sight. "I plan to ask Andrew's doctor to enhance me if I cross 250 pounds before next fall! Then I'll be just as big and strong as he is!"

"Looks like you're well on your way Mike; pretty soon you'll leave Mark here in the dust!" Matt shouted, pointing at Mike's pumped biceps. "How big are those guns man?"

"Big enough to take you on!" Mike shouted, running at Matt with a flying tackle and knocking him down. "Yeah! Take that punk!"

"Wow Mike, when did you learn how to tackle?" Matt asked him, getting up slowly.

"Andrew taught me during football season Matt," Mike replied. "I'm a lot stronger now; it took me four tries to get him down in October."

"Yeah, but he was also ready for it," Matt informed him. He pointed to Mark and said, "I bet you can't lift Mark above your head Mike!"

"Heck, I can bench 300 pounds now, so lifting a 200 pound guy above my head will be easy!" Mike bragged, stepping up to Mark. He lifted him up with one hand and then got a good grip with both, lifting him above his head almost effortlessly. Then he started military-pressing Mark with only a bit of effort. "Yeah, how about that: big brother's going down Matt!"

"Actually, he's going up and down Mike," Matt corrected him with a laugh.

"Yeah, you're the one that went down Matt," Mike laughed. "But good job getting up so quickly; obviously you don't need to wear football pads anymore!"

"Yeah, my rock-hard muscles serve me as pads well enough," Matt agreed, flexing his massive 27 inch biceps. He looked at Mike holding Mark above his head effortlessly and asked him, "Are you going to hold your brother up there forever Mike?"

"Oops, I forgot that he was up there," Mike said, letting Mark down to the ground again.

"Good job Mike, now let's see how you take a punch," Mark decided, hitting Mike right in the face before he was ready.

Mike's head snapped around but he didn't stagger and he looked back at Mark within a few seconds with a big smile on his face.

"Didn't really feel that Mark; was that your best shot?" Mike asked him with a cocky smirk on his face.

"Yeah it was Mike; I figure you could take it and I was right," Mark said proudly. "I think it's Matt's turn now."

"I'd better not do the punching; I'd better serve as your punching bag," Matt warned them. "If I punched one of you, you'd be laid out for weeks!"

"I?m glad that you're well aware of your responsibility to control your superhuman strength Matt," Martin said, stepping forward.

"Hey dad; I didn't know you came down here with Mike!" Matt shouted, lifting his dad up off the ground with a big hug. "How are you today?"

"I'd be better if I could breathe!" Martin managed to gasp out.

"Oh sorry dad," Matt said, setting Martin down again. "I forget how strong I am sometimes."

"That's understandable considering that you're going to get much stronger with each passing day," Martin reminded him, rubbing his sore ribs. "But that's why I'm glad you?re here, so that I can help you with that. We might as well try the Handshake Test that Coach Everson invented: it's probably safer." He held out his right hand and Matt looked at it with a worried expression. "Don't worry son; just grip it gently," Martin ordered him. Matt shook his dad's hand carefully and Martin grinned at him. "See, I knew you could so it son! Now, if you and Mark are done down here, why don't you come upstairs for lunch?"

"Are you asking me or telling me Dad?" Matt asked him, looming over his father by more than a foot.

"I'm telling you Matt; as a soldier you should be used to following orders," Martin replied, trying to fight down a surge of fear when he saw how huge his oldest son was.

"Yeah, but as a Sergeant, I'm used to giving orders as well," Matt reminded his dad with a frown.

"Yes son, but I'm sure that you of all people know the importance of following the Chain of Command," Martin reminded him. "And in this house, I'm the boss, no matter how big and muscular you are! Is that clear?" When Matt looked at him skeptically, Martin stepped right up to him and practically shouted, "Is that clear?"

"Yeah Dad it is," Matt said automatically, somewhat surprised at Martin's intensity. "You're pretty intimidating when you're mad Dad; you should have been a Drill Instructor!"

"I wouldn't know about that son, but since you're all bigger than me, I had to figure out some way to maintain control of you guys," Martin said.

"Good job Dad," Matt commended him. ?So after all that working out, I guess I'm ready to go upstairs for lunch. Just let me take a shower and get changed down here."

"Good idea Matt and I'll do the same thing upstairs," Mark decided.

"So it's you and me making lunch Mike," Martin realized, heading upstairs with two of his three sons. "Do you think we have enough food in the fridge to feed three growing boys?"

"You mean three growing men, don't you Dad?" Mike asked him, flexing his biceps again.

"Yes I do Mike, thank you for correcting me," Martin said. He noticed Mike grinning at himself in the mirror and asked him, "You just love showing off your new muscles, don't you Mike?"

"Yeah Dad, and this is only the beginning!" Mike shouted in excitement. "Now that Matt's home for the holidays, I want him to show me his Army workouts so that I can show everyone at school the new and improved Mike!"

"Since you?re having a growth spurt, I'd be very interested to see the results," Martin said. "Maybe you can cross the 200 pound threshold over the holidays. Then you'll truly be a big guy!"

"Yeah Dad, and you'll be here for the next eight months to see it happen before your very eyes!" Mike assured him.

Martin nodded in agreement and thought about that as they made lunch. When Matt and Mark came downstairs, he was surprised to see that they had no shirts on.

"Uh, I think you guys forgot your t-shirts upstairs," Martin said hesitantly.

"Actually, we're hot after our workouts and our showers," Matt said. "I hope you don't mind if we?re shirtless Dad."

"Uh, I guess not," Martin said, resigning himself to his sons being shirtless over the holidays. ?Just put a shirt on before you leave the house or if we have guests.?

Matt and Mark nodded in agreement, relieved that their dad didn?t mind them being shirtless at home. They hoped to encourage Mike to take off his shirt and show off his muscles at home, but they weren?t sure how to do that. Then Matt had an idea.

?Hey Mike, your clothes are so skintight that they?re practically painted on!? he shouted in excitement. ?Flex those muscles Little Bro and rip that shirt apart!?

?Who you calling ?Little??? Mike asked him with a sneer, flexing his 18 inch bicep. ?Bam! 18 inches of solid muscle Matt! And my sleeve?s so skintight that it?s about to rip! I love it!?

?I bet the girls will too Mike,? Matt informed him, looking him up and down. ?They?ll love your skintight jeans too!?

?Yeah, I had to work out my legs so that I can run after the football on the field,? Mike said, flexing his quads until the seams on his jeans strained. ?All my clothes are skintight man, because I?ve packed on 40 pounds of muscle in the last three months!?

?I know you?re really impressed with your muscles Mike, but you?d better buy some larger clothes over the holidays,? Martin advised him. ?It?s fine if a skintight t-shirt rips in the gym, but if skintight jeans ripped in class it could be embarrassing for you.?

?Good point Dad,? Mike said. He looked down at his legs and noticed that the seams were strained all the way down his thighs. ?I guess I could get one size larger in jeans so that they?re skintight instead of painted-on.?

?Good thing skintight jeans are coming back into fashion for guys Mike, so you?ll have plenty of selection,? Matt informed him. ?We?ll take you shopping in Miami over New Years and pick out some new clothes for you. You still have to wear skintight clothes Mike, because that?s what muscular guys do to attract girls and you?ve never had a girlfriend before.?

Mike nodded and Martin asked Matt, ?That explains why you want Mike to wear skintight clothes Matt, but why are you wearing them??

?It?s hard for me to find loose clothes Dad because I?m so big and muscular,? Matt replied.

?That?s a good reason son; as I recall: you and Andrew had the same trouble with your Enhanced Soldier Uniforms last weekend,? Martin agreed. He turned to Mark and asked him, ?Since you?re just a little bigger than average Mark, why are you wearing skintight jeans??

?I?m just so excited about being big and strong that I can?t resist showing off all my muscles,? Mark replied with a big grin.

?Yes son, it?s great being a god isn?t it?? Martin asked Mark, grinning back at him.

?Why did you call me a god Dad?? Mark asked him, looking confused.

?Because as the Starting Quarterback on a college team, that?s what you are son,? Martin replied. ?And since you?re only a freshman that makes you more of a god than most football players!?

?Calm down Dad,? Mark urged him. ?Our season?s almost over and we?re not doing so well this year.?

?You are the Freshman Starting Quarterback on a Division 1-A college team,? Martin said slowly and clearly. ?Never forget that, no matter what the season?s record is.?

?I?m only the Starter because the true Starter got injured early in the season, and I may not be after this because of our record!? Mark reminded him.

?That may be true, but you became the new Starter in the first place because of your high school Quarterback skills!? Martin reminded him. ?You brought your team to the Provincial Championship last year and your skills on the college level have kept you as the Starting Quarterback for this entire season!?

?I guess you?re right Dad,? Mark said, appreciating his dad?s efforts to cheer him up. He looked over at his Hurricanes football jacket hanging by the front door and smiled. ?Thanks for cheering me up Dad.?

?You?re welcome son, and I?m glad you?re smiling again,? Martin said. He looked over at Matt and added, ?And we can?t forget that we have a military hero in our family, can we Matt??

?I?m not a hero Dad; I was just doing my job over there,? Matt mumbled, looking very embarrassed by his dad?s praise.

?You are a hero Matt, because you?ve come home safe from three deployments so far, and the last two were during this war,? Martin reminded him.

?Yeah Dad, but the true heroes are the ones who gave their lives so that we could come home safe to our families,? Matt said firmly.

Martin had nothing to say to that and he could only nod in agreement as they ate their lunch. Matt felt bad about ruining the mood and he tried to think of something to say that would break the tense silence that had suddenly descended on the room.

?Hey Matt, I?m very glad that you are home with us over Christmas Holidays for once,? Mike said. ?I missed you Big Brother.?

?Thanks Mike,? Matt said, patting him on the shoulder gently. ?Since we?re not deploying till next spring, it was the perfect opportunity for me to get enhanced and stay home to enjoy the full effects. Then I can go to Kandahar next spring as a Super Soldier!?

?You already are a Super Soldier Matt and a Super Son too,? Martin assured him. ?Your mom would be so proud to see what a fine man you?ve become.?

He started crying softly, still stricken by his wife?s loss after 13 years and Matt suddenly realized that his mom had been dead for half his life already.
?Hey Dad, don?t cry,? Matt urged Martin, hugging him gently. ?You?re not alone; you still have us you know.?

?Yes I know son, but since you?ve been off training, Mark?s been at Miami and Mike?s been training with Andrew, I?ve been all alone in this house for the past three months,? Martin reminded him. ?It?s only during the last week that I?ve had all three of you home with me and then you?ll all be off again in January! What am I going to do next year when you?re off at Miami with Andrew Mike? I?ll be all alone in this house!?

?I didn?t think about that Dad,? Mike realized, patting Martin on the shoulder. ?Do you think I should talk to Coach Malcolm about getting you a position on the team? They might need a Sports Psychologist there to help us new recruits deal with the pressure of a college football career! And since you?re already the Guidance Counselor for Andrew and Matt, it only makes sense for you to come down to Miami with me!?

?That?s an excellent idea Mike; I should discuss that with Coach Malcolm over New Years,? Martin said. He smiled at Mike and said, ?I see that even though your muscles are growing, your brain hasn?t shrunk!?

?Hey, you don?t think that just because we?re big and strong that we?re all dumb jocks, do you Dad?? Mike asked him, standing up from the table suddenly.

?No son, I didn?t mean that!? Martin assured him; suddenly terrified at how Mike loomed over him. ?In case you weren?t listening, I said that your brain hasn?t shrunk!?

?Oh yeah, you did say that,? Mike realized, scratching the back of his head and unconsciously flexing his bicep at the same time. ?Sorry about that Dad.?

?No problem Mike,? Martin assured him, motioning him to sit down and finish eating. Mike obeyed and Martin decided, ?We?d better wrap our Christmas Presents after lunch: in separate rooms of course.?

So that?s what they did once they had finished eating and washed their dishes.

Meanwhile, Andrew had received a frantic telephone call from Chief Collins while Chad was out picking up a last minute present that he had forgotten to buy earlier. Andrew arrived at the Peter Street station and walked into the reception area.

?I?m Andrew Pearson; Chief Collins asked to see me,? he said to the officer at the reception desk.

?Thanks for coming so quickly Andrew; follow me,? the officer said.

Andrew followed him to the cell area and found at least five cops struggling to restrain David, who had escaped from his handcuffs.

?What?s going on here Chief?? Andrew asked in confusion.

?Our enhanced guards are off for the holidays and David figured out that his father?s prints released the cuffs!? Collins shouted in fear. ?We can?t get David to the squad car to get him to Penetang and the cops can?t restrain him much longer!?

?Don?t worry Chief, I?ll take over from here,? Andrew assured him. He walked over to David and noticed his face turning white with fear. ?You don?t look well David; are you feeling ill?? David shook his head but Andrew grinned and said, ?I think you are. Maybe you should go to the hospital.? He walked right up to David and asked him, ?Do you want me to put you in the hospital??

?You won?t be able to Andrew; I?ve already tried to kill you twice and you won?t survive my third attempt,? David said, finally finding his voice.

?I don?t you can get the job done David,? Andrew said smugly. ?If you?d killed me, I?d be dead. When I kill something, it always dies,? he added, referring to cars and trucks that he had crushed in Rob?s junkyard.

?You?re just a man Andrew; I can kill you!? David roared in fury. ?And when I get out of here, I?m going to do just that!?

?You can?t even break the grip of five ordinary cops!? Andrew teased him. ?I can drag ten people behind me with no effort whatsoever! And don?t get mad at me for getting you arrested David; I was just doing my job as an upstanding citizen of this town.?

?Your job? Your job?! It?s not your job; it?s my job!? David roared in mindless fury.

?It?s your job to get yourself locked up David?? Andrew asked him. He laughed loudly and added, ?Well congratulations David, as least you managed to do that on the first try!?

?I?ll kill you Pearson!? David roared in fury, straining against the five cops who kept a firm grip on him. ?I?ll destroy you; I?ll rip you into little pieces and feed you to my dog for a snack! I'm not leaving here without taking you out once and for all!"

"Yes you are," Andrew said, knocking David out with one punch. He grinned at Chief Collins and said, "It's about time David shut up; he was beginning to annoy me: going on and on like a broken record!"

"Thanks for shutting him Andrew, but if he was annoying you, why did you let him babble for so long?" Chief Collins asked him.

"He amused me more than annoyed me, babbling incoherently in mindless fury like that," Andrew replied. "It was quite funny to listen to actually." He followed everyone out to the squad car as two of the cops carried David out of the police station. "Now, speaking of something that is not at all funny: is Mr. Harrington okay?"

"We're not sure Andrew; he was rushed to Soldiers Memorial Hospital and he hasn't regained consciousness yet," Collins replied.

"You know Chief, you'd better imprint those handcuffs with someone else's fingerprints or David could kill someone!" Andrew warned him. "Don't forget that I won't be here in eight months!"

"Good point Andrew; that's why we're going to have the Warden of the Super Jail imprint the cuffs with his fingerprints," Chief Collins said.

"Good, so I can get to the hospital and make sure Mr. Harrington's okay," Andrew decided.

"You can't do that Andrew; what if David wakes up on the way to Penetang?" Chief Collins asked him. "We need you to sit in the back seat with him; you're the only one who has the strength to keep him under control during the trip."

Andrew nodded in agreement and said, "I guess Mr. Harrington will be well taken care of in the hospital; I'll visit him when we get back."

"Then let's go Andrew, before David wakes up," Chief Collins said, getting into the squad car. "Get in Andrew, and then we can get going."

Andrew got into the back seat of the car and kept an eye on the unconscious David during the trip to the Penetang SuperJail. David was locked in his new cell by Enhanced Guards, and he was still unconscious.

"You must have given him a really hard punch Andrew!" Chief Collins praised him. "How strong are you by now?"

"Well, I can bench-press 10,000 pounds now, as I found out last night," Andrew replied with a smug grin. "But I have received three doses of the Enhancement Serum over the last three months, not just one. I was just at the lower weight limit, at the time, of 275 pounds, so I needed booster shots to make me stronger on schedule. I have no idea what the maximum strength of an enhanced human is, but I can't wait to find out!"

"Well don't worry Andrew, we're getting stronger as well, so we can test our great strength against David if he tries to escape," one of the guards said. "And it's all thanks to you Andrew, since you were the first human to be enhanced." He shook Andrew's hand and said, "My name's Gerald by the way."

"Pleased to meet you Gerald," Andrew said. "I hope you guys have a way to keep David inside the cell; it would be bad if he bent the bars and broke out."

"Margaret's formula was used to create the bars of this cell; the super dense metal should keep him from getting out," Gerald assured him.

"Ah, so that's why she took so long to make special weights for me; she had more important things to use the metal for: like cell bars and handcuffs," Andrew realized. Chief Collins nodded in satisfaction, and they watched the Jail Warden imprint several pairs of handcuffs. "Well, if everything's under control here, I'd better get back to the hospital to make sure Mr. Harrington's okay."

"What happened to Mr. Harrington?" Gerald asked him. He turned to Chief Collins and asked him, "You guys didn't have any trouble getting David here, did you?"

"Actually, David knocked his father out with one punch, after getting out of the enhanced handcuffs using his fingerprints," Chief Collins replied. "We had to call Andrew to come down to the police station and help us get David here."

"I'd be glad to pay David back for that if you want," Gerald offered, clenching his fists in fury. "Mr. Harrington gave me a job after my bodybuilding career ended and then helped me get this job. I'd be happy to punch David in the face again once he wakes up."

"You'd better not unless he swings at you first," Chief Collins advised him. "I wouldn't want you to get in trouble with the Jail Warden."

"I'm giving my guards more latitude when it comes to Enhanced Prisoners Chief," the Jail Warden said. "Do whatever you must to keep David under control Gerald; just don't hit him in the face."

"Yeah, I guess there's lots of other places on the body that won't show bruises," Gerald said, cracking his knuckles menacingly. "I look forward to it." He turned to Andrew and said, "When you speak to Mr. Harrington, pass on my thanks for giving me and my partners booster shots of the Enhancement Serum to make sure that we're stronger than David."

"I'll be glad to Gerald," Andrew said, shaking his hand goodbye. "Have fun taking care of David; I know I did."

Gerald waved goodbye as Andrew and Chief Collins exited the cell block. Once they got outside, they got back into the squad car and headed back to Orillia.

Once they got back to the police station, Chief Collins said, "Thanks for all your help today Andrew. Now that David's locked up in a cell guarded by Enhanced Guards, we shouldn't have any more trouble from him."

"I hope not Chief, because he's certainly been a thorn in my side for many years," Andrew said. "I'd better get to the hospital now and make sure that Mr. Harrington is okay."

"Good luck Andrew, and pass on my best wishes for a Merry Christmas to him," Chief Collins said. "Despite David's unexpected present, it should be a good one for Derrick now."

"I'll pass on your best wishes Chief," Andrew said. "Merry Christmas."
"Merry Christmas Andrew," Chief Collins said. "I hope you get everything you wanted."

"Well, I'm off to great start with that, seeing David locked in the Penetang Super Jail!" Andrew laughed as he got into his car. "See you later."

Chief Collin waved as Andrew drove out of the parking lot. Andrew drove straight to the hospital, his concern for Mr. Harrington making him very worried.

"Mr. Harrington's retirement isn't getting off to a good start," Andrew said to himself. "I hope he's okay, or I'll rip David's arms off myself to make sure he can't hurt anyone else!"

Andrew still had an angry expression on his face when he walked into the hospital and asked to see Mr. Harrington; that's why the receptionist hurried quickly away to get Dr. Johnson.

"Ah Andrew, you finally made it," Dr. Johnson said, coming up to the reception desk. "Mr. Harrington has been asking for you."

"So he's awake now Doctor?? Andrew asked him, as they walked down the hall to Mr. Harrington's private room.

"No Andrew; he was talking in his sleep," Dr. Johnson teased him. Andrew looked over at him and glared. "Sorry about that Andrew; you're right, it's not the time for jokes."

"You're right Doctor, though it was a joke how easily I took care of David today," Andrew said. "All it took was one punch!"

"Yes Chief Collins called me and told me about David's near escape," Dr. Johnson said. "Sam brought Mr. Harrington in here and he waited until Amber and Audrey arrived. They went home a few minutes ago, and Mr. Harrington is getting changed so that he can go home with you. He has to fill your dad in on what happened today."

"Sounds good Doctor," Andrew said, entering the room where Mr. Harrington was standing. "How are you feeling sir?"

"I feel okay Andrew, considering I was punched-out by a 300 pound guy," Mr. Harrington replied. "He only loosened a couple of teeth and Dr. Johnson stopped the bleeding once I was brought in here."

"Well, I'll take you home so you can tell my dad all about it and I can set his mind at ease by assuring him that David is now locked away," Andrew offered.

"Good idea Andrew, and on the way home you can tell me all about how you helped take David down today," Derrick said.

So Andrew did that and they had their chat with Chad before Sarah and Susan got home. Then Chad took Derrick home while Andrew went over to Phil's house to invite him over for Christmas Dinner the next day.

Once Andrew had extended the invitation to Phil, he went home for supper. Susan and Sarah had not returned from their shopping trip but Chad had returned home from his trip to Derrick's house.

"Glad you could make it home for lunch son; where were you?" Chad asked him.

"I was just doing the same thing you were: visiting an old friend," Andrew replied.

"And how is Phil doing?" Chad asked him. "Is he coming over for Christmas Dinner tomorrow night?"

"Yes he is Dad," Andrew replied. "Our 12 seat dining room table will be full tomorrow night."
Chad nodded in approval and they waited for Sarah and Susan to get home so that they could have supper as a family.

The next day was Christmas Day and the Pearson family was pleased to see that Santa had not forgotten about them. Andrew was surprised that he got lots of brand name clothes but he had to wait until the afternoon when they were alone to ask his dad about them.

?Thanks for a great Christmas morning Dad,? Andrew said as he and Chad ate lunch. ?I really loved my presents.?

?That?s good Andrew,? Chad said approvingly. He looked Andrew up and down and added, ?I think you should go upstairs and change into some of those new clothes you got for Christmas.?

?Which ones Dad?? Andrew asked him. ?I got all the top name brands you know: Abercrombie, Aeropostale, Hollister and American Eagle.?

?One of each should do,? Chad replied, noticing that Andrew looked uneasy. ?What?s wrong Andrew??

?You?ve deliberately kept us in a Middle Class lifestyle all our lives and this year you?ve suddenly gone overboard giving us Upper Class gifts,? Andrew replied.

?I?m sorry about that Andrew, but I?m just trying to help you fit in with the Upper Class crowd in South Beach,? Chad informed him. ?You do want to fit in with Anthony and his friends, don?t you??

?Yeah I do Dad, but Anthony never struck me as the type who only associates with other rich people, despite the fact that he drives a Mustang and a Mercedes.?

?Not the second one now, but I see your point Andrew,? Chad realized. ?I misspoke I think; what I meant to say is: you should embrace the Upper Class lifestyle now, because in a few years you?ll be earning an Upper Class income in the NFL.?

?Good point Dad,? Andrew agreed. ?But it just seems like so much: everything came this year all at once! I don?t know what to think!?

?Think as I do: this is the last year you?ll be here at home,? Chad advised him. ?I know I?ve kept you kids on a tight leash, financially speaking, so that you won?t get spoiled. But since you?re not spoiled, your mom and I have obviously raised you well. So we saw no need to keep you and Sarah on a tight budget anymore, especially since we?ve been earning six figures for almost a decade now! And since I?ve become the CEO, I have finally joined your mom in the Millionaires Club! I?ve waited 20 years to get back there!?

?Okay Dad, you?ve made your point,? Andrew said, raising his hands to keep Chad calm. He looked around the living room and realized that they were alone. ?You?ve certainly become my biggest fan since I won the Provincial Championship!?

?Speaking of that, go put on your Championship Jacket and come back here,? Chad ordered him suddenly.

?Why should I do that?? Andrew challenged his dad, crossing his arms with a smirk.

?You?ll find out when you come back here with your jacket on,? Chad replied, returning his son?s smirk with one of his own.

?Fair enough,? Andrew agreed. He walked out of the living room, turned left and opened the front hall closet. He put on his jacket, put it on and then returned to the living room. ?Okay, I?ve got my Championship Jacket on Dad; what happens now??

?Pose for the picture beside your trophy,? Chad replied, pulling out his digital camera.

Andrew sighed and grinned for the pictures his dad took of him.

?Are you happy now Dad?? Andrew asked him, as they reviewed the pictures. ?Can we get ready for dinner now??

?The turkey?s already in the oven Andrew; I?ll help your mom and Sarah make dinner when they get home,? Chad assured him. ?Why don?t you go over to Carrie?s house and spend a few hours with her??

?Because Steve will be there,? Andrew replied with an angry frown.

?No he won?t Andrew; he?ll be spending Christmas Dinner with Darrel and his parents,? Chad informed him. ?When I visited Ron yesterday, Steve had just left a few hours before and Ron told me everything that happened. While Darrel?s parents don?t seem to mind Steve no longer being friends with you or him breaking up with Sue, Ron let his son have it because of all that. He had also learned from Martin how Mike and Darrel tried to steal Mike from the Hurricanes. Sue learned everything from Mike and since Steve virtually ignored her during their Thanksgiving visit to Florida State, their relationship was hanging by a thread anyway. Since Mike is a good friend of Sue?s, she broke up with Steve after the Championship Weekend, especially since she realized he?s never going to propose to her like you did to Carrie. Speaking of Carrie, now that she?s your fianc?e, Ron looks on you as another son, a better son actually than the one he already has.?

?Like Mr. Harrington does,? Andrew realized, remembering David?s attempts to kill him three weeks before.

?That?s correct Andrew; you?re not a bully like Steve was and you don?t brag about being a Provincial Champion like he does,? Chad reminded him.

?No I don?t Dad,? Andrew agreed. ?But if Steve is at Darrel?s house, what if he and Darrel try to turn Phil against me??

?I don?t think that?s going to happen Andrew; Phil?s never been a bully has he?? Chad asked him. Andrew shook his head and Chad added, ?Besides, Phil called me to ask if he could come over here for dinner before you invited him. He told me that he and his brother had a big fight about you earlier this week. Not only are Phil and Sue shutting Steve out of their lives, but they are also giving serious consideration to changing their allegiance to Miami from Florida State.?

?Do you think we should invite them along with us to Miami for New Years so that they can see the Miami campus for themselves?? Andrew asked him.

?Good idea Andrew,? Chad agreed, looking at his watch. ?Now, it?s about time you get going to Carrie?s house.?

?Okay Dad, see you later,? Andrew said, putting on his boots.

He stepped outside and began the short walk to Carrie?s house. As his boots crunched on the hard snow, he realized that he and Carrie were the only two left out of a quartet of friends that had started high school together.

?Good thing I made four new friends, as well as more during the trips to Miami,? Andrew mused to himself.

He soon reached Carrie?s house and was pleased to see that Steve?s car wasn?t in the driveway. He knocked on the front door and Ron Peterson opened it.

?Carrie?s in her room Andrew; go right up,? Ron said abruptly.

?Thank you Ron,? Andrew said, guessing that Ron?s abrupt attitude was due to the fight with Steve.

I hope Ron doesn?t blame me for his fight with Steve, Andrew thought to himself as he went up the front stairs to the second floor. Though if it wasn?t for me revealing Steve?s plan to steal Mike from the Hurricanes, Steve and I would still be friends and he would still be getting along with Ron and Sue. Speaking of Mike, I guess that I won?t have to pick him up, since he?ll probably come to our house with his brothers and his dad.

Andrew was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he wandered into Steve?s room instead of Carrie?s. He looked up and noticed the huge trophy case in front of him.

?So instead of having his awards in the living room where his parents, who helped him succeed, can appreciate them, he has them in his room,? Andrew whispered to himself. He looked over the walls, which were plastered with pictures of Steve in his hockey and football uniforms over the years. ?His teammates aren?t in any of these pictures; I guess Steve really is an arrogant jock after all!?

?Yes he is Andrew; that?s why I?m glad he won?t be with us for Christmas Dinner,? Carrie said from behind him.

Surprised by the sound of her voice, Andrew spun around quickly and enveloped her in a big hug.

?Merry Christmas Carrie,? Andrew said softly. ?How are you??

?I?m fine, even though I?m dangling a foot above the ground!? Carrie chuckled.

Andrew grinned at her and carried her effortlessly to her room, kicking the door shut behind them. Then he lay her gently down on her bed and lay down beside her.

?Is this better Carrie?? he asked her with a gentle smile.

?Yes it is Andrew,? Carrie replied, catching his hand as he tried to undo her blouse. ?Not right now Andrew; my dad?s downstairs and he?s in a really bad mood today after his fight with Steve this morning!?

?Good point Carrie,? Andrew agreed, rubbing his massive hand gently along the side of her soft face. ?Do you want to stay over tonight? It?s the start of a new week you know!?

?Actually I didn?t know that Andrew, but thanks for reminding me!? Carrie shouted in excitement. ?Do you want to help me pack my bag??

?Sure Carrie and then we?ll have to come up with something else to do until suppertime,? Andrew agreed.

Carrie chuckled at his choice of words and Andrew grinned at her, pleased that he could make her laugh.

A few hours later, Andrew walked home with Carrie, Ron and Cathy for Christmas Dinner. As they approached his house, he was pleased to see Martin?s car in the driveway beside Phil?s car.

?It looks like all our dinner guests have arrived; follow me everyone,? Andrew said. He led the way to the front door and then opened it. He held the door open as everyone stepped into the front foyer. ?Everyone leave your boots on the welcome mat and hang your coats in the closet,? Andrew ordered his three companions. The Petersons followed his orders and then Andrew led them into the kitchen where his mom and Sarah were putting the finishing touches on Christmas Dinner. ?Hi Mom: I brought the final three dinner guests with me.?

?That?s good Andrew; now our 12 seat table will be complete,? Susan said. ?Supper won?t be ready for another few minutes, so why don?t you take the Petersons into the living room. Everyone else is there having a few appetizers.?

Andrew led the three guests into the living room across the hall from the kitchen, where he formally introduced Carrie?s parents to the Stevensons. Then he took the time to talk to Mark and Mike, while Ron and Cathy chatted with Martin and Matt. Carrie took the time to congratulate Phil on making a good choice to switch to Miami, while Chad went into the kitchen to give Susan and Sarah a hand. Phil agreed to come to Miami with the Pearsons, Petersons and Stevensons, because he wanted to confirm that the U would be a good school for him to go to college.

Once dinner was ready, everyone moved into the dining room, which was down the hall and behind the kitchen. Everyone said the blessing and began eating. As they ate, they made the final car arrangements for the trip down to Miami in two days time.

As Ron looked over the table from his seat beside Chad, he realized that this was the last Christmas that they would all be together. He was upset that Steve wasn?t there, but then he realized that his future son-in-law Andrew was a better man than his own son. Ron also realized that Andrew had an uncanny ability to reveal the true nature of people for everyone to see.

Over the last six weeks, Andrew has single-handedly revealed the true nature of three people: Steve, Darrel and David, Ron realized. It?s no wonder he?s so shy about winning the Provincial Championship when it cost him two friends! Ron looked over at Carrie beside him and smiled. At least one good thing came out of all this: Andrew and Carrie are getting married!

That thought brought a bigger smile to Ron?s face and also gave him an idea. So he tapped his wine glass with his spoon and rose slowly to his feet.

?If I could have everyone?s attention please,? Ron said. Everyone stopped eating and turned to look at him as he gathered his thoughts. ?I think everyone at this table will agree that we?ve been through a lot over the past month: from the Provincial Championship victory to the defeat of Alexander Gerard; from the fall of David Harrington to Chad?s rise to CEO of Harrington?s Sports Suppliers. But despite all the ups and downs of the past few weeks, one thing has remained constant: Andrew and Carrie?s love for each other. I am pleased to announce, for those who don?t already know, that Andrew has proposed to Carrie and she has accepted!?

Cheers and applause erupted from around the table, causing Andrew and Carrie?s faces to flush with embarrassment. Chad grinned at his son and future daughter-in-law and stood up from the head of the table.

He raised his wine glass and said, ?If you?d all join me in a toast to the happy couple: Andrew and Carrie.?

?To Andrew and Carrie,? everyone said in unison, raising their glasses in response to Chad?s toast.

Everyone had a sip of wine and then they continued eating, while making plans for the wedding of Andrew Pearson and Carrie Peterson.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options