The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Dreamforge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Dreamforge is on a distinguished road
Quick question on Abs and Mass

I'm planning on taking supplements, namely "Shock Therapy" and "Amino 2700". Will supplementation impede or aid my neurotic desire for abs? Should I take fat burners?

I'm currently 148 with a 21% Body Fat at 5'9".
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Aielyn's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:17 PM

Aielyn is on a distinguished road
You're best off avoiding any supplements or drugs of any sort.

Don't look for quick fixes. Don't look for the fastest way to achieve your goal. Look for the best way to do it.

You want abs? Increase your cardio, build some muscle, improve your diet. When you're starting to get close (say, 15% or so), put extra emphasis on building your abs, so that they show through more easily.

The most important step is figuring out what has kept you your goal in the first place - is it lack of exercise? Is it a problem with your diet? Is it your metabolism? For lack of exercise, you need more cardio as your focus. For dietary issues, obviously diet is key. For metabolism, muscle building is best.
  #3   Add to Dreamforge's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:31 AM

Dreamforge is on a distinguished road
I was afraid of that...
  #4   Add to FuzzyKB's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:53 AM

FuzzyKB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamforge View Post
I was afraid of that...
[COLOR="Wheat"]
Some people believe in supplements and others do not. The truth is that what works for one person will not necessarily work for another.

I am trying to gain some understanding on exactly what you are trying to accomplish as an end goal.

If your end goal is to take yourself to a 180+ pound weight with really good muscle mass then the concept of doing any kind of fat burner is beyond wrong.

If the idea is 130 pounds and a build like a runner then it would take a different approach.

There are many theories on bodybuilding. Some guys seem to think that the old system of bulk then cut is worthless. The truth however is that to lift heavy which is needed for muscle mass and strength, you need to have a "reasonable" percent of bodyfat. You need the fat to convert to glycogen to supply the fuel to lift the weight and so on and so forth. The normal storage place on males with a decent testosterone level for fat is the belly.

Fat burners per se are a product I do not really like. They are most effective on people who have far more blubber on them than you do.

As the fat percentage comes down so does the effectiveness of these kinds of supplements.

A bodyfat percentage of 21% at 5'9" and 148 can mean many different things. If you are working out and doing mass building you can safely go as high as about 27% and still be able to work it off relatively easily. Some pro's in the off season go far higher than that.

Russian bodybuilding's rising star, Alexey Lesukov, competes currently in the area of about 195. In the off season, his weight is said to vary between 225 and 250 pounds. He is only 5'5" tall.

If the idea is the ultra lean look, then you need to do lots of cardio and a great deal of "road work". If that is not the idea, take advantage of the bodyfat, and start burning it as glycogen to build the mass, THEN start cutting to get the muscular look. Make certain also that your diet is right on, or, the hard work you do in cardio will not take the fat off as you desire. A different diet is required for mass building, and you'll have to periodically tolerate the higher bodyfat levels to build the mass. It just goes with the territory.

Good Luck. [/COLOR]
  #5   Add to Benedict's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 18th, 2011, 02:58 AM

Benedict is on a distinguished road
Hi guys...
I have deep information and understanding of food supplements... As you mentioned Shock Therapy" and Amino 2700 both are good for you.. so you should not use fat burner during the consumption of Therapy" and Amino 2700..
  #6   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
If you wish to burn the fat off without the need of suppliments, cause like a few been saying "some work and some won't" this is true for everyone. Just cause one person got results from a certain sup, doen't mean that you will.

Best approach is to do cardio, no more than 20 minute but no less than 10. Try to find a way to keep track of your heart rate and make sure that you DO NOT go beyond 55-65% of your max heart rate (220 - age) Can't imagine how many people that do cardio to lose fat are doing it wrong. once you go past that point you are no longer using fatty acids, the primary source of fuel in the body, you are instead using carbohydrate. Since muscle contains more water than fat, you can kiss muscle mass goodbye if you overdo it.

Belly fat is the first to gain and the last to lose, hell i'm still losing it even after two years of constant training. It's gonna take time and effort, but you can do it.

21% body fat.... you kidding me you shouldn't be worried then

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options