The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.07 average. Display Modes
  #41   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Muscle Czar

Corwin has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Corwin Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
No - I don't have the energy or desire to go through everything you've written and you and Markus have so intelligently argued over the last few days and highlight the parts where I think you've said that.

Instead I will simply state --- THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS FROM WHERE I SIT
You don't want to read everything, jump to conclusions based upon incomplete information, then you want to pass judgements and call people names based upon your incomplete reading. And you think I am being immature?

Please, feel free to revel in your ignorance, but don't think I have anything to do with it.

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:16 PM
On route to freakdom

Marco_ukmus is on a distinguished road
I have just come across a very intersting thread in the depths of this site. It has herto muscle growth, and its really truned me on! (not that you wanted to know that, but still...)

Anyway, if anyone wants to follow it, (its like a story almost, well a collection of ideas, very erotic though) , its here http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/sh...6&page=2&pp=25

Note though, and heres the relevent part, that at post #37, this problem of hetro content is risen again, well actually before. Notice how the argument was resovled VERY quickly. I think the thread rocks!

This post is for reference purposes ONLY.

Thanks,

Marc

.:: Website:www.marcomus.com | Email: [email protected] ::.
.:: Pics & Movie clip Media | BB Progress Thread ::.

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 28th, 2005 at 03:20 PM.
  #43   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
From the"King of Compromise"...

...I think the classification system is workable;even in a low-tech way.How about if all the straight guys start out their fantasy posts with something subtle but effective like:"WARNING!!!VAGINA CROSSING!"....It could work!
  #44   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
...I think the classification system is workable;even in a low-tech way.How about if all the straight guys start out their fantasy posts with something subtle but effective like:"WARNING!!!VAGINA CROSSING!"....It could work!
Dude, Vagina Dentata is so 1980s.... Hey, maybe there's a story in there! Think about it! Lorena Bobbit inhales gas that makes her husband grow into a super muscular dude but when she does it, it causes teeth to grow in her nether regions and she bites his ... well, I don't want to give the climax away...

"Stand firm for what you believe in until or unless logic or experience prove you wrong. Remember, when the emperor looks naked the emperor is naked. The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing. And there's no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza." Daria
  #45   Add to Radiokida's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:25 AM

Radiokida has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Radiokida
Well, would you like it if while a gay man is having sex with his husband, he grows humongous muscles with every thrust but then his husband's butt suddenly develops teeth that rips off his tool? Sounds like another story is brewing.

Just wanted to rebutt your hetero story in a friendly manner. Hope nobody gets offended with this post. Although, if you do, then I can claim that I was offended with yours (even though I wasn't).
  #46   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:58 AM

BB-61 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to BB-61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco_ukmus
Yeah bb61, Now a search facility would be fantastic. The ability not only to search by say author and keywords in the title, but also by genre, say muscle growth prehaps sub-definied into various catagories, (say jock, bb, massive, gigantic). Then have a set of options to select what sexual orientation you want to have (gay, straight, or mixed -bi). Damn it, I'd even give some free time as a software engineer to help add these features into the ASP stroy site. I'm assuming its just a standard asp front end with a backend database... Well Flexodus some of my times up for grabs if you want it... Obviously we could not expect you to implement it single handedly given that you pay for this site.

Marc

ASP!!!! YUCK... PHP all the way!
Now we can switch the debate to closed source vs. open source technologies. hehehe

Anyway, since I know that I wouldn't be working on it, it doesn't really matter to me what's chosen for the task.

However, there are some difficult challenges , first... what are the codes and what do they mean? second, who's going to read through the archive and classify each of the stories.... that's a huge task in itself.

Actually, you migth want to talk to the owner of overflowingbra.com and see if you can borrow his code, but you'd have to come up with a table of codes appropriate for this site.

In the BE community we have codes for how big the breasts grow, such as big, huge, and WOW.

I would think we'd want to adapt codes for how big the man grows like big, massive, monster , etc.

Anyway, that would be a long thread and take some time to collect the list of codes.... didn't someone attempt that before? I seem to remember advocating STR8, BI, GAY.
  #47   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
* raises his little ASP.Net flag and waves it *
  #48   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:25 AM
On route to freakdom

Unfortunately, looking at the page references, it would be ASP not ASPX thus ...

* goes up into the loft, blows the dust off the small ASP flag and waves it *

* Suddenly, as the flag is waved, a magical and mysterious reaction starts in its holder, and all those whom wave their flag in unison *

*ripppppp, stretch... creakkkkk * ...

#49   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 11:26 AM

Hehe! Well like I said, since I'm not coding it, you use what you like.

However, if you were to borrow code from overflowingbra.com, you'd either convert it or learn PHP, because that's what he's got.

Some of the codes on http://overflowingbra.com/storycodes.htm may be useful, but many are not ... like lac - lactation I can't see that having a place here.
But things like slow , fast, instant describing the speed of growth should apply.

and MPG - Male Penis Growth, which I find funny, because I have year to read of a "female penis" - uh don't get me started on she-males!

but MMG - Male Muscle Growth, FMG - Female Muscle Growth makes sense.
I do advocate that all stories should qualify for the MMG tag to be posted on this site. and if they do not contain MMG they have no business here.
  #50   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-61
Hehe! Well like I said, since I'm not coding it, you use what you like.

However, if you were to borrow code from overflowingbra.com, you'd either convert it or learn PHP, because that's what he's got.
Ah yes, PHP, a Perl derivative. I am very familiar with it. Well, I would only assume that we'd stick with asp since, otherwise we'd have to rewite parts of the code that do the story board already - which would not make any sense if one follows the KISS approach (Keep It Simple, I can never remember what the last letter stands for.... Sssss).

Thanks for your links and suggestions, but we ought not to get too far ahead of ourselves. At the end of the day, its Flexodus's site, so we'll just have to see what (if anything) he wishes to do.

#51   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:33 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
please take the following with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethernet_jock
* raises his little ASP.Net flag and waves it *
<SARCASM>
I thought proprietary formats went out with the 80's. Oh well, I guess there are a lot of people wanting to change this site from 'men with muscles' to 'women with leg-warmers'...
</SARCASM>

Last edited by brent; March 29th, 2005 at 01:35 PM. Reason: used "their" instead of "there", just in case LG is still lurking...
  #52   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, PHP, a Perl derivative. I am very familiar with it. Well, I would only assume that we'd stick with asp since, otherwise we'd have to rewite parts of the code that do the story board already - which would not make any sense if one follows the KISS approach (Keep It Simple, I can never remember what the last letter stands for.... Sssss).

Thanks for your links and suggestions, but we ought not to get too far ahead of ourselves. At the end of the day, its Flexodus's site, so we'll just have to see what (if anything) he wishes to do.
What was the old adage they used in the Digital Equipment Corporation? "He who proposes - disposes"

So in that vein, I guess I'll shut up

Oh, and while PHP did in fact derive from Perl in the early days, it has really grown into something quite foriegn to Perl. uh, I think PHP still uses the "." to concatinate strings, which is a Perlism, but I think that's all that survives.
  #53   Add to Radiokida's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:04 AM

Let me put down my opinion, if you allow.

I think female muscles and female muscle growth has no place whatsoever here. And, before you start posting "but you're gay/bi!", I am straight.

I think that it is entirely possible to post a heterosexual story where the guy grows humongous muscles and the woman doesn't. Why does she have to grow muscles too? It doesn't make sense to me.

If you want to look at female muscle stories, or pictures of female muscles, there are LOTS of sites elsewhere. Go search for them and find them. And no, not ALL of them feature female domination over the male, if that puts you off.

In my opinion, we should stick to male muscle growth. You can be as heterosexual as you like and limit yourself only to male muscle.

That's my opinion.
  #54   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiokida

I think female muscles and female muscle growth has no place whatsoever here. And, before you start posting "but you're gay/bi!", I am straight.

I think that it is entirely possible to post a heterosexual story where the guy grows humongous muscles and the woman doesn't. Why does she have to grow muscles too? It doesn't make sense to me.

If you want to look at female muscle stories, or pictures of female muscles, there are LOTS of sites elsewhere. Go search for them and find them. And no, not ALL of them feature female domination over the male, if that puts you off.

In my opinion, we should stick to male muscle growth. You can be as heterosexual as you like and limit yourself only to male muscle.

That's my opinion.
They don't like that opinion. I've tried since I've said exactly the same thing. They simply refuse to get it.

#55   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 08:02 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
They don't like that opinion. I've tried since I've said exactly the same thing. They simply refuse to get it.
This "They" you are talking about, must be a very very very small minority of the people here. As RadioKida, Ether, and, well basically everyone that i can think of, knows that I and they (those mentioned previously + those that have been involved in this debate) share exactly the same viewpoint Radiokida has kindly outlined above... Might i suggest before using such a generlised word such as "they" in the context of a negative remark, which, given the circumstances will only aggravate things, that you infact now start highlighting exactly whom these people are. I'm sure you will discover through doing so that, like i say, its a VERY small minority.

Marc

Last edited by Marco_ukmus; March 30th, 2005 at 08:04 AM.
  #56   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:09 AM
On route to freakdom

Story Title Search is HERE!

Hi guys, ok i was looking through the stories and the way in which the story archieve part of the site works and it dawned on me that we can actually search based on a stories title, or terms contained within, already, just by adapting the concatonated address requests in the address bar. Actually, i was just looking for a cool story, its weird how technical solusions just pop out sometimes...

So anyway, I have made a very simple HTML form which will allow you to do this. So please download and unzip the HTML page attached and follow the instructions. I would have added it directly into here, only HTML is switched off.

Hope you like it.

Marc

#57   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 04:30 AM

Quote:

That's my opinion.
Well of course we allow your opinion! Don't be silly!
And I hope you'll allow my opinion too.

I don't come to this site seeking stories of female muscle growth. That would just be silly. However, I still don't see why authors should be hand-cuffed or barred for writing stories that may contain female muscle growth SO LONG AS THE STORY CONTAINS male muscle growth.

Again, my desire in reading such stories is that the male muscle growth still dominates and exceeds the female muscle growth so that there is always a male-superior relationship.

Most of the sites that I have seen that are emphasising female muscle growth have a female superior point of view, and I just won't read that.

And that's just me.
  #58   Add to Marco_ukmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:21 AM
On route to freakdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-61
I still don't see why authors should be hand-cuffed or barred for writing stories that may contain female muscle growth SO LONG AS THE STORY CONTAINS male muscle growth.
Now, thats an interesting GRAY AREA that has not been raised before (at least to my knowledge). However, I don't think there is anyone here that would be interested in female muscle growth what-so-ever even if it only made up a very small portion of the story. Having said that, female growth (not muscle, but other things) with the emphasis and dominance of the male muscle growth contained within the same story (thus to ahear to the scope of the site - MALE Muscle Growth) would pose a very interesting GRAY AREA. This is arguably one for Flexodus, since we are now in gray area territory...

Marc

#59   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 04:17 PM

Huh,

I don't know what I can say to be more clear about my position, but apparently it still isn't understood.

Again, this is just a description of the things I find erotic, but in no way should be taken as instruction of how the site I don't pay for should be.

I have been in chat with ladies where we entertained giantess fantasies, and for me, I don't like them at all with the following exception:

female growth, muscle, boobs or otherwise will only excite me so long as the male remains superior. So, a woman could grow to an eight foot giant, so long as the male grew to be a nine or even twelve foot giant.

I particularly like the m/f ratio to where when both are standing the woman's face is level with the male's groin.

But that's just me.

What I would like to see on this site is that authors are free to write whatever float the author's boat. The only criteria I think we should require is
1) There must be male muscle growth.
2) If a female is in the story, the male main character should always dominate in both size and authority.

2a) for me, this also allows a female to be a giant, so long as she is dominated by some male.

I think that leave the field wide open for just about any story, gay or straight. I would think that if a story violates rule 2 or 2a, then it would be welcomed on http://www.thevalkyrie.com/ and because 2 and 2a are required to excite me, I don't read anything on Diana's site. I have looked at that stuff, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Please tell me that's clear! I really don't know how to write more simply than that.
  #60   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:32 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Now, thats an interesting GRAY AREA that has not been raised before (at least to my knowledge). However, I don't think there is anyone here that would be interested in female muscle growth what-so-ever even if it only made up a very small portion of the story.
I agree with you that it is a gray area. I prefer black and white. Female muscle growth does not belong on this site. Period. The site is MALE muscle growth. This is the debate that started this whole thread, and people still will argue that we should dilute the emphasis of this site to suit whatever their personal desires are. They don't really care about anyone else or our expectations. It's all about them and everyone accommidating them. There have been people who have expressed your sentiment that female muscle growth does not belong here. They don't care. THAT IS and CONTINUES TO BE the problem! The argument that THEY don't see the problem is not relevant. Other people DO see the problem. That should be enough.

Now we'll hear the silly freedom of speech argument again. Before we do, let me tell you that I am an officer with the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania and an officer of the local Pittsburgh Chapter. The ACLU does freedom of speech. I know what it is and I know what it is not. If someone wants to rumble on this topic, they'd better be prepared to say something substantive that encompasses all of the freedoms involved and not just their simple longing to satisfy their dick's desire [to quote bb-61's earlier post]. I've seen too much stupidity on the subject like let the author's do what they want and don't read it and that's so legalese to know that people really don't care about freedom of speech but are using that as a rationalization to appease their own desires.

Last edited by Corwin; April 1st, 2005 at 07:40 PM.
  #61   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:05 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
The only problem I have with completely disallowing female muscle growth is that it leads to a bunch of stories where all the men in town turn into hot, muscled, over-sexed hunks and no mention at all is ever made of what happened to all the wives, girlfriends, sisters, and mothers. It's an odd thing to be bugged by in the middle of reading stroke fiction, but for me it would only need a sentence or two ("Oh yeah, and all the women who [breathed the gas/drank the potion/touched the infected cum] turned into lesbian amazons and went off to their own story"). It isn't a theme-related issue for me, more of a continuity/suspension of disbelief thing.

Corwin, I can appreciate wanting things in black and white, and I agree with having guidelines, and enforcing them and everything, but I hope you realize that, especially in art, there are a lot of fuzzy edges and this discussion will probably resurface over and over again as this site, community, and genre evolve. This isn't a "freedom of speech" comment, more of an "art often breaks or subverts rules, even good and well-intentioned rules, and there isn't much that anyone can do to stop that" comment.
  #62   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:23 AM

ethernet_jock
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus
an "art often breaks or subverts rules, even good and well-intentioned rules, and there isn't much that anyone can do to stop that" comment.
see now.... I know I said that very thing.... albeit in a much less elegant way!

#63   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Well, that's because I'm an artiste, and everything I type comes out golden.

(Oh, how I wish that were so...)
  #64   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:48 PM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
While trying to stay out of the debate...

Quote:
The only problem I have with completely disallowing female muscle growth is that it leads to a bunch of stories where all the men in town turn into hot, muscled, over-sexed hunks and no mention at all is ever made of what happened to all the wives, girlfriends, sisters, and mothers.
I don't see a problem there.
  #65   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Corwin, I can appreciate wanting things in black and white, and I agree with having guidelines, and enforcing them and everything, but I hope you realize that, especially in art, there are a lot of fuzzy edges and this discussion will probably resurface over and over again as this site, community, and genre evolve. This isn't a "freedom of speech" comment, more of an "art often breaks or subverts rules, even good and well-intentioned rules, and there isn't much that anyone can do to stop that" comment.
Art is a freedom of speech issue. The penultimate issue is drift. Permitting any female muscle growth dilutes the main purpose of this group. As I have posted before, it is a slippery slope. Who decides how much female muscle growth is allowed? If your read the earlier threads, those arguing to allow female muscle growth went from have minimal content to having any amount of content within a matter of days.

The conflicting right is the freedom of association, also a speech right. People came here expecting male muscle growth. To give them stories with female muscle growth both violates those expectations and infringes on the right to associate solely with male muscle growth.

It really is a black and white issue.

#66   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM

Quote:
it is a slippery slope
I have to admit that my eyes glaze over whenever someone says this to me. It's because of the many, many times the Religious Right have used it to defend banning gay marriage: If you let gay marriage through, well, then now you're looking at bigamy, pedophilia, and bestiality coming right through that door.

I know that there exist valid "slippery slope" arguments, and that just because some crazed extremists have decided to abuse this form of reasoning is no reason for me to instantly suspect it whenever it's used in a debate, but I bet that for the rest of my life this phrase will always set off alarm bells for me. How you get the slippery slope from some women growth to too much women growth is much more clear to me than the slide from gay marriage to bestiality ("Poor FiFi!"), but it would be difficult to convince me that it's a strong enough or valid enough reason to completely prohibit female muscle growth from a story that is primarily a male muscle growth story.

Quote:
Art is a freedom of speech issue.
Well, if you want to use that broad of a brushstroke, then practically everything is a freedom of speech issue.

I didn't say it wasn't, what I was trying to say is that I sympathize with you, but this argument will come up again and again. Freedom of speech, or the lack thereof, has never stopped artists from breaking and bending and changing rules. Responsible artists will take the time to consider their work, consider the medium that they are using, and consider their audience before they expose their art to the world. I wouldn't think highly of someone who, for example, posted a female-oriented story on this site fully knowing that this is a site for male muscle growth, without having a very good reason. BUT sooner or later there will come along a brilliant writer who will write a story that contains female muscle growth but that still, in the artist's thought-out opinion, has a place on this site. This hypothetical author may be right or wrong (for me, it depends on whether or not I like the story), but it will happen.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Quote:
It really is a black and white issue
For you, maybe. But there are a lot of people who've contributed to this discussion who obviously feel differently. I feel differently. To me, there are definitely too many factors to call this as an either/or debate.

An oversimplified way of how I see it:

There's "no female growth", "some female growth" and "too much female growth" (a scale scientifically attuned to my own tastes which, incidently, tend very far toward the homosexual side, with allowances for continuity questions that keep me awake at night - and, incidently, the wives, sisters, etc don't have to grow. I'd be happy if maybe the story mentioned they were all on vacation or something when the entire male population of the town became gay and started an orgy.).

Where "too much female growth" starts is, in my opinion, a highly subjective statement. Obviously, Corwin, for you, "any" is already too much. For me, "too much" is a hair's breath past "some". Because I'm aware that this site is privately run and owned, and that I get to enjoy some really hot fiction for free that is often not readily available elsewhere, I'm content to let the owner dictate how much is too much.

If something offends me too much, I may make a comment, or report to the owner (in case he missed it, or in case I feel the rules should be redefined). If I feel he's wrong (hasn't happened yet, at least not here), I'll lodge a protest. Then I wait to see what "the boss" does. Beyond that, it's kind of a "shrug and 'what do you do'" thing. Just as anyone who wants to have any sort of fetish website can have one by setting one up, even IF a well-moderated and relatively civil board like this one gets taken over or subverted beyond my tastes (and I believe that's a big 'IF' in this particular case), I trust that someone else will set up a new board eventually to cater to my needs. And if they don't, if it bugs me enough, I can do it. It would suck, but if it's not my site, what am I going to do?

Edited to add that the long-winded last few paragraphs were meant to answer the question "Who decides how much female muscle growth is allowed?" with the answer: "The site owner(s), I guess." Sorry for the unclear way of getting there.

Last edited by The Magus; April 4th, 2005 at 10:15 PM.
  #67   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent
I don't see a problem there.
You don't ever wonder about the poor women whose male family members just suddenly shacked up together?

Just me, I guess.
  #68   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin
It really is a black and white issue.
Who said anything about bringing racisism into it????

(I'm kidding Corwin, I'm kidding, but I better write that I'm kidding because you have yet to credit me with a sense of humor wry or otherwise.)
  #69   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:45 AM

ethernet_jock
Ahhhh.... philosophy.... I'm not an artiste but I do enjoy a tad of universal philosophy...

Let me just say that nothing in life is a "black and white" issue. Everything in the universe is dynamic and really even quantum related in nature... this extends to every aspect of life. To expect that things can be kept "black and white" is only to over simplify life in order to make it easier for the human mind to swallow and process. Take linear time for an example. Physicsts have learned - nearly beyond a doubt - that the concept humans respect as linear time really isn't accurate at all to the true nature of time in the universe and it's dynamic and variable tendicies much like another energy form (wave, photon, etc...). And yet, we all wear wristwatches that are synchronized to the average degree of rotation that the earth makes upon it's own axis so that we - as humans with little brains - can swallow daily life and process tasks and make connections on our own level of understanding. Does that mean that we should accept that time IS linear? Hell no.... what a way to stop progress! What is progress you say? another argument for another day...

---

Quote:
You don't ever wonder about the poor women whose male family members just suddenly shacked up together?
I do! I do!! But that's probably the married guy in me.... Different strokes..... too bad some people can't accept that there are other people from other walks of life that come around here too and enjoy the company.

Quote:
Who said anything about bringing racisism into it????
*falls of his chair giggling*

Ok.... now THAT was funny.... considering the earlier parts of this thread and it's predecessor in the story section..... man... that was ingenius comic timing.

Thanks for that!

#70   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:46 AM

ethernet_jock
Incidentally - wouldn't life be boring as shit if everything was black and white?
  #71   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
Well, if you want to use that broad of a brushstroke, then practically everything is a freedom of speech issue.
Robert Maplethorp in Cincinnati. Freedom of expression is a speech issue.

Quote:
BUT sooner or later there will come along a brilliant writer who will write a story that contains female muscle growth but that still, in the artist's thought-out opinion, has a place on this site. This hypothetical author may be right or wrong (for me, it depends on whether or not I like the story), but it will happen.
All these arguments are very one side -- the author's opinion, the author's rights. My point is that there are other people involved here -- the readers. The readers have rights too. Readers come here with the expectation of MALE muscle growth. Any author who violates that assumption is doing harm to that group. Should an author do it, I would hope the owner of the group remove that story, as he said he will do should a story violate his understanding of what the site is about.

It's very strange that no one is willing to recognize that readers have rights too. The site is clearly not a free-for-all for anything any writer wants to write. The site is clearly about MALE muscle growth.

Quote:
For you, maybe. But there are a lot of people who've contributed to this discussion who obviously feel differently. I feel differently. To me, there are definitely too many factors to call this as an either/or debate.
And there are a lot of people who have not contributed to this topic at all. Many people who are blissfully unaware that it is transpiring, or who stumble on it by accident and try to decipher what is happening mid-debate. And the vast majority of the people are not actually authors. Some of those non-authors sseem perfectly willing to impose their will on everyone by changing the character and purpose of this site or to make the site have no purpose at all.

Quote:
An oversimplified way of how I see it:

There's "no female growth", "some female growth" and "too much female growth" (a scale scientifically attuned to my own tastes which, incidently, tend very far toward the homosexual side, with allowances for continuity questions that keep me awake at night - and, incidently, the wives, sisters, etc don't have to grow. I'd be happy if maybe the story mentioned they were all on vacation or something when the entire male population of the town became gay and started an orgy.).

Where "too much female growth" starts is, in my opinion, a highly subjective statement. Obviously, Corwin, for you, "any" is already too much. For me, "too much" is a hair's breath past "some". Because I'm aware that this site is privately run and owned, and that I get to enjoy some really hot fiction for free that is often not readily available elsewhere, I'm content to let the owner dictate how much is too much.
You've just explained why this whole argument is a slippery slope.

In case you haven't noticed, the owner does not wish to spend a lot of time on maintaining this site. He has a life, gets busy and hopes that the people here can be reasonable and mature. When this topic first popped up, his response was something like, "God, what DON'T they understand about MALE muscle growth." If I were him, and someone tried to thrust this policing on me, I'd simply shut the site down because I wouldn't have the time to deal with it.

You want to imagine that there is a grayness here. While we could have lengthy discussions about the true biology, physiology, psychology and endocrinology of human sex, the perception of the vast majority of people is that human sex is binary. There are men and there are women. Black/white, man/woman, male/female. It really is a black and white issue. The site is not about transgender muscle growth, centaur muscle growth, herbaceous muscle growth or any other topic. It is MALE muscle growth. Diluting that with some willy-nilly subjective criteria that varies from person to person only causes confusion and dilutes the stated purpose of this site. It also causes harm to the community of people that came here expecting the purpose of the group to be MALE muscle growth. It causes no harm to authors who have other outlets for their work, such as Valkerie, Metabods, or other such sites.

#72   Add to Radiokida's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:28 AM

I was wondering where the owner of the site is, and what is his opinion about this debate? He could also close the topic and give a definitive answer to our problem, too.
  #73   Add to Corwin's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Muscle Czar

Quote:
I was wondering where the owner of the site is, and what is his opinion about this debate? He could also close the topic and give a definitive answer to our problem, too.
He already did ...

Last edited by Corwin; April 10th, 2005 at 06:59 PM.
  #74   Add to BB-61's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:53 AM

hmmm...

I may have missed it, but I didn't see flexodus make an explicit prohibition against female muscle growth. All he said was:

"All stories MUST involve male muscle growth.
- Stories may contain sexual situations, gay, straight or bisexual.

- Stories MUST involve male muscle growth. Please do not post stories which do not relate specifically to this theme."

This seems to support the popular position and it completely fails to support Corwin's position.

(I agree with you, but he said it was less filling!)
  #75   Add to bigbearny's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:55 AM

bigbearny
Send a message via Yahoo to bigbearny
wow i thought this was a new thread until i noticed the 2005 posting dates.. wonderfully ugly thread for a spam account to drag up
  #76   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearny View Post
wow i thought this was a new thread until i noticed the 2005 posting dates.. wonderfully ugly thread for a spam account to drag up
Must have been that one last night, by the time I found and reported him, he managed to get up to 92 posts on here!
  #77   Add to nypup2train's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM

nypup2train is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nypup2train Send a message via Yahoo to nypup2train
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearny View Post
Of course, if you hadn't responded, then when the spammer was subsequently banned the thread would have been drug back down again... but now, it's your post that's brought the thread back from the distant past! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!

(I'm kidding, dammit!)
  #78   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:24 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,027 Times in 860 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Guys, I was on here that night and I think that this spambot set an all-time record because he had the entire forum lit up with numerous threads that I don't even remember.

It was active at two different times of day which was crazy. First in the late afternoon hours, then late at night.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options