The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
Question Finally on the Path, But I Desire Opinions

I am heartened by an old thread started by tallmuscledman. In it, he regaled us with a tale of his friend who was in his fifties when he decided to start lifting. And then there is He Who is DaBigGuy1, who is a beast at his gentlemanly age of 50+. Finally, we have the not so old achilles and the even younger ekigyuu. My life is filled with inspirations.

So I (finally) started lifting six weeks ago. It has taken me years, but I have found the means to do it without costing me too much money, and have impressed myself by lifting three days a week since February. While I am nowhere near the gentleman's age of 50+, I was worried that I might have been too late to get any significant gains. I am now assured I have many MANY years to get bigger.

I am somewhat tempted, though. Tempted to create a new account where I am somewhat more in touch with the person typing these words. I am uncertain. Perhaps I will. Perhaps I will not.

I have lurked on this board for several years, but now I might attempt to let my fellow lovers of muscle in on my progress. I warn you, while in character this minotaur is a formidable beast, his creator...is not quite up to snuff. Another reason, perhaps, to create a new account. It simply feels more honest.

What say you folks? Should I use a new account, or would it give more weight for this old account name to be used in the journey of growing larger?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
??? Not sure I'm following you.

You are (intentionally) being cryptic, to the point where any information you were attempting to impart, or suggest, or hint at, is obscured by your circumlocutious prose.

When you get to a point, let us know.....

Thanks,
  #3   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Minotaur

Brahma
No, I was not (intentionally) being cryptic, but thank you for giving me the answer I needed.
  #4   Add to stlmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2011, 07:56 PM

stlmuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to stlmuscle
Despite the circumlocutious post, I think I understand what you're getting at.

I'd say, be yourself. It's never too late for that. You don't need to pretend to be something you're not, and ultimately, it's self defeating. Know yourself. Know who it is you want to be. Accept the fact that you will never be perfect, and that there will always be some dude out there that outdoes you in some respect. But don't let that stop you from striving to be the best you can. See life as a sport - those who succeed didn't get there without failures ... it's that they always got up again.

I don't think it really matters if you create a new account name or not, unless you would find that it helps you be more honest with yourself.
  #5   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
I think you should keep the current account. In life we can not start over. We can not rename ourselves (usually). But we can change and grow and develop and learn as so many here have done. Embrace both past and future; nurture the change as you are. Be honest, be real, become your dream.

yahoo: storyen
  #6   Add to Brahma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Minotaur

Brahma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlmuscle View Post
Despite the circumlocutious post, I think I understand what you're getting at.
I love you for that word.

But yes, when I post as Brahma, I tend to post in character. Said character is unintentionally cryptic and wordy. Perhaps to disguise how he truly feels, eh?

I still must give this some thought, but perhaps I can just try not to be in character. It is not easy.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options