The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Muscle & Mind
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle & Mind Motivation, Inspiration and The Mind. What drives you?

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.38 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Tronald's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Tronald is on a distinguished road
10 Mind Messages To Send a Growing Body

We know that the mind controls metabolism, the simplest example is that hotel maids who were told that changing linens burns fat, did, in fact, start burning more fat as they worked (while a control group burned the same old amount). A strong mind, focused on muscle building, will build you a bigger better body, but beyond visualizing the mountains of muscle growing, your brain can actually direct the construction process, broad-shouldered, wearing a hardhat, directing the process by pointing out the work with big, veiny arms.

I'm convinced that talking to my body has made me bigger, leaner, and stronger, in my mid-40s, than I have ever been in my life. I think it is because i'm smarter and more focused than I've ever been in directing my body what to do.

So here's what to say to your body--to the specific organs that produce the most important hormones.

1) Tell your testicles the should, they *must* produce more testosterone. Direct your thoughts there and picture them working faster and taking up more nutrients to do their job. You need that testosterone for focus and power.

2) Tell the master glands in your brain produce more growth hormones. Focus the center of your brain on the need to be bigger, younger, and healthier--that your immune system needs to get stronger and your brain *will* produce the growth hormone to support this.

Talk to your muscles about 4 important metabolic processes:

3) Tell your muscles to take up more nutrients. To pull in more water and swell up. To pull in more carbs and have better endurance, and to pull in more protiend an get bigger. Tell them to recruit nearby "sleeper cells" that should activate and start working like muscle cells and recruit them to the effort of getting bigger.

4) Tell your muscles shut down production of myostatin. Most muscles make myostatin to limit their own growth. No more of that. Tell your muscles to stop this. Picture the myostatin-making strands of RNA getting smaller and motionless. Tell them that you're well fed, a dominant predator, the tribe's alpha male that's winning the battle for resources and that wants to win more. No myostatin! I'm ready and prepared to be big and dominant!

5) Tell your muscles to make and store their own glycogen Let them know you've got some heavy workouts coming up and that you expect them to have stores of energy built-in.

6) Tell your muscles not to give up the size they have when other body processes come scavenging for resources that there's no way that your muscles should give up what they have. Have your muscles beat the wasting hormones up and take their lunch money, then pick them up, and tell those processes to go burn fat instead.

7) Tell your fat cells to give up their diesel. That's right, tell your body to burn fat and lots of it. Tell your body that fat and healthy oils are good enough to be burnt in diesel engines, and that you are a diesel and you expect all your other body processes to get revved up burining fat. Touch your fat deposits and tell your body: "here they are--the oil tanks--burn these"

8) Tell your veins to grow in diameter, getting bigger,freakier, more flexible and more prominent. They're big pipelines. Run your finger along them and tell them to come out and dominate. And the inner lining of that pipeline should be clear and healthy so that it can move your fuel and power your muscle's pumps.

9) Tell the lining of your blood vessels to produce more follistatin. Tell them they're getting bigger so that they can produce more follistatin, and follistatin is the most potent deactivator of myostatin. Yes, what tiny trickle of myostatin that is still being made by your muscles needs to be caught and crushed by the follistatin. And the endothelial cells on the inner walls of your bigger veins are going to make that follistatin.

10) Tell your liver to produce IGF (insulin-like growth factor) a signal to all your body's cells that they should take up the nutrition from your food and protien shakes--your muscle cells will be ready when the signal comes, thanks to message #3
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tronald For This Useful Post:
brutus (January 6th, 2013), Guatemalan (November 4th, 2013), Mdlftr (October 3rd, 2013)
  #2   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Question

A few questions came into my mind. HOW do you 'talk' to your own body? Find a mirror, look at yourself and talk to each part of the body like a person aloud? Or visualize and sub-vocalize to yourself will do?
  #3   Add to MarkusBrown's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM

MarkusBrown is on a distinguished road
Visualize, sub vocalize and FEEL that you want it. If you can't get that desire pumping when you think about growing muscles, maybe that is not what you really want.
  #4   Add to DarkM's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM

DarkM is on a distinguished road
Visualization is a key in manifesting the things that we want. Visualize your body big and muscular, it sends the message to the universe that this is what you are and you will bring the results to yourself.
  #5   Add to jockdog's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM

jockdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewletter View Post
A few questions came into my mind. HOW do you 'talk' to your own body? Find a mirror, look at yourself and talk to each part of the body like a person aloud? Or visualize and sub-vocalize to yourself will do?
I've listened to some hypno files that do some of the above. For example the ones from Paul Clinton - haven't seen his for free - but the set includes separate files including one that tells you to produce testosterone, one to produce growth hormones, etc. As part of that, you use an induction first to get to a relaxed state, but a lot of his involves him saying something that you repeat in your head or out loud... and sometimes he goes through them multiple times. I would imagine that you could do something similar without hypnosis... just try to get into a meditiative state... and focus on something. Now how much it works or not, I'm not sure... but I have seen various things that suggest adding a mind aspect to your approach does have benefits. So why not try spending a few minutes when you wake up or before bed thinking about it? But it won't work alone... gotta do nutrition and exercise too.

I must admit I've been off and on, and just started listening to Paul's... but I feel it was worth it for someone into hypno wanting to get more fit without other effects (i.e. dumbing down, jock clothes, submissive, freakish). Just good motivation for enjoying exercise and eating right. And if you can do it without hypno like Tronald posted, that's awesome.
  #6   Add to RosettaWood's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM

RosettaWood is on a distinguished road
I totally agree with you and I would like to appreciate you for posting such a nice thread.
-Rosetta
  #7   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Visualization definitely helps in the motivation department, whether it actually has an effect more than motivational is up for argument

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options