The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #81   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:59 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Send a message via Yahoo to hulkmuscle
Ok, a couple nice things happened the past couple days:

Sunday night, we're at the gym. It's pretty empty. I'm deadlifting, and this very handsome bodybuilder who lives in my building with his older German boyfriend comes over to work on the Smith machine. We smile and say hi as we've done for the past couple years, since we pass each other once a week or so.

Then, a few seconds later, out of the blue, as I'm adding weight to my bar, not looking at him, I hear him say "You've gotten so big!" I look up, and no one else is around. "You used to be thin, now you're so big!"

Needless to say I'm tickled. He has a very thick accent which I soon discovered was due to his French Brazilian heritage (it has a lovely lilt). I compliment him on his beautiful physique; he says he had been very thin as well (yeah, right...this guy's physique had more dangerous curves than the Pacific Coast Highway).

I ran up to Mitch who was doing calves, and told him, jumping up and down like a kangaroo. He gave me a big chuckle and a hug.

Yetserday, I had coffee with my bodybuilder friend Josh who now goes to another gym. He told me my arms were looking better (this guy's arms are a work of art), but my chest was looking bigger than ever. I told him I've been barely working it for the past couple weeks. "F**k you," he said.

I know it's silly, but it just goes to show that if I can do it, anyone can.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #82   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:37 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
Give yourself some credit!

Anyone who's SMART,has DRIVE&DETERMINATION can!Congratulations!
  #83   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Pectually inspiring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkmuscle

Yetserday, I had coffee with my bodybuilder friend Josh who now goes to another gym. He told me my arms were looking better (this guy's arms are a work of art), but my chest was looking bigger than ever. I told him I've been barely working it for the past couple weeks. "F**k you," he said.

I know it's silly, but it just goes to show that if I can do it, anyone can.

And HOWZA! Your avatar looks like it gonna tip over, your chest looks so big! Congrats on great results due to your dedication! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Mdlftr
  #84   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2005, 05:34 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
Thumbs up

Quote:
...Then, a few seconds later, out of the blue, as I'm adding weight to my bar, not looking at him, I hear him say "You've gotten so big!" I look up, and no one else is around. "You used to be thin, now you're so big!"
....Yetserday, I had coffee with my bodybuilder friend Josh who now goes to another gym. He told me my arms were looking better (this guy's arms are a work of art), but my chest was looking bigger than ever. I told him I've been barely working it for the past couple weeks. "F**k you," he said....
Greg, my man let's face it- your pecs have gotten so big that they cast shadows down on your body. You have grown too big to be even considered to be a skinny guy. You have moved into the big boys pond!!

Last edited by ottomun6; October 5th, 2005 at 05:41 PM.
  #85   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
Glamma, MD, Ottomun, thanks guys. Sometimes I look in the mirror and all I see is a skinny sad little kid who never felt good enough. Some days are better, but I think a lot of us can identify with that.

I think that's why a lot of us keep coming back to this site, because it gives us hope. Maybe one day the fantasy we embody about getting big and strong will come true.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #86   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2005, 08:45 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
Quote:
Glamma, MD, Ottomun, thanks guys. Sometimes I look in the mirror and all I see is a skinny sad little kid who never felt good enough. Some days are better, but I think a lot of us can identify with that.
I can DEFINITELY identify with that... and you are one of a few great inspirations for me.

Thanks!
  #87   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 6th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think that's why a lot of us keep coming back to this site, because it gives us hope. Maybe one day the fantasy we embody about getting big and strong will come true.
I can't agree more. I'm nowhere near built like you, but in the past 11 years I have put on a sizeable amount of muscle, for my frame. Yet, I don't see it. I still see a pudgy, flabby nerd.

Last night my partner and I were at the gym. He recently started working out to get healthier and stronger (back operations, hip operation, gained a lot of weight from mobility being restricted). He's proud of his new-found hobby, and I am too. He's making progress.

Anyway, I was demonstrating the lat pulldown to him. I was wearing a tank top. As I was demonstrating the exercise, he said "wow, look at your muscles!" Last week, one night in bed, he grabbed me and said "... you mighty muscle man!..." And then there are the times I catch him making lustful glances and comments about my squatter's butt.

So, we need all these little reminders from time to time.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
  #88   Add to Roidlvr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM

Roidlvr is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys, good to hear all the great stories, Bodybuilders deserve all the attention the public can give, as mentioned, the feedback really motivates the man to keep pushing, any bodybuilder I see gets my total attention, because I know first hand all the work and mind control it takes to acheive the size and mass, far more training than most other sports. A healthy ego is part of whats its all about, and flexing and posing and being noticed goes hand in hand with bodybuilding, so if a stranger comes up and begs for a pose indulge him because its not the ulitimate rush for him, its a great mindset for you...
  #89   Add to Muscle Derrick's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 01:42 PM

Muscle Derrick is on a distinguished road
Started a new job and the looks when i wear a short-sleeve tight shirt are great. Guys aren't used to seeing 20 inch arm; they guess 18.5. Pussy boys! I got the body of a what a real man should look like.
  #90   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM

With all due disrespect.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Derrick
Started a new job and the looks when i wear a short-sleeve tight shirt are great. Guys aren't used to seeing 20 inch arm; they guess 18.5. Pussy boys! I got the body of a what a real man should look like.

...So, [tongue firmly in cheek] I suppose the rest of the 'Girly Men' in the office should work on their guess-timating skills? Are you gonna hold 'training sessions'?

How about like the Boy Scouts, when they teach you to estimate the distance to the horizon by having you look at a tree, estimate its height based on an average 6 foot man, then do a little figuring to arrive at a figure for the distance to the horizon..

You gonna compare your chest to oh, say, a standard, 55-gallon drum?

Your 'guns' to the diameter of the average office wastebasket?

Your head to a deep screen monitor?

Your ego to...Mount Rushmore?

Just asking...."Sir"!

Mdlftr
  #91   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 02:29 PM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
*snicker*

*chortle*

*ROFL*

*LMFAO*

derrick - Mdl's prodding is meant purely out of fun... as would any feelings I had that were exactly the same. You are obviously rightfully proud of your achievements as would any of us should we have 20.5" biceps... which i find to be pretty rare.

A bit of humility wouldn't hurt, tho?

don't hurt me?!?!!!
  #92   Add to muscle_mastah's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:31 PM

muscle_mastah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to muscle_mastah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Derrick
Right on! Fuck yeah, I'm not stopping till my arms are 20"
  #93   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
My best friend from high school had a bunch of theatre friends over for late brunch and a musical theatre sing-a-long. He's an obscenely talented pianist and musical director, and he's as passionate about theatre as me.

Anyway, his Mom was staying with him because his father had passed away recently (jt seems all of our parents are disappearing one by one), and we hadn't seen each other in a good 12-13 years. I went up to give her a hug, and she gave a look to the crowd as if to say "who is this idiot hugging me?"

I said, "Hi Mrs. W., sorry about your loss..."

She grabbed me by the cheeks and said, "Greg? Is that you? Oh my God, I didn't even recognize you until you spoke, and I thought to myself, oh my God, it's Greg! He used to be like this!" she indicated to the crowd, holding up her index finger. "He used to be a stick!"

Gave me the warm fuzzies.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg

Last edited by hulkmuscle; October 31st, 2005 at 07:16 PM.
  #94   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:46 PM

ottomun6
Quote:
...She grabbed me by the cheeks and said, "Greg? Is that you? Oh my God, I didn't even recognize you until you spoke, and I thought to myself, oh my God, it's Greg! He used to be like this!" she indicated to the crowd, holding up her index finger. "He used to be a stick!"...
Greg its only the beginning, you have gotten big and those who remember the skinny guy can't make the connection!!
Congrats!
  #95   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Today, walking through the South End to get a steak & eggs breakfast at Mike's Diner, an ASIAN lady from out'a nowhere asks me "Do you play football, Hon?" I was wearing my "contractor drag" (ie: work boots, Carhart jacket, scally cap) so I might have been looking particularly bulky. I said "No, but I played Rugby." She said; "Oh, it's all the same thing, big guy."

She was coming out of Holy Cross Cathedral after Mass, so I'm pretty sure she wasn't a prostitute trying to make me!
  #96   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Big man in Boston

Quote:
She grabbed me by the cheeks and said, "Greg? Is that you? Oh my God, I didn't even recognize you until you spoke, and I thought to myself, oh my God, it's Greg! He used to be like this!" she indicated to the crowd, holding up her index finger. "He used to be a stick!"

Gave me the warm fuzzies.
There should be a whole thread about going back to your high-school / college reunion and having no-one recognize you because of your new physique.

Should I start one?

-BigLittleTim
  #97   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 09:28 AM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
I wanted to go to my 20th high school reunion last year but it was on Thanksgiving weekend, and we always go to my cousins for the holiday. I was looking forward to it, cause I can honestly say I think I look better than I did in high school (I think I was maybe 110 lbs back then...and with 80's hair...how much worse can ya get?)

Maybe it's the gay thing, but I've noticed many gay men tend to look better as they get older. Is it our Peter Pan gene going into overdrive?

We just got back from Boston incidentally (I'd gone to BU years back). Our friend David tied the knot with his boyfriend Mark. Our first legal gay wedding. It was extremely moving.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #98   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
Big man in Boston

What Cheer, eh?

Never miss an opportunity to go to your highschool reunion! It will be one of the most cathartic experiences you ever have.

So many guys peak at the age of seventeen. I look 100% better than I did as a skinny 150lb. highschool kid who rowed crew. Went back to H.S. reunion weighing 275lbs. THAT was a night to remember, my friend!

There is something absurdly gratifying, for a gay man, to have your high school gym teacher, who used to torture you, hitting on you at the bar. (I must write the whole story out sometime.)

Good for your friends! I am so proud to be a Bostonian and citizen of Massachusetts, these days especially. When abroad I tell people I am a "Bostonian", not an "American". I have not been to a gay wedding yet, but the whole atmosphere here is charged with excitement over our new freedom to marry. I marched and carried signs, and signed all the petitions. "All I need now is the boy..."

-BigLittleTim

Last edited by BigLittleTim; November 3rd, 2005 at 11:04 AM. Reason: mis-spell
  #99   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM

"Late Bloomers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
What Cheer, eh?

Never miss an opportunity to go to your highschool reunion! It will be one of the most cathartic experiences you ever have.

So many guys peak at the age of seventeen. I look 100% better than I did as a skinny 150lb. highschool kid who rowed crew. Went back to H.S. reunion weighing 275lbs. THAT was a night to remember, my friend!

-BigLittleTim
I think that 'looking better 20 + years out than you did in high school' has EVERYTHING to do with genetics, drive, determination and discipline and NOTHING to do with gender orientation.

I was 6'2", 145# sopping wet in high school.

Now I'm 6'3" 210# and still getting stronger and bigger--why? Cause I work out, even though I've got the 40 hours+ job, the supportive spouse, the kids, etc.

The guys who 'peaked' in high school DO seem to be the ones who 'had it made: looks, dates, popularity' from 15-18. If they don't keep it up, it goes. You don't stay 18 forever --but who wants to? Everything changes, your body does too. You need to keep it developing, just like your career, your social skills, whatever.

One thing I've noticed about gay men (this is a straight guy's perspective here) is that some of them seem to be fixated on looking like they're 25 forever. Why would anyone want that? There's an appeal to someone who's in shape at any age -- gray hair, lines and all. Obsessing over not looking like you're 25 is futile. Keeping your chest bigger than your waist and your cardio vascular health up is ALWAYS good!

My two cents,

Mdlftr
  #100   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Big man in Boston

True, many gay men are obsessed with looking youthful. Society, media images, and especially the "gay circuit" reinforce the idea that the worst thing that can befall a person is to get old. It is particularly painful to get old if you do not have a "supportive spouse, successful children" etc. If 95% of straight men over 35 years of age were still single I think they'd be MORE obsessed than gay men, if possible, with trying to appear young.

One may not mind, terribly, getting old if one also has a MUSCULAR ATTRACTIVE BODY. Try getting old with an ugly body, or even an ordinary body.

I think I perhaps unjustly identify the guys who peaked in high-school as "straight" not only because 98% of them are straight anyway, but because there is some truth to the stereotype of the man who, once he has a wife, mortgage, three kids in braces (or college!) family vacations, overtime, etc., he's not going to be spending as much time in the gym as he did when he was twenty-three, just out of college, pumping himself up in the gym, and looking to get laid at the bar.

The greatest thing about gay life is that you're always gonna be that hot single guy , working-out so he can get laid every night.

The saddest aspect of gay life is that you're always gonna be that hot single guy, working-out so he can get laid every night.

Again, I am speaking in broad generalizations.

-BigLittleTim

"At Seventeen"

I learned the truth at seventeen
That love was meant for beauty-queens
And high-school girls with clear-skin smiles
Who married young, and then retired.

For those of us who knew the pain
Of valentines that never came
And those whose names were never called
When choosing sides for basketball

Inventing lovers on the phone
Living other lives, unknown,
Who called to say, "Come dance with me."
And murmer vague obscenities.
(Life isn't all it seems, at seventeen)

The small-town eyes will gape at you
In dull surprise
when payment-due
Exceeds accounts received...
At seventeen

It was long ago, and far away
The world was younger than it is today
And dreams were all they gave for free
To ugly-duckling girls like me

-Janis Ian
  #101   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
Big man in Boston

All right, gentlemen. I kind'a muffed the lyrics of this GREAT Janis Ian song. Here they are in their entirety, directly off her website. I think more than a few muscle-bound geeks of yesteryear will recognize the sentiment. This is an amazing song; once you hear it you never forget it. It strikes a chord in your memories of high-school.

I hope it doesn't take a trip back to high-school for more abuse to help all you hard-gainer achieve the body you've always wanted.

AT SEVENTEEN
</FONT>(Janis Ian)

I LEARNED THE TRUTH AT SEVENTEEN
THAT LOVE WAS MEANT FOR BEAUTY QUEENS
AND HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS WITH CLEAR SKINNED SMILES
WHO MARRIED YOUNG AND THEN RETIRED
THE VALENTINES I NEVER KNEW
THE FRIDAY NIGHT CHARADES OF YOUTH
WERE SPENT ON ONE MORE BEAUTIFUL
AT SEVENTEEN I LEARNED THE TRUTH

AND THOSE OF US WITH RAVAGED FACES
LACKING IN THE SOCIAL GRACES
DESPERATELY REMAINED AT HOME
INVENTING LOVERS ON THE PHONE
WHO CALLED TO SAY - COME DANCE WITH ME
AND MURMURED VAGUE OBSCENITIES
IT ISN'T ALL IT SEEMS AT SEVENTEEN

A BROWN EYED GIRL IN HAND ME DOWNS
WHOSE NAME I NEVER COULD PRONOUNCE
SAID - PITY PLEASE THE ONES WHO SERVE
THEY ONLY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE
THE RICH RELATIONED HOMETOWN QUEEN
MARRIES INTO WHAT SHE NEEDS
WITH A GUARANTEE OF COMPANY
AND HAVEN FOR THE ELDERLY

SO REMEMBER THOSE WHO WIN THE GAME
LOSE THE LOVE THEY SOUGHT TO GAIN
IN DEBENTURES OF QUALITY AND DUBIOUS INTEGRITY
THEIR SMALL-TOWN EYES WILL GAPE AT YOU
IN DULL SURPRISE WHEN PAYMENT DUE
EXCEEDS ACCOUNTS RECEIVED AT SEVENTEEN

(INSTRUMENTAL)

TO THOSE OF US WHO KNEW THE PAIN
OF VALENTINES THAT NEVER CAME
AND THOSE WHOSE NAMES WERE NEVER CALLED
WHEN CHOOSING SIDES FOR BASKETBALL
IT WAS LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY
THE WORLD WAS YOUNGER THAN TODAY
WHEN DREAMS WERE ALL THEY GAVE FOR FREE
TO UGLY DUCKLING GIRLS LIKE ME

WE ALL PLAY THE GAME, AND WHEN WE DARE
WE CHEAT OURSELVES AT SOLITAIRE
INVENTING LOVERS ON THE PHONE
REPENTING OTHER LIVES UNKNOWN
THAT CALL AND SAY - COME ON, DANCE WITH ME
AND MURMUR VAGUE OBSCENITIES
AT UGLY GIRLS LIKE ME, AT SEVENTEEN

#102   Add to NCBodybuilder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:44 PM

NCBodybuilder is on a distinguished road
Talking of going to hs reunions, I went back to my 10 yr reunion a number of years ago and got Most Changed...I was all of 120 lbs in hs but went to the reunion more than 100 lbs more massive from my efforts in the gym. I loved the reactions when people found out it was me, it was like "what have you done!?" I was enjoying every comment and look.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~ncbodybuilder
  #103   Add to bignbuiltyalie's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:24 PM

bignbuiltyalie is on a distinguished road
halloween

At my college, halloween is a big party night. This year I decided to be a cave man, and the costume really showed off my pecs shoulders and arms. It was a big deal for me because I don't normally like to show off a lot of skin, and because of the attention I got. One of my suitemates made me flex my arms once he saw me. It was cold and I was dreading the prospect of having to walk to a nearby club in a half naked state. One of my buddies said to me, "at least everyone is getting to see the results of all the time you put in at the gym."
  #104   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:23 PM

glammaman2000
I LOVE Janis Ian!

Check out"Ride Me Like a Wave!"Hot lesbo-love chanteuse!The burdens of straight life would kill me.Happy I missed it.I think that;although gay men appreciate youthful beauty,we actually have a broader notion of what's attractive than some straights.I'm still getting hit on at 54!&I haven't heard it's easy to be an unattached female past 25....
  #105   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:28 PM

glammaman2000
p.s.,as the great Charo once said;

...,"Holding on to a man in America is like trying to eat soup with a fork!"i.e.;it's VERY difficult,but not impossible.
  #106   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 5th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Big man in Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBodybuilder
Talking of going to hs reunions, I went back to my 10 yr reunion a number of years ago and got Most Changed...I was all of 120 lbs in hs but went to the reunion more than 100 lbs more massive from my efforts in the gym. I loved the reactions when people found out it was me, it was like "what have you done!?" I was enjoying every comment and look.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~ncbodybuilder
Great photos at your BigMuscle page. Do you have a photo of yourself from high-school? They haven't all been burned, have they?

Now THAT's a great idea for a thread! "Evolution Forum High-School Yearbook". Post a picture of yourself now, and from when you graduated from H.S... If you dare!
  #107   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:51 AM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Talking

i got a couple stories , both at my work place.

first with a new intern boy, he arrived around may kind of 19yo starting to work, blond 5?11?? tall and really fatty. Well i havent see him in a while until last week.
We have a baseball game and he is in the team. Well his gut have disspeared. I guess he was waist size 40 bef and now may be 32. his back is really getting wide, and have a pair of very powerful legs showing in his baseball pants! his face have also changed his hair is now neck long and he is always smiling...wow it was so awesome that i need to tell....

Other is an ongoing guy at the paint shop. Young too maybe 21, around 6.1" he was what you may call thin athletic. Waist size around 28. Well that have changed now. His shirt no longer fits him right. I mean, we use t shrits, his sleeves are high and tight in his arms which are really big and flex every time he move it. His back rocks it seems alive under the shirt. Big pecs, may be the lacking point, but they are there for sure, but i think the thing that call my attention are his quads. The look like have grown inside the jeans. His legs are totally defined inside. you can see the quads tear and the hamstring i think he is definitively under roids, because his face have got a heavy shadow, and his hair is also long. Anywy great change to watch...
  #108   Add to tallgiantboy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 9th, 2005, 05:54 PM

tallgiantboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignbuiltyalie
At my college, halloween is a big party night. This year I decided to be a cave man, and the costume really showed off my pecs shoulders and arms. It was a big deal for me because I don't normally like to show off a lot of skin, and because of the attention I got. One of my suitemates made me flex my arms once he saw me. It was cold and I was dreading the prospect of having to walk to a nearby club in a half naked state. One of my buddies said to me, "at least everyone is getting to see the results of all the time you put in at the gym."
Hey Yalie,
What college you in? Former Yalie here as well.
  #109   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 14th, 2005, 10:07 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
<<Talking of going to hs reunions, I went back to my 10 yr reunion a number of years ago and got Most Changed...I was all of 120 lbs in hs but went to the reunion more than 100 lbs more massive from my efforts in the gym. I loved the reactions when people found out it was me, it was like "what have you done!?" I was enjoying every comment and look.

http://www.bigmuscle.com/~ncbodybuilder>>

Great stuff! You must've made them all do a serious double-take! I also went to my high school reunion, and although I was happy to see that almost everyone had let themselves go, quite a few of them did not recognize me at all ( I too was around 120 pounds soaking wet. ) Felt really great! Then I'm back in the gym not satisfied..but it keeps me motivated for more!

Someone should start a thread for ""Evolution Forum High-School Yearbook". I'd post a pic in a heartbeat of my high school self...scary as it was!
  #110   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Big man in Boston

Yes, we definitely need an "Evolution Forum High School Reunion" thread.

Post a (true) story about your experience of going back to your high school reunion, and post your high school year-book picture as well as a recent photo of what you look like now. Stats should be included.

Anyone game?

-BigLittleTim
  #111   Add to walbb25's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:10 AM

walbb25 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to walbb25
comments at work

Had a great experience yesterday at my work, 3 different co workers came up to me throughout the day to comment on my body. I wore a shirt that day that I had never worn before, just a regular T-shirt but a little bit tight around my chest. First guy said my arms were definetely looking bigger, 2nd person asked me if I had been working out lately and said I looked good, 3rd asked me if I was juicing, he was being sarcastic though and later seriously said that I had gotten really buff hehe. Just had to share that, by the end of the day I was feeling really good !
  #112   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I hate that song "At Seventeen." I always wanted to say to her: "Maybe people wouldn't perceive you as ugly if you weren't such a self-pitying whiner! Try laughing, for God's sake!" The truth is, 90% of the people in this world are ugly, but they don't let it ruin their lives.

Anyway, I had a nice experience this week. I had serious health problems a year ago that have kept me out of the gym for the most part since. I've gained a lot of fat and lost a lot of lean, so I dread being seen with my shirt off. I'm in a class where we have to find acupuncture points on each other, and the guy who was working on me couldn't find the point, and the TA said: "Well, there's just too much muscle in the way." Made me feel good.
  #113   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 12th, 2006, 11:06 PM

newmus is on a distinguished road
i know i've put on some weight over the past few months but it really hasn't been alot. well i went out to dinner with a buddy of mine last night and the first thing he says to me is " what's up Muscle Man?" - it had been a few months since he'd seen me last and had to mention how much bigger i look. well i didn't really believe him (i did but i didn't) until this after noon when i'm in a fitting room at the goodwill trying on clothes and i put on an A-shirt (haven't worn one since kindergarten). had one of those "who is that hottie in the mirror?" experieances. that was the most i think i have ever been able to turn myself on. so now i'm trying on shirts over the A-shirt and i grab a long sleeve dress shirt and put my arms in real quick. it's too small but i have a little fun and then i try and take it off. in all honesty i was actually shocked that i couldn't! my arms had gotten stuck and i started to panic! i was goin to have to go outside and ask the lady standing by the door to pull the sleaves off my arms! for those of you who are nowhere near the size or shape you want your body to be and thus wear only lose fitting clothes to hide your unfinished work of art
i think you can imagine what kind of predicament i was in. fortuneately i calmed down and slipped out of the shirt without ripping it off, just like a chinese finger trap. oh man i'm so big!
  #114   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:07 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
there is an art you need to master of keeping one arm stretched out, but not tensed, and using that hand to pull a few millimeters of the sleeve down at a time. at the same time you must keep the other side feeding what cloth it can to the side pulling. It's hard to explain, but you'll get the hang of it son enough. Sometimes you think it'll be loose by the size, but when you put it on, you are like, "Oh s**t, this is a slim fitting XXL..." It is a skill you will need to master.
  #115   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM

ottomun6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmus
i know i've put on some weight over the past few months but it really hasn't been alot. well i went out to dinner with a buddy of mine last night and the first thing he says to me is " what's up Muscle Man?" - it had been a few months since he'd seen me last and had to mention how much bigger i look. well i didn't really believe him (i did but i didn't) until this after noon when i'm in a fitting room at the goodwill trying on clothes and i put on an A-shirt (haven't worn one since kindergarten). had one of those "who is that hottie in the mirror?" experieances. that was the most i think i have ever been able to turn myself on. so now i'm trying on shirts over the A-shirt and i grab a long sleeve dress shirt and put my arms in real quick. it's too small but i have a little fun and then i try and take it off. in all honesty i was actually shocked that i couldn't! my arms had gotten stuck and i started to panic! i was goin to have to go outside and ask the lady standing by the door to pull the sleaves off my arms! for those of you who are nowhere near the size or shape you want your body to be and thus wear only lose fitting clothes to hide your unfinished work of art
i think you can imagine what kind of predicament i was in. fortuneately i calmed down and slipped out of the shirt without ripping it off, just like a chinese finger trap. oh man i'm so big!
This is great news to hear about you getting noticebly bigger, but it would help if you put some stat information in your profile.
  #116   Add to newmus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM

newmus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomun6
This is great news to hear about you getting noticebly bigger, but it would help if you put some stat information in your profile.
i'm hovering close to 180 @20-22%bf, 5'-6", 32" waist and i'm going to guess 16.5" arms (god that sounds so small). i'm too embarrassed to put body pics of myself up so don't ask
  #117   Add to Jim USA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:04 PM

Jim USA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim USA
Talking

Anyone with 16.5" arms and only a 32 waist has a great ratio going. I'll bet you have many more comments and clothes situations yet to come as you continue to muscle up.
  #118   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 03:24 PM

ottomun6
I agree with Jim, you are way ahead of the curve already just by working out and having those measurements. Most guys are more like 35" waist with 13-14" arms.
Thanks for the stat info, but could you add it to your "public profile"?
--Pretty please with sugar on top?--
Maybe we will be talking about your progress a year or two from now. But it always helps to have an idea of where you used to be. Or maybe some guy that happens be your height and weight might need to hear that he can make changes too if you can do it.
  #119   Add to hulkmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:20 PM
OPA!

hulkmuscle
In a muscle fantasy world where "everyone" has 50 inch chests and 20 inch arms (indeed, most competitors, except the heavy and super-heavy pro-level variety, don't even have those), 16.5 is considerably larger than average.

Don't get caught up in the numbers game. It's nothing but self-defeating.
Just a piece of sky?

The Follies of Greg
  #120   Add to ripped_stalion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:31 PM

ripped_stalion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ripped_stalion Send a message via MSN to ripped_stalion Send a message via Yahoo to ripped_stalion Send a message via Skype™ to ripped_stalion
I agree with that last comment the numbers games holds u back I was 1 and its mentaly drainin. size comes to people that train hard and eat eight.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options