The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Vastus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Vastus is on a distinguished road
New to this, feeling lost

So here I am, 19, ~280 lbs and starting to lift with a friend. I am by no means the healthiest person, my diet is horrible and I haven't lifted in about two years. I lifted in high school and I enjoyed it, but there's only so much a 30 minute session can do. I have always wanted to be as big as I can get, like putting the "mass" in massive, but I have never been able to find any motivation to do it until this semester when I decided to just go for it and asked my friend to start lifting with me at the school fitness center between/after classes.

My main problem is that I don't know where to start. Should I go with the machines or free weights? I don't want to jump into something and hurt myself or make myself sick; how "easy" should I start out?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:13 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Go to Amazon, buy a book called 'starting strength'. it is made for beginners. There is also a site with the same name, where the program and exercises are discussed. look on Youtube for clips by the author.
get your eating act together! training will give you the drive to do that. clean out the junk carbs, just that will improve your health A LOT.
  #3   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
First off, you don't have to buy any books to know how to lift. Just look for Lee Hayward on youtube he's pretty good at seeing some of his routines first hand. May even pick up a trick or two. there's also plenty of video on exercises on bodybuilding.com If all else, there no problem talking to a personal trainer, they are there to help people succeed.

I would start on machines first and slowly work towards the free weight. It more important to get the form down first, so don't even worry about how much weight you're moving.

http://www.youtube.com/user/leemhayward best to include the link to cut down on the searching.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options