The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Main Off-Topic Board
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.63 average. Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
waqarhassan41

Windows Phone Marketplace reached 100,000 app submissions

Windows Phone OS is now officially part of the major league, folks. The Marketplace for Microsoft's mobile OS has made it past the mark of 100,000 application submissions, thus joining the likes of Android and iOS as part of the elite club.It took the platform the relatively short 20 months to reach the magic number - that's quicker than Android (24 months), but slower than iOS (16 months).

Out of the 100,000+ submitted apps, 88,371 are available for download across 60 countries. That number is bound to increase with around 300 every day. Don't be surprised however, if the pace picks up even further - after all, Windows Phone Apollo is right around the corner.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wrestlejock646's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM

wrestlejock646 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wrestlejock646
I'm loving my cyan Nokia Lumia 900! Best move I made was going from Android to Windows Phone. I got tired of my high horsepower dual core phone randomly rebooting, lagging, overheating and then being end of life'd 7 months after getting released initially. Shipped with Froyo in June 2011, the Gingerbread update it received last summer was an improvement. But word eventually crept out that it would get no ICS update and I was less than halfway through a 2 year contract. I got pissed off that I was stuck with a phone that wasn't dependable to even use as an alarm clock as it once rebooted in the middle of the night--apparently about the time the alarm should have gone off at 5:30 am. I was an hour and a half late for work.

The Lumia has worked flawlessly from day one. The screen is beautiful and the best on the market for outdoor viewing. The form factor is stunning and WP7.5 is an operating system that works far more fluidly and smoothly than my androids ever did.

For all the complaints about the Window's Phone marketplace not having sufficient numbers of apps, I haven't found it to be any sort of problem at all. 100,000 apps and growing quickly at this point allows me to find everything I need or want to use. I hope the introduction of WP8 accelerates the marketshare growth for the platform and I'm looking forward to it.

I can't wait for Nokia to introduce its rumored Lumia tablet before Christmas. If its as sexy and functional as the Lumia 900, I'm anxious to get my hands on it.
  #3   Add to Gene's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:41 AM

Gene is on a distinguished road
The initial post is supiciously spam-ish

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text