The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #81   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 15th, 2004, 02:47 PM

ottomun6
Send a message via Yahoo to ottomun6
I almost forgot about another TV personality that sprouted muscles : Bronson Pinchot.
He was in a couple movies like Beverly Hills Cop and had a series as Balkie in "Perfect Strangers". If you remember he was rather scrawny looking. But when he pops up in "Step by Step"(1997),
he has a brand new set of muscles and some nice snug fitting shirts to show them off. I was really surprised when he showed up all buffed up. I only wish they would have made more of a effort to write those muscles into the script.
  #82   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:20 AM

Notbigenuff
Send a message via AIM to Notbigenuff Send a message via Yahoo to Notbigenuff
And, I'm too lazy to go back through the thread --what about Joe Piscipo? He certainly got big! If I remember he was even featured in several of the mainstream "muscle" mags and interviewed about his transformation.
  #83   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:04 PM

ottomun6
Yeah, I remember Joe P. getting big and buffed. I remember talking to friends about him beng thin on Saturday Night Live, then poof! he is big. And wouldn't you know it? they started spreading the "steroid" bomb on him too.

Has anyone caught the "Shop at Home" channel when they bring out the exercise equipment? They usually show a "model" in the background by the name of David. He is pretty buffed up, not contest shape, but definitely bulky enough to make the folks in the studio make comments and the camera views can get very sensual (like from behind, or up the legs)
  #84   Add to Phlex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:19 PM

Phlex
Bronson Pinchot and Other Unexpected Muscle

I used to see Bronson Pinchot working out pretty often at gold's venice during that period, and he definitely improved visibly during that time (I also knew him slightly about the time he graduated high school. If he's straight, I'm Richard Simmons).

Another guy I've seen at Gold's from time to time is the comic known as Carrot Top. He has a good physique - his biceps are particularly impressive - and it's pretty surprising considering that his comic persona is pretty much this obnoxious skinny guy. Haven't seen him either at the gym nor on TV lately.

Another actor I used to see at Gold's was former child actor Adam Rich (Eight is Enough); this was about 10 years ago. Nice guy, but I 'hate' him, because he said that he trained fairly lightly because if he trained harder he'd get too muscular for his height. He's not a tall man.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #85   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Notbigenuff
Carrot Top

Oh thank goodness--I was always waiting from a collect call commercial because I thought Carrot Top was looking good! I was worried that my taste in men had taken a change for the worse!

It's interesting to look at the "ideal" physiques that Hollywood has shown us over the years. Most of the hunks from yesteryear couldn't hold a candle to many of the extras today in the terms of overall muscular development.
  #86   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM

Notbigenuff
Captain America

I was re-reading this thread and the talk about the "Hulk" reminded me of the old occasional TV series "Captain America" in the seventies I think. The series pretty much trashed the comic book continuity but the star was extremly muscular for the day, his name was Reb something I think.

Never enough scenes of him with those arms hanging out of the short sleeve polyster shirts of the period.
  #87   Add to buffdoc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:22 PM

buffdoc
Send a message via Yahoo to buffdoc
Regarding the topic of actors who got/became/or perhaps started out very muscled, I vividly remember seeing a movie of the week type flick on network TV in the mid-80s called "The Making of a Male Model." I don't recall the actor, but as an early pubescent teen, this guy was the most built man I had ever seen. He was actually more ripped than super huge but was basically shirtless or in tight shorts for the whole film. Any one also remember seeing this movie?
  #88   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:34 PM

Notbigenuff
Making of a Male Model

I vaguely recall the movie--but I vividly recall it's star, Jon-Eric Hexum. A major hunk and a half, former football player at Michigan State University, and rising star at the time of his death.

He tragically was pulling what he thought would be a joke with a blank loaded gun loaded by pointing it at his head and shooting between takes of a movie he was working on. What he didn't realize is that there is "material" that comes out of a gun loaded with blanks and at that close range this material and the concussion were enough to kill him. A sad ending to a promising career.
  #89   Add to nolcrump's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2004, 07:28 AM

nolcrump is on a distinguished road
I see that someone remembered the Hi-C commercial. Does anyone else remember that. I think it was from the late 80's to early 90's. Even though its a cartoon, the kid gets HUGE!!! I'd love to see that commercial again. I've been searching the net for years now with no results. But I think my first muscle growth fantasy came from the Sampson and Goliath series, back in the early 70's. He would turn his braceltes, click his arms and become huge. Then sometimes he would turn them again and bulk up even more. Man!!! What a dream!
  #90   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM

brent has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to brent Send a message via Yahoo to brent
My first muscle sighting was when I was about 4, we had 'Sampson' brand metal folding chairs, that had a line drawing of a buffed guy. I still remember liking the way he looked.

Years later, we were living in a different house, and I saw my first muscle man. I would have been about 6, or 7, and I was watching the Merv Griffin show (it could have been a rerun, I wouldn't know at that age) and I think Frank Zane & his wife were on. I thought he was so hot, I knoew I wanted to be a bodybuilder like him. Too bad I didn't act on it sooner...
  #91   Add to willfrog13's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:05 AM

willfrog13 is on a distinguished road
misc. trivia

Captain America .. two or three made for tv movies in the late 70's early 80's starring Reb Brown as Cap. Reb went on to make a number of B sci-fi and action movies thru out the 80's.

Jon-Erik Hexum ... Jon made two tv series in his short carreer. The short lived "Voyagers" and the spy drama "Cover Up". It was on the set of Cover Up that he had his fatal accident.

Jon-Erik was replaced on cover up by Antony Hamilton another hot body. Hamilton went on to star in the re-make of the Mission Impossible tv series in the late 80's, Tony took the role played by 60's muscle man Peter Lupus in the original series.

That's all my random triviafor the day.
  #92   Add to Jace's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:58 AM

Jace is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Jace
Red face Thought I'd join in =)

Wow.

This whole thing is a trip. My first muscle sighting was in a muscle mag that my dad had. I think I was about 3 when that happened. He just laughed at me cuz I kept staring at the guy in the photo. And when he tried to turn the page, I guess I put my hand out. That's one of my earliest memories ever. Weird huh?

The next of course was the HULK. (Amen)

Does anyone else remember "BANNANA MAN"? That used to get me hard...it was a cheese cartoon short. Kid eats a bannana and all of the sudden he spasms and his body does some weird up and down motion and he becomes BANNANA MAN with a cheesey deep voice but very muscular.

Or course Hunk. (sigh) I used to watch that late at night while my parents slept.

There was the buffed guy from Madonna's movie "Who's that girl" The UPS man, buck. He was cool to look at.

A few years ago there was a comic book with this kid that was a punk and he gets experimented on. He's injected with some type of syrum that has tiger qualities. He starts to get aggressive...kind of grows bigger, then one night he gets into a rage and ends up ripping out of his clothes and gets fangs and a little hairier. Anyone remember that comic? Damn memory of mine! So selective.

That's all I can fathom right now. =)
  #93   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2004, 06:30 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
The first few media muscle guys I can recall from childhood, remembering that I'm only 27 :P.... hmmmm

Arnold S. in some of his earliest movies

Mr. T

Mr. Clean

Hulk Hogan

and yeah...... on the Carrot Top subject... I thought I was the only one who ever actually noticed that the guy was pretty damn ripped! LOL

He's Canadian, BTW.... I saw an HBO special a long time ago where he actually removes his shirt for part of his comedy bit for about 30 seconds. As I recall, it IS as good as it looks. This guy deserves more attention .... not because he's all that incredibly buff, but because he's buff and doesn't take himself seriously at all. A very cool combination.

Does he seem gay to you too?
  #94   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
carrot-top

dated a very pretty girl who was bartending in a restaurant i managed.i saw a polaroid of him with his shirt off.we used to compare muscles.he's a very charming,natural guy.underneath the hair&waxed eyebrows is a handsome man.
  #95   Add to ethernet_jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:35 AM

ethernet_jock
Send a message via Yahoo to ethernet_jock
well that answers that question....

how did you stack up? :P
  #96   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:05 AM

Thanked 1,305 Times in 370 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notbigenuff
I was re-reading this thread and the talk about the "Hulk" reminded me of the old occasional TV series "Captain America" in the seventies I think. The series pretty much trashed the comic book continuity but the star was extremly muscular for the day, his name was Reb something I think.

Never enough scenes of him with those arms hanging out of the short sleeve polyster shirts of the period.
That would be Reb Brown, who was in a number of forgettable roles. (Look him up on IMDB; IMDB is your FRIEND!) Handsome face, blond hair, killer bod. Very, very yummy.

rpj
  #97   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glammaman2000
dated a very pretty girl who was bartending in a restaurant i managed.i saw a polaroid of him with his shirt off.we used to compare muscles.he's a very charming,natural guy.underneath the hair&waxed eyebrows is a handsome man.
I've always thought he was a hottie, he just needs to be gagged, that's all.

rpj
  #98   Add to ottomun6's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:07 PM

ottomun6
Thumbs up Tall, buffed and in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace
There was the buffed guy from Madonna's movie "Who's that girl" The UPS man, buck. He was cool to look at.
Yeah, that big guy was VERY HOT!! I just saw it again the other day, and he still makes me light-headed with all those bulging muscles and veins almost popping that snug UPS uniform open.
  #99   Add to glammaman2000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM

glammaman2000
Send a message via Yahoo to glammaman2000
how did i stack up?

dominant.(his admission)
  #100   Add to Yachirobi's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 06:31 PM
R O C K S T A R

Yachirobi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yachirobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace
I looked up the actor, real name James Dietz, on IMDB only to find out he died in 1987 before the movie even opened.

Sad.
  #101   Add to sexiscriptor's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Your Adoring Fanboy

sexiscriptor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sexiscriptor
Well, it seems so sad that so many of these hot, young up-and-comings die off before they really get to be enjoyed--or just die too young, period!

I?m not entirely sure what my first exposure to muscle and muscle growth is. It?s funny, I can?t seem to remember at all what my first sightings were even though plenty of other, older guys have been able to remember their own and help each other remember theirs!

Well, I think for muscle growth, my first sighting was probably when I was 4 or 5 or something. It was either the first or second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, can't remember for sure, that scene towards the end, when Shredder ingests that small vial of the ooze and grows huge. The funny thing is, even at that young age, I wanted to see him drink more--like one of those foot-long containers we see early in the movie! Wow, I must always have been a macrophile?. It?s a pity that scene is so short, he ends up killing himself pretty quickly (Roid rage? He turned into one beasty mofo, didn?t he?) and we actually don?t get to see the growth, just the before and after.

Another scene that comes to mind is that scene from Disney's Aladin, when Jafar becomes a genie. Again, dolefully short but he get's pretty muscular and huge, I guess, and at least this scene is an actual muscle growth scene.

Something I find interesting is that I, unlike what seems to be the majority of people on this site, did not grow up on the Incredible Hulk and his transformations. I am just that young, it seems. In fact, I didn?t even meet the Hulk until I was at least 13 and I saw some re-runs on the Sci-Fi channel. Also, I?ve was reared in awe of ?Arnold,? since nowadays there is such a plethora of available hunks, studs, and models to choose from, many nameless it seems, that it seems implausible to follow any one name and person anymore.

Oh, finally, I think my first encounter with muscle and the subsequent appreciation occurred when I was hardly even 6 or so, though quite possibly younger still, and I saw a brief piece of a bodybuilding competition on TV. I?m laughing to myself as I realize I?ve one-up?d several people already: unlike some of the people who have posted about the awe they felt covertly looking at a muscle mag or some such thing, in which static images of musclemen adorn the pages en masse, my first introduction to the male musculature was a real, moving person on TV. Muscle in motion always seems to have an uncanny surprise that beats out the seeming blockiness of posed photo layouts, I guess that the way the lines and bulges of the muscles are able to move and shift so fluidly defies what one would mentally come to expect. Anyway, I seem to remember a man and a woman on TV commenting on how big one guy being featured on camera at the time was and how strong he must be. The only thing I can recall with any certainty, however, is that I was in awe of the man, of his apparent power, and also of his effect on people of both genders.

Well, that?s it for now, kiddies! I?ll see if I can remember anything more later!

Things happen.

Last edited by sexiscriptor; June 30th, 2004 at 10:47 PM.
  #102   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexiscriptor
Another scene that comes to mind is that scene from Disney's Aladin, when Jafar becomes a genie. Again, dolefully short but he get's pretty muscular and huge, I guess, and at least this scene is an actual muscle growth scene.
There's also another quick muscle scene in Aladdin, during the "parade" the genie really buffs Aladdin up to impress the onlookers! In fact it seems that for several of the animated features (starting with Beauty and the Beast) there is always some reference to someone with a lot of muscle...maybe we need a thread on animated muscle (again?).
  #103   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 5th, 2004, 04:16 PM

Disney

The thing with Disney's animation, is that although they have become much more mediocre in recent years, they put enough detail in for those scenes to be hot. In most animation, it can't get me going, because it is so unrealistic. Just my 2?.
  #104   Add to muscleUP2me's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:46 AM

muscleUP2me has disabled reputation
Thumbs up My First Muscle

Hi, new to this board (been lurking awhile) so I figure it's about time I chime in. A very potent moment in my life was watching the Sonny & Cher Show when I was five or six (?). There were two lines of flexing musclemen on pedestals. My mom was expressing her amazement, and I said "Oh, those muscles aren't real." Everyone admonished me quickly, "oh yes they are!" My gaze returned back to the black and white TV set, my eyes A LOT wider as I absorbed the awesome site of literally unbelievable muscle!

This defining moment is one main reason I believe that I am gay! I was so awestruck by the sight of these muscle men, that I craved more, and that desire continues today unabated.

I fondly remember a select few superman comics, sears catalogs (the underwear and weights sections were always good for a hunk), TV programs like The Incredible Hulk, and even an episode of The Love Boat with a muscle man bending steel bars. For some reason I don't remember seeing many Hercules movies. But there is an awesome scene in a movie that must be a Sampson movie, as he throws chains around a stone column, and pulls the chain through the six foot thick pillar of solid stone, ripping a massive palace off its foundations! He then gets outside for the classic image of him standing between the two main pillars at the entrance of the palace. Chains from his wrists stretch out and wrap around the massive pillars and he (after asking God for strength) pulls the pillars down and the rest of the palace tumbles into ruin! I need to rent some flicks to find out which one this is! (Anyone know?) I can't imagine that the man was Victor Mature. He just doesn't seem big enough as I remember (or would LIKE to imagine :-).

As far as muscle GROWTH goes... a good old flick is "The Three Stooges Meet Hercules" in which an average sized professor goes back in time with the Three Stooges, as they are aboard a slave ship, the professor become a huge muscle man, eventually rowing the ship in circles, despite the fact that he's the only one rowing on his side against all the other slaves on the other side! There's a couple of great close up shots as Curly (or was it Moe?) says "Wow! Look at THAT bicep!"

Ah... time to hit the video rental store!
  #105   Add to ilovemuscle1234's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 7th, 2004, 03:39 PM

ilovemuscle1234
Wow, I will definitely have to see that three stooges movie

Anyway, I think some of my favorite things to do when I was young was to watch professional wrestling (as noted in my post titled "Hot Clip"). It used to amaze me how big and strong these men were. I used to love to watch them flex, and then throw around their oppenents like rag dolls.

When I was little I saw the movie "Mr. Nanny" with Hulk Hogan... GREAT muscle movie. In the beginning there are three goons who are working for the bad guy of the film. Each of them with some unique skill (one's a karate master or something)... however, the third guy has a unique skill in that he has incredibly huge muscles and is amazingly strong. In one scene, they break into a computer lab to steal a secret computer chip. But when they get there, the code they have for the safe doesn't work. To eleviate the situation, the muscle man steps in, takes off his overcoat, and pulls the metal safe right out of the wall. After that, he hugs the safe and then twists it open with sheer brute force. It was an amazing sight to see as a young kid who had a borderline obsession with muscle men.

Superman 4 was also one of my favorite movies growing up. Who better to take on Superman but another super man? In retrospect the villain could have had bigger muscles, but he has little trouble flaunting what he's got. He even lifts superman overhead in one scene...YUM

Another memory is going over to my best friend's house when I was young and reading his WWF magazines, because they were filled with pictures of really hot men. I used to stare at them for hours and hours, and I vividly remember one layout where a very large bodybuilder affiliated with the WWF was showing off his progress by lifting another man and using him as a barbell. It was hot
  #106   Add to Notbigenuff's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:38 PM

Notbigenuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemuscle1234
Wow, I will definitely have to see that three stooges movie
Unfortunately, I will have to wish you good luck in finding it. I actually have "The Three Stooges Meet Hercules" on VHS but cannot find it on DVD. Though almost everything else with the Three Stooges is currently available this one is tough to find (same thing happened when I tried to find "Muscle Beach Party" --it finally came out as a "twofer" with "Ski Party').

Oh, and by the way, "The Three Stooges Meet Hercules" has always been one of my favorites--not for the plot, but for the scene that MuscleUP2me describes. It definitely made a lasting impression on me as a youth (still does as a more mature guy now!).
  #107   Add to NYCmscl4mscl's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM
NYCMscl4Mscl

NYCmscl4mscl is on a distinguished road
Great Memories!---Remember "Teenage Frankenstein"?

Wow--this thread is bringing back great memories...Just discovered--and joined--this site today. My first TV moment was "I Was a Teenage Frankenstein"--a 1950s science fiction movie that I saw as a re-run in the 70's---the mad scientist has constructed a young man and has him lifting weights and developing his body--very hot! Also, any more info on the "Love Boat" episode with the strongman bending steel bars??--must've missed that one....here in NYCity, we have the Museum of TV and Radio where every episode of every television show is reportedly available for viewing....now if there were a way to get stuff from there to this site!
  #108   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:35 PM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
Yeah, ditto on the milk commercial with the kid getting bigger as he explains the benefits. That is hands down my favorite/best of all the milk commercials. The only thing that bothered me about the commercial is how quickly it got dumb. Remember? At the end his head turns into a balloon. But yeah, the muscle growth was awesome. Does anyone have a clip they might be able to put on here...?

Last edited by Lover_Boy; September 8th, 2004 at 08:43 PM.
  #109   Add to Lover_Boy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:42 PM
A Lover of Muscle

Lover_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lover_Boy
Also, I forgot to mention, "Spider-Man". We all know the scene where he's flexing in the mirror. We didn't actually get to watch him grow. But seeing a hottie like Tobey Maguire with such a fabulous body was a definite turn-on!
  #110   Add to devenlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM

devenlf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to devenlf
Speaking of milk commercials, my first sighting was the milk commercial with the kid in front of the mirror. It shows him growing up from a kid into a hot, buff-bodied young man. If I remember correctly, he wasn't wearing a shirt and the end result is definatley a hottie. There hasn't been much mention of this particular milk commercial, nor have I EVER seen a clip of it shared anywhere on the internet. If anybody can locate it (believe me, I've went through most of tv-show recordings since I was a child, and unfortunately, I never saw it) it would be fantastic.
  #111   Add to divis24's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM

divis24
Boy, are you in luck! The guy who started the clipsharing thread, Angryleek, has a site with LOTS of great clips, including the Milk commercial you're talking about. Here's the link:

Clip sharing site link

The Milk one is about halfway down, I think. It's an AVI file, and luckily for me it's one of the ones that happens to play on my Mac.

Enjoy!

Divis24
  #112   Add to brent's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM

What's that one called? There are like, thousands of clips there.
  #113   Add to rockhopper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:36 PM

rockhopper
Send a message via AIM to rockhopper Send a message via Yahoo to rockhopper
Okay, sorry I'm joining thid one so late.

I'm glad to see that someone has already mentioned the movie Muscle Beach Party. Seeing that on TV was one of the first times I remember seeing bodybuilders and absolutely the first time I saw a guy bounce his pecs! I couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 (a good 11 to 12 years after the movie was made, BTW) and I remember being fascinated that this man could move a part of his body that wasn't "supposed" to move.

If we're talking muscle growth per se, it was an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon called Young Samson . It was about a young man who travelled around with his dog. When there was trouble, he could transform himself into a SuperStud with hugs muscles and other powers. His dog could turn into a lion (!) Anyhoo, I always foung Samson very hot!!!
  #114   Add to devenlf's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 10th, 2004, 10:56 AM

devenlf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to devenlf
I've been looking through there, and did find the file called milk.avi. That clip, however, isn't the one I was talking about... If the other one that I mentioned is in that list somewhere, could somebody please let me know the filename?

Thanks again,

Deven

Quote:
Originally Posted by divis24
Boy, are you in luck! The guy who started the clipsharing thread, Angryleek, has a site with LOTS of great clips, including the Milk commercial you're talking about. Here's the link:

Clip sharing site link

The Milk one is about halfway down, I think. It's an AVI file, and luckily for me it's one of the ones that happens to play on my Mac.

Enjoy!

Divis24
  #115   Add to divis24's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2004, 01:10 PM

divis24
Here's a site with clips from '60's cartoons, including a full 10-minute episode of "Young Samson and Goliath". The quality isn't great (I think the guy set up a camcorder in front of his TV), but it's enough for a nice trip down muscle-memory lane.

Cartoon clips

Young Samson is somewhere around 2/3 of the way down the page. There are some other superhero clips, too, throughout.

divis24
  #116   Add to rockhopper's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 11th, 2004, 04:59 PM

rockhopper
Send a message via AIM to rockhopper Send a message via Yahoo to rockhopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by divis24
Here's a site with clips from '60's cartoons, including a full 10-minute episode of "Young Samson and Goliath". The quality isn't great (I think the guy set up a camcorder in front of his TV), but it's enough for a nice trip down muscle-memory lane.

Cartoon clips

Young Samson is somewhere around 2/3 of the way down the page. There are some other superhero clips, too, throughout.

divis24
Wow! What a cool site! It was great to see Young Samson again--and some of my other faves from my misspent youth!
  #117   Add to Flexem4me's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 20th, 2004, 12:16 PM

Flexem4me is on a distinguished road
First muscle memories

I first remember noticing the big muscle men on the Wide World of Sports shows that first broadcast bodybuilding competitions. Early days Arnold, Lou Ferrigno, and the freakiest "grower" of them all, Sergio Oliva - wow, amazing hip to shoulder ratio. Turned me into much more of a "sports" fan than I ever intended to be...

I also remember the sitcom appearance of Dave Draper on The Beverly Hillbillies, and Denny Miller on Gilligan's Island - would search the reruns after school for them

Guess this all dates me, huh? LOL
  #118   Add to C.J.C.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:41 PM

C.J.C.
Jerry Mouse Muscle Growth

I just posted Jerry's Muscle Growth on the Cartoon Muscle Growth group on Yahoo
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Muscle_Cartoons/

Sorry for the crappy quality of the clip
C.J.
  #119   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 22nd, 2004, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexem4me
I first remember noticing the big muscle men on the Wide World of Sports shows that first broadcast bodybuilding competitions. Early days Arnold, Lou Ferrigno, and the freakiest "grower" of them all, Sergio Oliva - wow, amazing hip to shoulder ratio. Turned me into much more of a "sports" fan than I ever intended to be...

I also remember the sitcom appearance of Dave Draper on The Beverly Hillbillies, and Denny Miller on Gilligan's Island - would search the reruns after school for them

Guess this all dates me, huh? LOL
Yep, means you're nearly as old as I am (well, I've still got 2 yrs on you but close enough!) And, yeah, I remember those specific episodes of B.H. and G.I. and WWoS, too!

xoxo

richard
  #120   Add to ryoso's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM

ryoso is on a distinguished road
My magic moment came when watching Diff'rent Strokes as a young kid, maybe 6 years old. The episode was The Gymnasts where they meet the 1984 US men's gold medal gymnastics team. Sam wanted to see one of them flex his arm, and POW. I'd never seen something like that before: one huge arm straining a short-sleeve shirt. Wow, what I wouldn't give to see that again.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options