The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 2.05 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:45 AM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
What's the catch?

Okay, so since I've been getting a bit more open about wanting to get into bodybuilding, and am starting to show results, I've been chatting with a lot of guys, which is great.

Just recently, though, a dude messaged me on a forum somewhere and pretty much said "You've got a great frame to get huge! I'm ready to help buy you food, and what do you think about roids??"

Turns out, he says he can get me steroids for free, and "all" he wants is to watch me grow and hulk out and maybe play around a little, with me dominating him.

My 'too good to be true" alarms are blaring, but I'm wondering if this sort of thing happens often, what are the risks, is this a con, etc. I mean, I'm tempted, and am willing to take -some- risks to get bigger....but I really thought I wouldn't have to deal with this kind of thing until I was a little further along.

Do people just do this sort of thing, offering roids and supplements to watch a dude get big?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Yes, guys do this. No, they don't do it often.

You are right to be leary of offers to help with gear.
Roids are like bank loans: The bank only wants to give them to people who don't need them. If you're already a muscle monster who would merit this sort of attention from a muscle worshipper, proceed with CAUTION. If you're a nice guy who's been working out aand starting to look like you might actually lift... consider you might be the eager, easy mark of a con man.

Just my two cents.

BIG TIM
The Following User Says Thank You to BigLittleTim For This Useful Post:
The Magus (December 6th, 2012)
  #3   Add to schwermarko's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM

schwermarko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to schwermarko
Beware of candy from strangers, and gear 'aint all that expensive to pay for (the food to make good gear worthwhile is much more expensive)
The Following User Says Thank You to schwermarko For This Useful Post:
The Magus (December 6th, 2012)
  #4   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:45 AM

I told him now isn't the time for me....for whatever reason, my diet and workouts are locked in, and I wanna see what I can do with my own sweat and hard work.

In a few years, though.....

Thanks for the advice guys.
  #5   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
That sounded like a "too good to be true" moment. Really wish they would offer pro-hormones instead of steriods. . . they are safer and easier to get/afford.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #6   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM

Bigm999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragetiger View Post
That sounded like a "too good to be true" moment. Really wish they would offer pro-hormones instead of steriods. . . they are safer and easier to get/afford.
"Safer"? If you don't know or understand the biochemistry involved, please STOP trying to give advice.
  #7   Add to nzbodybuilder's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM

nzbodybuilder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigm999 View Post
"Safer"? If you don't know or understand the biochemistry involved, please STOP trying to give advice.
Exactly! Prohormones may work faster than injectables, may be easier to obtain, and undoubtly are much easier to administer (oral vs injectable), but the sides can be far more severe, and the gains will go much more quickly.

Please think carefully before posting something like that Bigm. You could very easily mislead some guys and cause them to do serious harm to themselves.
And if you genuinely thought this was true, I encourage you to do further reading to educate yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to nzbodybuilder For This Useful Post:
dclifters (December 23rd, 2012)
  #8   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 05:52 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzbodybuilder View Post
Exactly! Prohormones may work faster than injectables, may be easier to obtain, and undoubtly are much easier to administer (oral vs injectable), but the sides can be far more severe, and the gains will go much more quickly.
Very true. That's why I tend to lean on the pro-hormones, they even include instructions on proper cycling and dosing. Had a couple people wanting me to supply them (not here) and they were shocked when I told them to go to Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World and GNC.

If I cannot find it there, or Supplements Direct, I'm not going to touch it. I research what is sold and then try it out to see how my body reacts to it. If I seem to get a good result I will come back to it after a post cycle, if not. . .then it's not going to be bought again.

and by safer I was refering to the fact that prohormones give a detail dosing instruction on how often and how much you can take in a 24 hour period. I even had one that warned to be on milk thistle for a week prior to taking it. I'm not a fan of needles, so I won't touch injections. Plus I think only a doctor can give them.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
  #9   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragetiger View Post
Very true. That's why I tend to lean on the pro-hormones, they even include instructions on proper cycling and dosing. Had a couple people wanting me to supply them (not here) and they were shocked when I told them to go to Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World and GNC.

If I cannot find it there, or Supplements Direct, I'm not going to touch it. I research what is sold and then try it out to see how my body reacts to it. If I seem to get a good result I will come back to it after a post cycle, if not. . .then it's not going to be bought again.

and by safer I was refering to the fact that prohormones give a detail dosing instruction on how often and how much you can take in a 24 hour period. I even had one that warned to be on milk thistle for a week prior to taking it. I'm not a fan of needles, so I won't touch injections. Plus I think only a doctor can give them.
I.....just...... Jesus. I give up. There's so much wrong there I don't even know where to start. I guess neither I nor nzbodybuilder are going to make a dent.

Anybody who takes the dangerous, fool advice in this thread gets what they deserve I guess.
  #10   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:17 AM

Well, my lesson is "don't take roids from strangers, and do a lot more research before roids OR pro-hormones."

(For what it's worth, I'd feel more comfortable with steroids just because they've been around longer, and there is likely more data about their side-effects. From what I understand, the standards for what can be sold in a supplement or nutrition store are somewhat lax, so I can't take that as a seal of approval. In 10-20 years as pro-hormone technology is improved, maybe they will be a better choice......but since i could be way off base, I guess I'll just avoid the whole issue for now, eh?)
  #11   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
From what I understand, the standards for what can be sold in a supplement or nutrition store are somewhat lax, so I can't take that as a seal of approval.
Most guys seem very unclear: anabolic steroids are *scheduled* drugs. You will NOT get them in a supplement/nutrition store any more than cocaine or meth. Regardless of whatever a label says about "test boosting" or whatever nonsense, they are not anabolic steroids.

(Of course, this is based on the assumption you live in a western country. In places with looser regulations like Mexico, Thailand, etc you can go into a pharmacy and buy [usually] without a doctors prescription. But in those places the bigger worry is counterfeits and just plain fake junk).

To come back to your original question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magus View Post
Well, my lesson is "don't take roids from strangers...
Nah. Best roids are free roids. If you're prepared to, or do roids, there's nothing wrong with that. LOL. But it's very unlikely things will ever get to that point. I'll explain:

From time to time I get offers like that. I've lost count. Somebody wants to sponsor you. Food. Gym membership. All excited about roids. Usually have:

a) zero clue of the $$ amount involved. Unless you have thousands in disposable income, you're not sponsoring anybody.

b) zero access to or even an idea where to get steroids - and just completely clueless about the topic (being SHOCKED about doing injections, time and commitment involved, post-cycle-theraple, etc, etc.)

Now my default response when a guy is all excited about worship, growing and roids is "thats hot, get some bottles and we'll talk". You'll find the offer will end there. Online muscle worship types seem to have a really hard time separating reality from fantasy jerkoff. If you're happy to play along with the fantasy and you get off on the attention - sure go for it. It's harmless.

If you can get free roids out of a guy and you're happy to trade worship, domination, whatever, for it -- I say go for it. I'm just saying the chances of a legitimate offer are vanishingly small.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bigm999 For This Useful Post:
dclifters (December 23rd, 2012), nzbodybuilder (December 8th, 2012), SineOfSize (September 8th, 2013), The Magus (December 9th, 2012)
  #12   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:25 AM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
it seems to me that most who poasted here havent done their research on anabolics, pro hormones and other items like peptides etc. first nothing is for free and if your anabolics are legit depending where your getting from they are cheeper than pro hormones you get in the supplement stores. second the best anabolic in the world is insulin which in certain states you can get over the counter for about 25 dollars and that will lst you a long time. information is key yo everything and if you need reference sources then let me know.
  #13   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:20 PM

I think I'd go the testosterone route before I considered insulin. I've been doing some research since I first posted here, and while test isn't really a joke, at least there isn't a risk of going into a coma like there could be with insulin, even if it's my first time and even if I use a small dose.

Not to knock anyone who's used/is using/will use insulin, but for me the potential cost/benefit ratio doesn't seem appealing.

From what I've seen so far, the best starter cycle for me will be a pretty basic test + PCT. But, lucky for me, that's a ways off. I can wait a couple more years.
  #14   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:33 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
one would have to be a complete moron to do insulin wrong. there ids enough information out ther in serious forums to get you the corret way to use it. Also if your doing a basic beginner cycle depend on the dose pct is not always needed.. i have a few reference books avaiable if you need help.
  #15   Add to Bigm999's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:27 PM

Would be interested in which insulin references you like.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options