The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Where do you get your info?

Just curious where people get their info on training and muscle growth. I expect we all go to a few different sources, but as I'm looking deeper into it, I'm finding that there are HUGE differences out there, not just in the quality of information, but also in the cultures and communities (forums, tone of articles, etc). There's a big difference between T-Nation and Realjock, for example.

What sites are out there for the serious bodybuilder, and what do you like best about your favourite resources?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
I may be a bit more unconventional. I get most of my information and motivation through youtube channels of guys who are into fitness and/or bodybuilding. They share their workouts, what they eat, what supplements they've taken and their opinions on it, and so on and so forth. They're not all alike either. some are more into just living healthy and being fit. Some are more into the bodybuilding side. So I take bits and pieces from all of them to sort of give me ideas on what to try out.

My more conventional resource are of course bodybuilding type magazines. I tend to gravitate towards Muscle & Fitness more than anything else. It's basically for the same means. Gives me ideas on things to try out. And of course with both the mags and the youtube channels I love seeing the muscle. Especially on youtube when these guys grow bigger and stronger, and some get open enough to express how good it feels and how they just wanna keep gaining more size and strength. That's what really fires me up to train harder and do the same.
  #3   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM

I'm with you dodoria....youtube seems like a great resource, and I really appreciate the big guys who take the time to share their tips and tricks with us coming up behind them. My personal favourite are Antoine Vaillant's cooking shows, but there are a bunch of others from diet to good form to anything you could want.

The magazines were how I learned I was gay, once upon a time, but I don't read them much now...I always feel like their articles are more about selling me shit I don't need than actually helping me get fit, but maybe times have changed....
  #4   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM

Ack, meant to ask if you have any favourite channels?
  #5   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:59 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Forums, where I've learned who's opinions and advice to respect.
I also used to read a lot at t-nation.com. Thib's article 'the perfect rep' is a must-read, esp. at the strength building phase.
found it:
http://www.musclechemistry.com/uploa...rfect-rep.html
The Following User Says Thank You to inm For This Useful Post:
The Magus (December 11th, 2012)
  #6   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Right now my favourite youtube videos are the series "Training with Kai Greene". Kai is already an amazing man, but this series has him taking a new bodybuilder under his wing and going through a workout....there's a LOT of info from this guy...one of the commenters said he's part scholar, part silverback gorilla and that's not too far off.

The first part of the series is here
  #7   Add to dodoria21's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
growing muscle guy

dodoria21 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to dodoria21
Yea I've watched some Antoine Vaillant and Kai Greene stuff. Always inspirational.

Currently, my favorite youtubers are lesser known guys when it comes to the world of bodybuilding. I think because I feel like I can relate more with them. They were just average joes who got the bug and made great things happen, and now just want to pay it forward.

Campbell Fitness is probably my main go to guy. Guy is seriously well built despite being tall which is a challenge. Plus he has great information that he takes time to research and really understand the science behind it. He doesn't put out a video on something unless he is confident in his understanding about it, which makes his videos top notch I feel.

Also up there for me is Fusaro Fitness and Kevin Lisak Fitness. Not huge guys, but incredibly dedicated to what they do. Fusaro is quickly catching up to Campbell in terms of the quality of information. He's really studying the techniques needed to be successful. Lisak has become among my favorites recently because his dedication has grown and grown and therefore so has he. He competed in physique and now wants to transition into bodybuilding, and he is well on his way. He's been bulking and the gains he's achieved have inspired me more than I thought they would.

It's true I get a kick out of their muscle. That goes without saying on a forum like this, but for me it's so much more than that. These were just regular guys. Fusaro used to be a fatty like me. They represent that it doesn't matter if you feel you are just average or not special enough to make progress. We can all do it. So as much as I love the monsters like Vaillant or Greene, its guys like Campbell, Fusaro, and Lisak that truly boost my motivation, cuz they aren't so intimidating. They're just like us, and their main goal besides their own progress is helping others which I think is truly inspirational. Those are the guys I'm striving to be like now.
The Magus (December 11th, 2012)
  #8   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
there is a lot of mis information on you tuibe about diet, trainingm off season and contest prep. Most guy dont teach body biomechanics and continure the same incorrect bad form training . I would suggest you study kai green vids or jeff longs. study the form and control where they start and stop on a lift . Its the form and control and how you move the weight that will give you the results . If your trying ro bodybuild then you should be following bodybuilders not fitness guys. and the same for fitness guys not watching bodybuilders. different goals and results.
  #9   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM

The training with Kai Green vids are great and I've noticed a change in how I approach my workouts since watching them. There is a distinction, though, in training when on roids and when not....what works best for recovery and nutrition are different for people who are "natural" and who aren't, so I think it's a good idea to keep that in mind. If I tried to work out exactly like Kai Green I would injure myself right now....but his thoughts on focus and attention to biomechanics are solid no matter what your situation.

Even though he's more fitness and strength-focused, I like Omar Isuf ("Chef Buff") here...he does his research, includes footnotes, and covers a lot of subjects with a rational approach. He's a little "high energy" sometimes, but I got used to that pretty quickly.

You raised a good point BigJoey that a lot of videos are crap. What do you look for to see if someone is giving quality information?
  #10   Add to cohzaku's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:02 AM

cohzaku is on a distinguished road
Bodybuilding.com...the forum, not the articles, especially in regards to nutrition.

Form, I use a combination of videos, and the trainer/teacher at the college.

Workouts, I basically use common sense. Strength-based during a cut, high volume high intensity during a bulk, the exact focus depending on my specific goals at the time.
  #11   Add to BIGJOEY's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:53 PM

BIGJOEY is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BIGJOEY
for the record it doesnt matter if your using or not the form and control on the rqnge of motition doenst change. If your bodybuilding than you need to approcah it that way. If your looking for fitness then its a different style of training. most guys who think they are bodybuilding are just weight lifting or more fitnes. As for forums if the person can provide research infor or other such info its usless. If your serious them you need to study the seriosu guys in the sport who train correct , who dont get injured and get big with correct form.
study kai green
james flex lewis
antoion valliant and his trainer
alexie lesukov
andrey skoromny
roman fritz
jeff long

study their form and you will get the idea

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic