The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Muscled6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:24 AM

Muscled6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Question Donating Blood After Cutting???

Anyone else ever have this happen? I've cut bodyfat down to just under 12% and been maintaining it while gaining muscle weight. Currently 207 pounds, same weight as last time I donated in 2011 when my bodyfat was 18%. Been donating almost annually for years, never had a problem. About 10 minutes after donating yesterday, my blood sugar crashed and I blacked out for a few seconds. This was after my usual two healthy breakfasts of complex carbs, fruit and protein (ok, there was the usual cup of coffee). I drank extra water prior to donating. My trainer said he wasn't surprised. Scared me good tho! Feeling ok today, just tired. Missed training yesterday, taking today off too.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Amarion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:43 AM

Amarion is on a distinguished road
I personally think that you shouldn't really donate blood after this type of situation because you have already lost blood.
Take care of your food as much as you can and take proper rest that will help you in getting the lost amount of blood back.
  #3   Add to steroidk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 16th, 2013, 10:13 AM
steroidk

steroidk is on a distinguished road
Smile Heart-healthy eating plan

If you're looking for a heart-healthy eating plan, the Mediterranean diet might be right for you. The Mediterranean diet incorporates the basics of healthy eating ? plus a splash of flavorful olive oil and perhaps even a glass of red wine ? among other components characterizing the traditional cooking style of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea.Most healthy diets include fruits, vegetables, fish and whole grains, and limit unhealthy fats. While these parts of a healthy diet remain tried-and-true, subtle variations or differences in proportions of certain foods may make a difference in your risk of heart disease.
  #4   Add to Amarion's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 17th, 2013, 05:20 AM

Amarion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarion View Post
I personally think that you shouldn't really donate blood after this type of situation because you have already lost blood.
Take care of your food as much as you can and take proper rest that will help you in getting the lost amount of blood back.
Any comments?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options