The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Clothes- the Eternal Struggle.

After moving a few more shirts to the "maybe will fit after I'm done cutting" box, one of my friends in the gym today asked, "What size shirt to you wear?"
"XXL," I replied.
Then he tossed me a black nylon polo shirt that he had purchased by mistake.
"I thought you could wear it- I was trying to think of who I knew who was big enough for it."
It fits fine.
For now...
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bulkybud For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 19th, 2013), GTlifter (May 19th, 2013), jtchef (May 21st, 2013), Mdlftr (May 19th, 2013), nnnrg (May 19th, 2013), Ragetiger (May 19th, 2013), stronguns (May 23rd, 2013), vlad (May 19th, 2013)
  #2   Add to vlad's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM

vlad is on a distinguished road
Bulkybud, your posts are the best! That is a great feeling though, of wearing something that fits differently than before. That happens a lot this time of year, as people get their summer clothes out again.

I really wish we could see some pics of you in these tight clothes!
  #3   Add to GTlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM
In Serious Mode

GTlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GTlifter Send a message via Yahoo to GTlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkybud View Post
After moving a few more shirts to the "maybe will fit after I'm done cutting" box, one of my friends in the gym today asked, "What size shirt to you wear?"
"XXL," I replied.
Then he tossed me a black nylon polo shirt that he had purchased by mistake.
"I thought you could wear it- I was trying to think of who I knew who was big enough for it."
It fits fine.
For now...
I need to construct one of those it's probably why I hold onto so many shirts for a while mentally getting ready for that. I have had to move a lot of nice shirts and shirts that I have gotten from great events to the won't fit pile anymore. My waist differential to my thighs (35 to 30) has me always buying jeans with 40 inch waist to make sure they are big enough for my legs and even then they can be a bit tight.

As for shirts well I'm in that awkward stage between 2XL and 3XL where the 2XL can be rather tight especially in the arms and shoulders and across the back but 3XL are just a little too roomy. So I live with the tight 2XLs for now.

A tailor is a must if you want to be big and work in financial services, I already have a good relationship with mine and he has great prices thank god and he always laugh when I visit with a new garment that needs to be altered. "Well if it isn't my favorite musclebound subject," or my mother saying "Please don't explode out of your clothes."

There have been times where all I was doing was pointing at a building and a dress shirt has given into my size and just ripped up the arm or back like my favorite white shirt did two weeks ago. I love it and although expensive more than a few friends made comments. "See that's what you get for training your body as intensely as you train your mind" I couldn't help but smile.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GTlifter For This Useful Post:
amauiguy (May 19th, 2013), arpeejay (May 19th, 2013), BB501s (May 19th, 2013), Hirsuited (July 23rd, 2013), hulkoutlvr (May 19th, 2013), milwmuscleguy (May 20th, 2013)
  #4   Add to Tallguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Eat, Train, Sleep, Repeat

Tallguns is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tallguns
2xl

I have taken to ordering my gym clothes online. A few times I made the mistake of listening to reviews. This one guy assured in his review that he was tall and big and that the XL size tank hung down to his mid thigh. Needless to say, I had to return the XL. Even the XXL is spiderman tight. Now I just order the largest size available and cross my fingers. At 6'4" and 280, I don't want to feel like a sausage in my workout clothes. For you big guys, I've found that " Monster" brand ribbed tanks are awesome.
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
A size down, but the same story....

I started out in my early 20s wearing an "M" and feeling all studly.

Then I gradually grew to "L" (thank you, wide shoulders from swimming) and then an "XL". Last summer I was trying on wind breakers at REI, which is a store with high quality sports/outdoor clothing, and I put on my "usual" XL.

Ummpf! I can't bend my arms across my chest without feeling like a sausage! All that chest and shoulder and arm work is really paying off!

"XXL" is it! And it fits me like I'm used to having the "XL" fit. It does NOT fit me like a sail, but, rather, like it's supposed to fit. I'm 6'3" and 212-215# at the moment, and growing in the right direction!

YEAH!

Don't you just LOVE muscle growth!!

Mdlftr
The Following User Says Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
stronguns (May 24th, 2013)
  #6   Add to inm's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM

inm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to inm
Heck, I started wanting to fit smaller and smaller cloths, being fat most of my sinful youth at my leanest, I was about 69 kg (152 lb) (6'2).
Then I grew fat again, and then I started training ! most XL's now fit my chest well/slightly tight.
When I ordered, 2 weeks ago, some shirts that were promised to be American XL, I realized my summer cutting phase should better work if I want to fit into those!
  #7   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:17 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
the great clothes dilemma. Been having trouble myself wanting sleeveless stretch shirts for the gym but finding the 3XL at walmart has become a problem. I can find a few of the 2XL but I fear ripping them while I train. I did break down and got the 2XL sleeveless just to replace the few that are starting to fall apart.

right now the normal shirts are still XL only cause the 2 XL are too baggy, though now the XL sleeves are growing tight around the arms .

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options