The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to dreamingdaily's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:55 AM

dreamingdaily is on a distinguished road
Dreamingdaily's Transformation

Hey guys- so I finally decided that it was time to stop researching about bodybuilding and fantasising about transforming my body, and time to actually do it.

I'm 25, 6ft, 210lbs, 28 per cent estimated body fat percentage. My first goal is to get down to around 170-180 by the end of the year, get totally lean enough to see my abs etc., and then do a clean bulk up. I don't have an upper limit on how big I'd like get in the long term. The idea of taking it to a freaky level doesn't scare me.

Example daily food intake:

Breakfast: oats, weetabix...
Lunch: chicken and salad, ham salad sandwiches, soup...
Dinner: chicken and rice, salads, pork and vegetables, stir fry...
Snacks: Bananas, Apples, Almonds
Drinks: Water, occasionally tea.

Workout plan:
Monday to Friday: 40 mins cardio, generally jogging.
Monday, Weds and Fri: Bodyweight exercises/dumbells:

3 sets x 10 reps:
Squats, Crunches, Push-ups, Bicep curls, shrugs, bent-over rows.

I'm actually going back to college in September, so going to register with the gym there (although never been in a gym in my life!). Hoping I can make some progress over the summer before I go. Pics to follow when I have some progress to show!

Anyway, just wanted to post a dairy of my transformation somewhere- hopefully some of you more experienced guys can give my some advice on improving my diet/workout as required. Encouragement always greatfully recieved.

Also like the idea of working long-term with a specific online coach. Hit me up at dreamingdaily on YIM if interested.

Lets go.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to ashland's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:21 PM
The smart jock

ashland is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashland Send a message via Yahoo to ashland
Your diet looks good, and your exercise plan will work for you until you can start doing some real lifting. Maybe instead of 40 minutes of cardio, do 15-20 minutes of HIIT; I've heard it works wonders.

My main concern is that your weight loss goal may be too high. 50 lbs in five months? It's healthiest to lose around 1-2 lbs per week.
  #3   Add to dreamingdaily's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:10 AM

Thanks for your reply Ash.

Getting down to 170-180 is only 30lb-40lbs of weight loss... given that there are about 15-20 weeks until the end of the year, that works out at about 2lb loss a week. It may be difficult to maintain that rate of loss, especially when I start getting down towards my goal weight, but it's always good to have an ambitious but achieveable target.

I think you could be right on the HIIT though- I'll take it look at it for sure.
  #4   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:29 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingdaily View Post
Thanks for your reply Ash.

Getting down to 170-180 is only 30lb-40lbs of weight loss... given that there are about 15-20 weeks until the end of the year, that works out at about 2lb loss a week. It may be difficult to maintain that rate of loss, especially when I start getting down towards my goal weight, but it's always good to have an ambitious but achieveable target.

I think you could be right on the HIIT though- I'll take it look at it for sure.
You might also want to speak to Andrew Merrifield who lives in Halifax and was a bodybuilder par excellence in the latter part of the noughties.
  #5   Add to dreamingdaily's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM

Cheers mate, I've already taken a look at his website. Some good advice there.
  #6   Add to dreamingdaily's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:18 AM

Well, one week into my transformation (having started last Friday), and things seem to have started well.

Starting weight last Friday was 212lbs, got weighed this morning at 208lbs. Obviously not expecting such a drastic change every week, but I know at the beginning you can lose a lot of water weight as your body adapts.

Now on to some well-earned rest for the weekend (keeping the diet tight) before getting back into it on Monday.

It's going to be a long journey, but at least I've taken the first step.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options