The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Muscle Growth Media
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Muscle Growth Media Registered Members Only: Remember seeing The Hulk literally bust out of his clothes on TV as a kid? Talk about other muscle growth sightings in the movies, television, websites and other media. View and post before & after bodybuilding progress photos, morphs, illustrations and other male muscle growth-themed media.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tjstoys's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:10 AM

tjstoys is on a distinguished road
Another Week another muscle guy gone!

R.I.P. Derek Anthony! His Cancer was to much, he fought a good fight but it wasn't enough.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to tjstoys For This Useful Post:
/\/\usclekid (December 10th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:16 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Derek Anthony not dead, apparently survived Heart Attack in November 2013

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...97475812_n.jpg

Apparently he is on renal dialysis. He is still alive. Apparently his online personality is so off putting that people are actually implying that he deserves whatever he is suffering now. See:

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ny-Dead/page12

Here's some information about the guy....

Birthday: June 5, 1981
Height: 5 feet 10 inches
Weight: 240 lbs.
(shape maintained year-round)
Chest: 54 inches
Arms: 22 inches
Calves: 20 inches
Thighs: 29 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Home: Long Island, New York

DEREK ANTHONY'S BIOGRAPHY

The thrill of competition and the hard work and desire to constantly improve myself, mind, body and soul, has long been the focus that guides my life.

For as long as I can remember, my ambition to be the very best at whatever I attempted has always been ingrained in my being. Like many other boys growing up on Long Island, New York, my first goal, was to be the most outstanding baseball player in every league that I competed and to eventually become the most valuable player on the field of a professional baseball team.

This vision which I worked long and hard to obtain, started in little league at the age of six, and continued into my junior year in high school. That summer, I suffered an ankle injury which threatened my baseball career, however, I was determined to rehabilitate the ankle and get back on the field as my senior season approached. As the ole saying goes, "everything happens for a reason.? At the time, little did I know that this injury was a foreshadowing sign, one which drove me to the gym for extensive rehabilitation workouts. The entire summer I was in the gym working out, not only the ankle injury but to strengthen my over-all body in general. As the long hours in the gym wore on, I noticed that my size and strength began to increase. At 17 years old the results were becoming more evident day by day. My love for the game of baseball began to drift as the love of the art of bodybuilding began to alter my dreams and give me a new goal in life..... To become a bodybuilder!

Bodybuilding fascinated me from the beginning. Watching and analyzing the muscles progress through the rigors of hard work, exercise, diet and recovery. The challenges of adding weight after weight to become, not only bigger, but proportionately defined and cut, increased my desire to become the best.
During the past three years, bodybuilding has become my central focus; eating, sleeping and dreaming of the art of bodybuilding with the ultimate dream of attaining my pro card. Now at 26 years old, I can see my potential, but I also realize that I have a lot to learn. But with more a focused attitude and more hard work and discipline, I know the possibilities are endless.

Teaching has always interested me; sharing what I have learned with others. So this may be my ultimate destination. I have acquired three certificates in Personal Training and a four-year degree in Anatomy and Physiology with a minor in Health.
My love and desire for bodybuilding has completely engrossed my life. The long hours that I put into training have reaped its benefits and totally been worth the struggles and effort.

I would like to thank everyone who has given me their support and guidance helping me to obtain my website. My mother and father (who I love and respect more than anything), my brothers, Dennis and Ryan, my sister-in-law Tracey, my goddaughter, the beautiful Alex, and my very good friends Michael LiPuma, Mark Mueller, Charles Moser CEO OF GAT, Dave Palumbo and Colette Nelson. And I would like to dedicate this website in loving memory of my idol and friend, my grandfather, Tony Letterel.

The art of bodybuilding evolves everyday. Unfortunately, the world of
bodybuilding has still not yet reached the masses. I want to help anyone that has a dream; whether it is a dream like mine or one on a different scale. Bodybuilding is what you make it. You will only get out of it what you put into it. As I said, the sport is evolving and growing rapidly, as the amount of people in the world, striving each day to improve their health by exercising, increases.

I am currently 26 years of age with 7% body fat while maintaining a year round weight of 240 lbs. I have combined my skills and knowledge as a personal trainer, a dietitian, supplement guru and competitive boxer, with the hope that these pieces will lend themselves to the complete puzzle.

Over the years I have cultivated my idols; such as Jay Cutler, Dave Palumbo, Arnold Schwarzenegger. These individuals are the ultimate specimens that define bodybuilding as a way of life and I sincerely admire them.

Well I hope this brief introduction has given you some insight into my life. Basically, my philosophy about the sport can be summed up in following statements ? Everybody is different. No two people are the same. It?s all in the eyes of the beholder?and the Art of Bodybuilding.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.p...ch=77530;image
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:34 AM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Correction: Derek Anthony IS dead as of Dec. 9. 2013

Apparently he survived a heart attack in November, then passed away yesterday, Dec. 9, 2013. Age 32.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...-Derek-Anthony

He was on dialysis but was that close to a kidney transplant when they found a tumor on his liver.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mdlftr For This Useful Post:
/\/\usclekid (December 10th, 2013), BBMikeNJ (December 10th, 2013)
  #4   Add to Gymini29's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:35 AM

Gymini29 is on a distinguished road
I am sorry to see any person in pain, regardless of any personality issues. ( too often people take self confidence as arrogance anyway.) Besides, that body on that "onstage" persona" was a bit of turn on. Prayers to him and the family.

Namaste

gymini29
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gymini29 For This Useful Post:
arpeejay (December 10th, 2013), JeffXeno (December 10th, 2013), ydt81 (December 10th, 2013)
  #5   Add to suma's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM

suma is on a distinguished road
Is he the guy that appeared in some vids with Zeb Atlas?
  #6   Add to /\/\usclekid's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM

/\/\usclekid is on a distinguished road
He was a member here. It's sad he passed away. He was young. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. When he first burst onto the internet over ten years ago he looked unhealthy. He already had a large gut at that time. I didn't follow him but looking at the MD forum it looks like he bragged about how much steroids and other drugs he took which confirms what I thought from the beginning.
  #7   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Damn. I really thought Derek was a very decent guy and his health deteriorated really fast! I saw a video of him last month with his daughter i think and he looked so bad.
  #8   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
Wow, to be honest he was like one of my big internet crushes. There was a photoshoot of him where he was standing naked, and I remember the thing that impressed me more than his big muscles, nice piece and his amazing legs was just how insanely hot the man was. I am really sorry to see him go, not only because of the muscle thing but because he also seemed a nice consistent guy as well.
  #9   Add to The Magus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 02:22 PM

The Magus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to The Magus
Quote:
Originally Posted by //usclekid View Post
He was a member here. It's sad he passed away. He was young. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. When he first burst onto the internet over ten years ago he looked unhealthy. He already had a large gut at that time. I didn't follow him but looking at the MD forum it looks like he bragged about how much steroids and other drugs he took which confirms what I thought from the beginning.
Of course you're not surprised. No one is ever "surprised" when a bodybuilder dies, and in the next breath they talk about the bodybuilder's drug use.

Why aren't you going around to all of the hundreds of living bodybuilders expressing your surprise that they're still alive?

We can look at statistics and make generalisations about populations of people, but when it comes down to one individual, your opinions about his death are uninformed and kind of offensive. There is no way to say how or why he developed cancer. Unless you were actually looking at the first cancerous cells and were watching to see what reactions were happening, you have no idea if his drug use had any part in his death.

Implying that it does gives the impression that you think he deserved to die as a consequence of his actions, an example of the "just world" fallacy.

Sometimes people get cancer and die and it has NOTHING to do with their actions, their choices, or who and what they were. Derek is not only a statistic, he was a complex human being and an individual, and your unfounded speculation about why he died is out of place in what is basically a memorial thread.

Short version: Don't assign blame to the victim of a horrible disease while other people are mourning their loss.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Magus For This Useful Post:
Curiosity (December 11th, 2013), GlamRockCowboy (December 11th, 2013), nnnrg (December 11th, 2013)
  #10   Add to Lucas88's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:22 PM

Lucas88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucas88
Quote:
Originally Posted by suma View Post
Is he the guy that appeared in some vids with Zeb Atlas?
That was Mark Dalton.
  #11   Add to nnnrg's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM

nnnrg is on a distinguished road
I really hate cancer. I have lost too many friends and loved ones to that disease, the most recent only a week ago, and Derek Anthony was still quite young.

Oncologists are getting to the point where they are finally understanding enough about how it works that they can kill it with specific cellular targeted remedies based on what kinds of cells it is and how their control systems broke down, but it's likely that there won't be a "cure" for cancer for another decade or more. There are so many different kinds of cells that can go wrong in so many different ways, that it's not going to be possible to come up with one simple therapy that works.

Requescat im pacem, Mr. Anthony.
  #12   Add to anpuZA's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 12th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Come up 2 the lab

Thanked 1,280 Times in 508 Posts
anpuZA will become famous soon enough
I saw an interesting youtube video where they asked a theoretical physicist to look at cancer and draw his conclusions about it. He commented that it looked almost like the cells stopped co-operating and reverted back to before multicellular co-operative evolution. In other words it's every cell for himself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options