The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:59 PM

Curiosity is on a distinguished road
Broken Thread

FleXodus (or anyone who might have a suggestion or solution),

The "tight shirts" thread in the Muscle Growth Media section won't load all the way. It won't scroll down past mdlftr's post #692. This is the only thread I'm having this trouble with. All of the content up to that point loads, but it acts as though any posts made after that (I know there are at least 2) just don't exist. Also, the quick reply box and everything that's usually at the bottom of the page just isn't there.

Is there anything that can be done to fix a thread that's acting up like this?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 8th, 2014, 02:47 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
FleXodus (or anyone who might have a suggestion or solution),

The "tight shirts" thread in the Muscle Growth Media section won't load all the way. It won't scroll down past mdlftr's post #692. This is the only thread I'm having this trouble with. All of the content up to that point loads, but it acts as though any posts made after that (I know there are at least 2) just don't exist. Also, the quick reply box and everything that's usually at the bottom of the page just isn't there.

Is there anything that can be done to fix a thread that's acting up like this?
*Raises hand*

*cough*

Uh, I think that's my fault. I was fooling around with HTML code in the posting about "too big for his favorite shirt." I copied the video link from above and I changed the size of the video. Unfortunately, I didn't stop there. I then tried to explain how I changed the size by copying and pasting some, but not all, of the code. I inadvertently put up the beginning of a string "<" but did not put the second part. That seems to have rendered everything posted after that as a null value, since it is not visible.

When I click on the page, I can see where the mistake is on line 4276, but I can't get to the "edit" button and make any changes. I already sent Flexodus a link.

iframe width="1280" height="720" to 640 and 360, respectively! That brought down the video size to a manageable one for the page.

Sorry...*hangs head*

Mdlftr

Last edited by Mdlftr; March 8th, 2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Mea culpa
  #3   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM

No worries, Mdlftr. These things happen, and what's important is that we're aware and figuring it out.
  #4   Add to fleXodus's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:30 PM
MuscleGrowth.org

fleXodus is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads-up. I was able to repair the thread, but I had to delete the specific thread that Mdlfter had posted that contained the conflicting HTML code since it was preventing the rest of the page from loading. I wasn't able to edit the post from the page either, since the buttons weren't even loading for me. But, all is good now!

Flexodus
  #5   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleXodus View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for the heads-up. I was able to repair the thread, but I had to delete the specific thread that Mdlfter had posted that contained the conflicting HTML code since it was preventing the rest of the page from loading. I wasn't able to edit the post from the page either, since the buttons weren't even loading for me. But, all is good now!

Flexodus
Great! Thanks for fixing this! I couldn't find the buttons either, so I couldn't undo the size change.

Mdlftr
  #6   Add to Curiosity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 10th, 2014, 08:21 PM

Thanks, FleXodus!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image