The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Steroids
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Steroids General information, discussion and experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to re-flex's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 05:52 PM

re-flex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to re-flex
Swelling Around Injection Site

Hey guys I've been a bodyubuilding for some time now and feel fairly copmpetent in most repects when it comes to cycles. But there is one question that has always eluded my trainer, GP and myself when it comes to injecting Sustanon. I have tried several types of gear but feel that Sustanon provides the best mix of quick and long acting testosterone.
The problem is in almost 70% of cases I experivence swelling and pain around the injection site. I use a clean needle for drawing and one for injecting, The gear is in ampules and come highly recommended. The site is swabbed thoroughly before and after each shot. The redness, heat and swelling can last up to 9 days at a time leaving a hard lump/haematoma which sometimes seroiusly impacts my training. Alternating sides ( I use the upper outside hind quarter of my glute mostly) or sites to smaller muscles (triceps biceps pecs) becomes difficult as injecting into other muscle sites yield the same results.
My trainer and training partner does not have the same problem with the same gear and is astounded at times in the adverse reaction I get. My access to gear is relatively limited so there is little opportunity for me to experiment with other products. And what I do get is relatively expensive.
If this is a normal reaction I am more than prepared to tough it out. The discomfort is well worth the results. I am just curious about other experiences and maybe some techniques and advice that may help shorten it's effects.
I am just about to start preparing for my next competition Nov 15 2008 and am looking to hit it hard. I'm Currently 5'6 191 44c 30w 17.5b 26q 16calv 32yo. I want to hit the stage as close to 200lbs competition ready.
Any feedback and or advice is always greatly appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Keep pumping and never give up!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to traveller's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2008, 12:22 AM

traveller
Quote:
Originally Posted by re-flex View Post
The problem is in almost 70% of cases I experivence swelling and pain around the injection site. I use a clean needle for drawing and one for injecting, The gear is in ampules and come highly recommended. The site is swabbed thoroughly before and after each shot. The redness, heat and swelling can last up to 9 days at a time leaving a hard lump/haematoma which sometimes seroiusly impacts my training. ...
My trainer and training partner does not have the same problem with the same gear and is astounded at times in the adverse reaction I get.
'

I'm not a medical professional, so please take my comments with a ton of salt. Do you swab the ampules before breaking (opening?) them? I've only used vials with rubber stoppers, so I have no experience using ampules. Before I draw from a vial, I thoroughly swab the rubber stopper with alcohol. I also wonder if you have an allergic reaction to the various substances in that version of sustanon. My doctor prescribes testosterone cypionate from a compounding pharmacy that apparently uses materials that do not cause any noticeable reactions. I have noticed that 3 ml/cc injections sometimes leave lumps in my medial/rear hip and glute areas. I try to massage the injection site after the injection, and I also roll on those lumps with a foam roller although I really don't notice much improvement after the massage/rolling.

If you have the means to get the sustanon analyzed, maybe you figure out if you're allergic to one or more of the ingredients.

Good luck,

traveller
  #3   Add to wbhunk's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:10 PM

wbhunk is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wbhunk Send a message via Yahoo to wbhunk
Sustanon was originally designed to be a once-a-month testosterone shot, so it has a mixture of test compounds in it with varying molecular length -- the short ones break down and release testosterone faster, while the long ones take longer to break down and thus release testosterone slower. The combination of long and short is what gives it its sustained action (hence, the name sustanon).

Problem is, the longer the molecular chain, the less soluble the compound, so more longer chains mean you have to add more alcohols to keep the mixture in solution -- and a lot of times, that extra alcohol in the injection will trigger a reaction like the one you're describing.

For future reference, you might want to look at using different testosterone esters, i.e. propionate or cypionate, that are shorter chains; you have to inject them more frequently because they break down faster, but you don't have to inject as much, and they contain proportionately less alcohol. You'd probably want to avoid enanthate or decoanate, since those are very long chain and tend to have lots of alcohol.
  #4   Add to eiweiss's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 4th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Muscle grower

eiweiss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eiweiss
Just inject VERY slowly so that the liquid has time to dissipate between the muscle fibres. In literature, 1ml per 1 minute for oily liquids. You can do it even slower. If you feel a "pressured" sensation, then it's no good, as this means tissue compression --> less blood flow --> inflamation, especially with some foreign substance (roids) around. If that doesn't help, get another brand, as correclty noted by wbhunk, as some others may contain less alcohol. Alergic reactions to the used oils are VERY rare as the would look completely different.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options