The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to buffdude4747's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM

buffdude4747 is on a distinguished road
Supp advice?

i just got a new supplement but im not sure about hte right way to use it. B4 or after a workout.
the supplement is NOW Lean Grow
thanks
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffdude4747 View Post
i just got a new supplement but im not sure about hte right way to use it. B4 or after a workout.
the supplement is NOW Lean Grow
thanks
That's a brand name not what the supplement is--more information is needed in order to help you. What is it--creatine, protein?
  #3   Add to buffdude4747's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM

its protein
  #4   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffdude4747 View Post
its protein
Right after a workout have a protein shake, also protein supplements are good when you need to get in an extra meal and you do not have time to eat real food. Remember protein powders are supplemental not a replacement for healthy home cooked food. Often the ingredients --which is what I was asking for--are full of sugar and other stuff that is not optimum for bodybuilding.
  #5   Add to buffdude4747's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:34 PM

it's got a combo of whey, soy, and egg protein. Is it good for cardio workouts as well?
  #6   Add to BigLittleTim's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:47 PM
Big man in Boston

BigLittleTim has disabled reputation
Glad your investigating the protein supplement route. There are a lot of expensive powders out there, but if you do a little research you'll find you can get all your nutrition needs without going broke.

Whey protein, one of the most popular among bodybuilders, is a FAST ACTING protein. It is absorbed by your body very quickly, and is therefore ideal for IMMEDIATELY after your workout. Your ideal PWO meal (post work-out) is a combination of 60 grams Whey protein, 25-30 grams Dextrose (Glucose), and Creatine. Take this IMMEDIATLEY after you work out. I prepare mine in a shaker-cup and mix it up as I'm heading out the locker room after my workout. This is when your muscles are most stressed and are looking to suck up nutrition like a sponge. The Creatine acts to help "shuttle" protein and other nutrients into your muscle cells. The job of Insulin (the most anabolic substance in your body) is also to shuttle nutrients to your body's cells. The Dextrose (available in bulk discount on-line) "spikes" your insulin after working out and together with the Creatine helps get all that available protein into your muscles.

Another protein you might find helpful is Casein Protein. This is a SLOWLY digested protein and should be taken before you retire for the evening. This gives your muscles something to live on, and avoid going catabolic, during the eight hours you're asleep.

Investigate on-line sources for your protein powders. GNC is generally a rip-off, even with their "gold card discount." For instance: "Celltech", a post work-out beverage, is basically just Whey protein, Dextrose, and Creatine with a little Kool-Aid thrown in. You can make your own PWO shake for a fraction of the price of "Celltech".

Most of the rest of your nourishment should come from good old-fashioned solid food: lean steak, chicken, fish, yams, brown rice, egg whites, green veggies, etc.

Good luck buddy.

Hit me up with a PM if you need any information on where to buy these supplements.

-BigLittleTim

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options