The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ayakitayama's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM

ayakitayama is on a distinguished road
Question Cool lines when someone notice YOU're huge?

Since I started working out 5 years ago I put on 65 lb and went from somewhat skinny-athletic to,... well, let's say the buff side of humanity. Especially in my country (Europe) where there are not much buff guys.

As I have huge shoulders (never train them but they overpower other bodyparts and get some training when doing exercises that do not target them particularly...) it's very hard to conceal, although I try to, and I get comments very often, like the flower lady telling me I look like a chippendale, collegues from works making allusions related to my muscles at least once a week, and more generally, two out of three people I met have to ask me if I'm a rugbyman or comment as to how impressive I look.

Last time it was during a poker game evening with mates when a glass of wine was spilled over my "concealing" shirt and I had to change in one of my mate's T-shirt, who, even though he is as tall as me, isn't as big. I took the biggest XL shirt I found in his closets, it was very tight fitting and the other guys went like crazy when they saw me since they had not realized I had this body underneath, and commented on my physique for the whole evening.

The problem is that, even though I am a very outgoing and communicativ I just turn totally shy when commented on my physique, and never know how to react when someone just tells me how muscular I look.

People who live with me (wife, workmate, etc.) see me everyday and do not notice the change with as much surprise as people who haven't seen me in a few years, who systematically make many comments even though I hide as much as I can : these people are the worst.

So anyone has ever lived this situation and how did they dealt with that? Especially, do you have cool lines or reactions when people comments?
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to tortolis's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM

tortolis is on a distinguished road
Tortolis

When I was at my fittest, my development was quite pronounced and I was extremely shy about it. I found compliments hard to deal with. One thing that helped me was having a "safe" environment where nobody knew me and I could feel less self-conscious. I was teaching an evening class at a local college at the time, and used to wear less concealing clothes there. The experience made it much easier for me to deal with comments I received outside the classroom. You should also remember, as a psychiatrist once told me, "there's nothing wrong with a little showing off."
  #3   Add to TopHeavy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:43 PM

TopHeavy is on a distinguished road
Yes, I had the same situation at a school reunion a while ago. I have gained about 70 pounds of muscle since then, and one guy in particular who I hadn't seen since school kept going on about the size of my chest and arms. He said "you didn't used to have tits!", I replied "you didn't used to BE one!"
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Say "Thank you! I'm glad my hard work is noticeable!"

That's all ya gotta do.

rpj
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
Oh, yeah, and:

Pix, dammit, pix!

All the best...

Richard
  #6   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Say "Thank you! I'm glad my hard work is noticeable!"

That's all ya gotta do.

rpj

Very true... I usually do just that, I say "Thanks!" flash a ggrin or a smile and just carry on. It is great and big time motivation when people do notice you and comment you on your physique.
  #7   Add to ayakitayama's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:46 AM

ayakitayama is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the answers guys

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size