The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Training
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Training Tips, Techniques, and Routines.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to 13 of Spades's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 7th, 2008, 10:49 AM

13 of Spades is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 13 of Spades Send a message via Yahoo to 13 of Spades
Home Weight Bench

I despise the gym. I hate the atmosphere, the feeling as if everyone is watching me, and the fact that everyone seems to be at least three times my size. (Not to say that gyms are bad, it's just not for me.)

I've been looking for a decent weight bench so that I could do exercises at home and avoid going to the gym, but the weight bench that I have, which has the ability to incline, is crap because the moment I put the bench at an incline, I can no longer perform an exercise because the bar and my forehead occupy the same space. Not only that, but whenever I lay down to do skullcrushers, the weight bench's weight rack, the polls where the bar would go, gets in my way because it's so narrow.

Is there a decent flat bench, that can incline, and has adjustable bar stands? Is it possible to buy gym-quality benches directly from some warehouse/supplier?
(Feel free to give alternative advise.)

Trying to work it out in Texas,
13 of Spades
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to nj.'s Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Still going strong

nj. has disabled reputation
Pff, most gym benches can't even do that. Or maybe gyms aren't too great around here (that sounds pretty plausible, actually).

I also love that the makers of your bench didn't think of the fact that you wouldn't be able to use the bench at all in incline position, hahaha. Speaking of clever products.

Anyway, for the skull crushers, why don't you just lie the other way around? I mean, it's not like the weight on skull crushers is so heavy that you must use the weight rack to grab it from.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options