The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Minotaur is on a distinguished road
OK, watch me grow - I want to get as big as possible (long essay)

[COLOR=white]I know I've posted somewhere that I've begun doing Dave Draper's version of Madcow's Version of Bill Starr's 5x5... or someting like that. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Yeah, it's a tough program, but after one week of something like this...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Weight reps sets[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Squats [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Warm ups [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]85 x 8 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]155 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]175 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]185 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]205 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Work set(s) [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]225 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Bench [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Warm ups [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]65 x 8 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]115 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]125 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]135 x 3 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]165 x 5 x 5[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Row [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Warmups [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]65 x 8 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]115 x 5 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]125 x 4 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]135 x 3 x 1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]165 x 5 x 5[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Deads[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]95x8x1... the 75 lbs called for was a little too light too, imo.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]145x5x1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]165x4x1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]185x3x1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]Work sets[/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]225x5x5[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]The weights are a little wimpy, but this is the very beginning. My goal is to bench >=225; dead >= 345; squat >= 325, all for reps. This will take some time.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]That was just a little background on the workout routine. Now for the food...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]The past week, since I started this 5x5 program and added some cardio (30 mins. 2-3x/week), I am HUNGRY!!! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]I'm talking about honest-to-goodness-real-I-want-food-and-lots-of-it-and-can't-wait-to-eat-again hunger. And I'm not eating little pissant hamster-sized or Nutrisystem portions.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]I'm beginning to think that if I lose any of this fat, it's going to be because of the intensity of the routine. Certainly not through trying to cut. I'm to the point of wanting to increase my strength and muscle that I don't care if I lose the fat. If I'm going to do the routine successfully, I gotta eat. And I'm not eating junk, I'm pleased to say. In fact, I'm going to come right and say, I am kind of hoping I do gain fat. Some fat-padded muscle is a real hot look, to me, and I'd like to be part of that. [/COLOR][COLOR=white]By big, I mean I'm ready to bulk big time. I want to pack on some fat too. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Sound crazy? Well, we all got some fetishes and turn ons, and fat is it for me, as we?ve been discussing in a thread or two. Fat guys have always turned me on, but now when I think of myself as a chunky bear, I like it. Maybe I'm just accepting that I'll never get to a 10% bodyfat physique, and I like myself as a chunky muscle bear. I?m not a bodybuilder, never claimed to be. Power, bulk and strength is my love.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]I'm 5'5" and probably about 218-222, 41-42" waist, 47-48" chest, 16.5" biceps, 17" neck. I wear size 40 pants, but are somewhat snug. I see myself adding some 42s. I really like the idea of packing on that much size, and even having more of a muscle gut. I want to put another inch and a half or so on my arms and neck, a few more inches on my chest. My goal is always to keep my chest larger than my gut. A 48-50 chest and 40-42? waist is my goal. And of course to get stronger. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]I've caught my reflection in windows and mirrors at the mall and other stores, seen how chunky I am and thought "damn! sexy looking bear!" I don't try to 'suck in' my gut anymore. Hey, it's there, and I'm proud of it. I've even started referring to myself as 'just a fat guy that lifts' or as a fat muscle bear.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]I want to eat like a man... And then lift and push the iron until my arms and legs break.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Damn, I feel good bellowing that out. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white](Watch... I'll eat like an animal and probably lose weight. ).[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]Here's where I am: [/COLOR]
[COLOR=white]http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u...15081408-1.jpg[/COLOR]
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...7/Picture2.jpg

[COLOR=white]Here's where I'm going: http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1230480083 http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1230480346[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]And this is pure delusion & fantasy: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]The incomparable Ryan Kennelly:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=white]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...g?t=1230480560[/COLOR]

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

Blanche: There must be homosexuals who date women.

Sophia: Yeah, they're called lesbians.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2008, 08:57 AM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
Good luck with it, man! You know we're all sitting here rooting for ya. And when you make your goals, you gotta come and give me some tips so I can catch up. x3
  #3   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Thumbs up You got it!

Thanks. If and when I reach my goals, I will be happy to share the secrets with anyone who want to go that route.

Dorothy: You really haven't grasped the concept of this gay thing yet, have you?

#4   Add to myophile's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM

myophile
Send a message via Yahoo to myophile
Chunky muscle bear is one of the flat out hottest body types (in my humble but totally correct opinion)

You're already pretty far along. Best of luck with that program. I've heard it's effective.
  #5   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 28th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Muscled Chub Club

Thanks a lot!

I am currently going through my closet and pants hangers weeding out what just doesn't fit, mostly 40s. I got back a little while ago from a trip to JCPenney for a few pairs of slacks. They're showing some pretty nice stuff now. I have a few other pairs that I'm going to see what magic my tailor can work to ease them out.

#6   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Muscled Chub Club

Sometimes you have to be ruthless

I have no delusions that this workout routine I am on is going to cause me to gain weight. I'll try to keep the fat gain to a minimum, but the fat gain will happen. I can lose it later, if I desire. Hey, like I've always said, I tend to the husky side. And that's OK with me as long as the fitness and good blood work is there. You can be fat and fit.

And yes, I did creat a [COLOR=wheat]Big[/COLOR][COLOR=gold]Muscle[/COLOR][COLOR=brown]Bears[/COLOR] account, and have gotten a few rave reviews by the bear-chaser contingent. If you are strong enough here is the link (nothing nasty... I don't do nudes or X rated)... purely your choice... [COLOR=#22229c]Eimai O Minotavros, my handle is Greek for I am The Minotaur.[/COLOR]

To that end, I went through my all pants yesterday, trying them on. Anything that didn't pass muster got folded neatly and place into a pile. I'm not ditching them, just storing them. There are a few other pants, which I paid a lot of money for, which fit OK, but just OK, except after a lot of pasta. I'm going to ask my tailor what magic she can work to ease them out an inch or so. Maybe even put in a relaxing band.

I went to JCPenney yesterday and bought a couple more nice pairs of dress pants a size up. They fit really well. I have lots of Dockers that fit perfectly, but I like dress slacks with a nicer shirt or a merino or cashmere sweater. Dockers go with an oxford button down shirt; dress slacks go with a finef point collar shirt. Meh, call me weird. I was very surprised at how nice the JCPenney Stafford slacks collection is. They've improved their line. I may go back for one or two more pairs.

I pulled out summer shorts, t shirts and polo shirts too. Totally ruthless. If I thought they fit and looked less than optimally, into the stack they went, on top of my closet shelf. If I can wear them again one day, I will. If not, so be it. Some poor person will have some nice clothes. At least once or twice a year I bag up my non-fitting (notice I didn't say "old") clothes and into the donation dumpsters they go, shoes too.

There's a saying about dressing: "If it doesn't feel right, it doesn't fit right, and therefore doesn't look right". I'm not ging to be one of those guys who walks around saying he wears a 36 or 38 waist, when the waistband is down around my crotch. Hey, I wear 42s and so what!? Huh? Huh!? I'm pleased I bit the bullet and stopped playing size denial.

So the moral and take home lesson are: be happy with whatever you you wind up being as long as you've given it yoyr all.

#7   Add to BBMikeNJ's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM

BBMikeNJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BBMikeNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BBMikeNJ
Slab on the muscle, big guy. Love the thickness you got going. Got all stirred up just reading your lifting program, thinking of the Growth to come.
  #8   Add to Minotaur's Reputation   Report Post  
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Muscled Chub Club

Hey Mike!

Sorry I missed your post... I just noticed it.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Btw, have you been through Sea Bright and seen that giant cop? He's shaved bald and got traps that don't quit, and a hot basketball muscle belly.

#9   Add to omelissokomos's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:01 AM
The Bee Keeper

omelissokomos has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to omelissokomos
Looking forward to fulfilling your New Year's resolutions, which I saw in another thread and think you'll achieving sooner rather than later.
  #10   Add to george.mikal's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:10 AM

george.mikal is on a distinguished road
hey Minotaur u are a very intelligent boy..
thanks for sharing here

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options