The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #41   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 5th, 2009, 12:09 AM

WhoDunIt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to WhoDunIt
I guess this could be a compliment

A couple weeks ago I had gotten into an arguement with one of my bosses of a rather idiotic rule only he seems to feel is neccesary (literally made it up on his own with no input from his boss ) and I was really pissed off by the time I left work to go to the gym for some cardio. While I was there I vented to one of the younger employees who, like most people I discussed this with, were more in agreement with me on the matter. Well the other night he asked me if I had to work with the @$$#0!e, and I told him yes. He then tells me "You should just break him in half, not like you aren't strong enough." and slaps me on the shoulder. He kinda threw me off for a bit and I really didn't know how to respond at first, but basicly told him as much as I'd love to sometimes this idiot wasn't worth the world of trouble I'd be in.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #42   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2009, 05:48 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
I guess this could be a compliment

It was definitely a compliment....twig guys generally can't break anything--much less another guy in half. Keep it up and work even harder in the gym.
  #43   Add to Bull's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Bull
Send a message via AIM to Bull Send a message via Yahoo to Bull
I ALWAYS compliment guys on their bodies when I see improvement, and it is always appreciated. Granted, I worked as a trainer for years, so people know I know what I'm talking about, and have a professional's eye for such things. But I can't imagine anyone reacting badly to a compliment. In fact, it has been the start of many friendships for me.
  #44   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old June 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
It was definitely a compliment....twig guys generally can't break anything--much less another guy in half. Keep it up and work even harder in the gym.
This guy isn't all that small.....just quite a bit smaller than me weight and strength wise....plus he can be an ass Now the "kid" at the gym is a whole lot smaller and lighter than me.

On a side note, I offered to help a co-worker with his bicycle today before he tried to ride it home. He was trying to remove the rear wheel because it would wobble and couldn't get the sprocket nut loose, even when hammering on the wrench with a rubber mallett. He brings it in and turns it upside down and then told me he couldn't get that one nut loose, so I told him to grab me a wrench and I'd give it a try. He hands me the wrench and I hold on to the rear wheel and put the that wrench to the nut and lean into it just a little and the nut turns with hardly a fight. Once I get it loose and tell him so, he didn't say a word, he just looked at me and his bike with an absolutely dumbfounded look on his face.

Last edited by WhoDunIt; June 6th, 2009 at 08:41 PM.
  #45   Add to wolfman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2010, 05:18 PM

wolfman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfman
Last night I was at family dinner and my dad was there who didn't see me for quite awhile and he commented how I got bigger, I said that's nothing, and he continued how my arms and shoulders are huge (they are not huge but bigger then before). My brother was always muscular family member and everybody was always commenting his muscles but I guess people are starting to notice my body too, which is still very embarrassing at the moment when somebody is giving me compliments but afterwards I feel great and it's an ego booster and it makes me wanna work harder in the gym, guess I am pretty shy and still don't consider myself as muscular guy.
  #46   Add to Eager Muscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Yep, it's me; REAL GROWTH

Eager Muscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Eager Muscle
Great stories, all! RobinI45, based on your reaction to recent experience - by all means write a blog, particularly for this website!

"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses."
- Dorothy Parker

"Faces fall, but a bicep's forever."
- Eager Muscle

"A personal trainer is someone who works for your lunch money."
- Eager Muscle
  #47   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:24 AM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
On a few of the machines down at my local gym, I can manage to max out the weight rack. A few times people have walked past casually then suddenly whip their heads around just to make sure they saw what they think they did.
Im not sure if it gives much of a muscular development boost, but it certainly excercises my ego.
  #48   Add to hoosierlifter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM

hoosierlifter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hoosierlifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob111 View Post
On a few of the machines down at my local gym, I can manage to max out the weight rack. A few times people have walked past casually then suddenly whip their heads around just to make sure they saw what they think they did.
Im not sure if it gives much of a muscular development boost, but it certainly excercises my ego.
It's a nice feeling when you're working out and and you hear someone whisper "damn!" or "f***!" when they see the weight you're using. One of the guys I've worked out with is pretty small. 19 y/o 5'3" maybe 105# and I can curl around 70# with one arm on the machines (I don't think the weight is accurate). He freaked the first time I did it.
  #49   Add to cozman's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM

cozman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cozman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
It's a nice feeling when you're working out and and you hear someone whisper "damn!" or "f***!" when they see the weight you're using. One of the guys I've worked out with is pretty small. 19 y/o 5'3" maybe 105# and I can curl around 70# with one arm on the machines (I don't think the weight is accurate). He freaked the first time I did it.
I'm about that size myself and I would freak too. Thirty more pounds and you're curling one of us with ONE arm!
  #50   Add to WhoDunIt's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierlifter View Post
that is a good feeling
  #51   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2010, 08:51 AM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Just got back from a cruise with the family and had a couple of great comments.

1.I have not seem my brother and his family in about 8 months. As we were boarding the ship, my sister-in+law tried to pinch me and got mad that she could not find anything to grab. Said I was getting to big and too much muscle. Just laughed and said wait until you see me this summer.

2.While waiting for an elevator, a man and about six year old son came up. The boy made a comment about how big I was. His dad said yes he is and that is why you need to eat right and exercise. I turned and smiled and said to the boy you can be even bigger than me someday but you must eat well and workout. The biy said to his dad, I guess I need to eat my veg.

3. Was working out at the gym on the ship and they only had dumbbells up to 50 pounds. I just finished some incline presses and as I racked them, a teen came up and commented that it must suck have such light weights. I said yes but I am going light since I am on vacation. He laughed
  #52   Add to helliot's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:14 AM

helliot is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to helliot
Great story, muscleboy82000 Let's see some pics!
  #53   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 18th, 2010, 05:58 AM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by helliot View Post
Great story, muscleboy82000 Let's see some pics!
Agreed! It sounds like you are turning into a monster
  #54   Add to britmusclejock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:03 PM
getting bigger

britmusclejock is on a distinguished road
being felt up

Was out for a drink the other week, and my date reached over and felt my biceps, so I flexed for him. Never had that happen before! Was a big turnon, for both of us
  #55   Add to SE16guy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:51 PM

SE16guy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SE16guy Send a message via Skype™ to SE16guy
wouldn't mind feeling your bicep either mate!
  #56   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
@ BMJ:

P, d, p!

S, d, s!

xoxo

Richard
  #57   Add to bulkybud's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:47 AM

bulkybud is on a distinguished road
Been an interesting last few days. It's been a fun way to mark 6 months back in the gym.

Thursday when I was using 90 lb dumbbells on the incline press, this big guy who has hardly talked to me since I've been back working out said, "that's a good lift! If you want to go heavier and need a spot let me know." I guess I was accepted into the 'big boys' club.

Saturday, this huge, competitive bodybuilder was in the gym- a really nice guy, and he's the total package- huge arms, quads, shoulders- the works, and still with only a 28" waist. One of the other guys I know saw the two of us working out near each other and said, "yeah, I guess the big boys are here to work out." Being put in the same group as the bodybuilder was a definite first and I felt honored. That never would have happened back last September to the skinny-armed fat guy I was when I just started back lifting.

Later that day, my brother-in-law saw me in a sleeveless t-shirt and said he could tell I've been working out hard and my body weight was moving up from my gut to my shoulders, chest and arms. I told him that's what happens when you've been back lifting and eating right for 6 months and he said he'd been working out for 2 years and he wasn't as big as me.

Comments like these make me want to work out all the harder. Today was arms day and I maybe went a little overboard with the enthusiasm. I think tomorrow morning my triceps might just fall off.

Maybe those 19 inch arms I've been 'gunning' for may just be possible in the months ahead.

And now for a protein shake...

Bulkybud
  #58   Add to powerlifter938's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM

powerlifter938 is on a distinguished road
I was holding off a friend the other night while wrestling, and another friend goes, "Wow, dude, you've got arms!"

At work, a similar compliment. A co-worker came up and told me "Dude, you've got those arms. Your arms are big! You work out?" That same day, while on break, I lifted a sleeve to scratch my shoulder and my friend goes, "Woah, there's actually some definition there..." and another co-worker added, "Yeah, I noticed that earlier too!"

Felt good
  #59   Add to bigbob111's Reputation   Report Post  
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM

bigbob111 is on a distinguished road
I was using the Pec Fly machine the other day, and managed to use the maximum possible weight equivalent to about 320lbs for 7 reps. Another guy accross the room suddenly let his attention slip, and stood there staring saying "theres no weight left! no weight left!". Its not easy getting up to that point in training, but its rewarding like no other.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options