The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Watch Me Grow
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Watch Me Grow Discuss your own personal muscle goals and document your bodybuilding progress, including gains in size and strength and also get encouragement from others.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to tom256's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:10 AM

tom256 is on a distinguished road
Aiming the end of my skinniness!

I know a lot of guys like to see the whole concept of skinny guys getting big, well if I keep at it, you may see another one.
I am a 6ft, 133lb 17 year old teenager. Not much I guess. I'm a skinny guy, I used to like that. But now I dont, as I feel that Im just in the weaker loop now. So I want to add on the pounds.
Bicep.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00703.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...6/DSC00709.jpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:46 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
You'll get there--and we'll enjoy watching you grow!

Take lotsa pix!

xoxo

Richard
  #3   Add to tom256's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:57 AM

tom256 is on a distinguished road
Well, I already a quick and easy regime sort of thing that I made up myself.
Breakfast-4 large wheat biscuits, 10 minutes later, 20 press-ups, 30 sit-ups, 15 squats, maybe 3 sets of 10 reps if I'm up to it. (I dont know what weight I will start with on the dumbells yet)
I will do the same exercise after every major meal of the day.
To drink-water or milk.
To eat-Something high in carbohydrates and protein, like pasta and meatballs.

The good thing is that my metabolism is very high, so I will be able to have a large consumption of food and manage more exercise.

Any comments or suggestions on my small regime I have going
  #4   Add to Din's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:12 AM
hungry for more

Din is on a distinguished road
if you're going to build muscle rather than get "toned" and "athletic" (ever so sorry for the buzzwords, but you get what i mean), i'd recommend focussing more on 2 or 3 body parts per day, and only do one work-out session in which you put all your effort.

so, for instance, you can do your chest and triceps on one day (triceps support your chest in moving weights, so be sure to do chest first in that case). Or you can do two muscle groups that don't support each other much, like chest and biceps, or legs and whatever part of the upper body, etc, etc.

or, alternatively, you can alternate like: upper body, lower body, rest. personally not my favourite (i like to focus more), but every body's different.

and you've got one thing right: diet is important. i'm not sure what meal plan would be most effective for you (because, as i said, every body is different), but few meals will slow the metabolism down, and a lot of meals will generally keep it going at a higher pace. i started out with pretty much the same physique and also a pretty high metabolism, but i still prefer to eat every 2 hours (1. because i'm hungry rather often and 2. because i don't like huge portions; can't stomach them).

in any case, remember that breakfast is an important start of the day, so i'm not sure if wheat biscuits are going to do the trick. make sure to consume protein with every meal (rather than stuffing it into one meal-- there's only so much protein your body can use at once), 'cos you'll need that for muscle recovery.

as for the intricacies of your work-out plan -- there's information out there that'll list loads and loads of options (some contradictory, some illogical... others pretty sensible). just try to find your way in the beginning. get used to the weights and especially your form (how you perform your exercises) and then gradually go heavier once you've got that down. don't push yourself too hard before you really know how to do an exercise, 'cos injuries are annoying, painful, harmful, and certainly won't help you progress. in the same vein: warm up well!

if you've got any questions about the above, feel free to ask. but in the end i'm just a guy who works out and has been reading stuff left and right for the past few years. not a physicist or anything. so, research things well and don't fall for things that seem too good to be true or that just don't appear to be sensible.

in any case, i'm going to end this novel by wishing you good luck
  #5   Add to slaphappystanly's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:43 PM

slaphappystanly has disabled reputation
Good luck! Keep motivated and dedicated and you'll get there eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day... etc.
  #6   Add to Qpjp1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 11th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Qpjp1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Qpjp1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphappystanly View Post
Good luck! Keep motivated and dedicated and you'll get there eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day... etc.
I agree..

keep up the hard work!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options