You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Leppy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Leppy is on a distinguished road
Question Really really odd question...

Well yesterday, I was talking with a friend of mine. We were just sort of playing around, and I made an innocuous comment about needing to work out. Long story short, we somehow got into a conversation about muscle fetish (turns out he has one!) and something called a sponsor. Apparently a sponsor is someone who provides things like shelter and food in exchange for you working out and getting large, as it's a sort of sexual turn on for them. Sort of a sugar daddy situation, I presume. Well, this might sound really odd...but it sounds really interesting to me, heh. I'm just not sure where to look. I don't know if anyone would even WANT to do that with me, since I'm not really muscular right now (I have some muscle, and I pack on muscle really easily, which is somewhat how we got into the conversation in the first place) and I am a bit overweight (trying to work on it). I'm just not sure if this is even the right place to ask, or if I'm being completely delusional, or what. I don't know if I should list my current stats or anything. Heh. Please give me some feedback, because I am very interested in this!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:19 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leppy View Post
Well yesterday, I was talking with a friend of mine. We were just sort of playing around, and I made an innocuous comment about needing to work out. Long story short, we somehow got into a conversation about muscle fetish (turns out he has one!) and something called a sponsor. Apparently a sponsor is someone who provides things like shelter and food in exchange for you working out and getting large, as it's a sort of sexual turn on for them. Sort of a sugar daddy situation, I presume. Well, this might sound really odd...but it sounds really interesting to me, heh. I'm just not sure where to look. I don't know if anyone would even WANT to do that with me, since I'm not really muscular right now (I have some muscle, and I pack on muscle really easily, which is somewhat how we got into the conversation in the first place) and I am a bit overweight (trying to work on it). I'm just not sure if this is even the right place to ask, or if I'm being completely delusional, or what. I don't know if I should list my current stats or anything. Heh. Please give me some feedback, because I am very interested in this!
The simplest way is to create a profile on YouTube, do some flexing and posing, add some blurb saying that you are looking for sponsors and if you get enough hits then Bob's your uncle!
  #3   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
It's a nice daydream. The reality is that most people can't afford to support someone else's bodybuilding ambitions. Most guys who are that into are usually doing all they can to support *their* ambitions. The ones who really can afford it are so few and far between that THEY can afford to be extremely choosey.

So, a great story topic but if you're waiting for someone to figure it out for you and support you you'll be waiting a very long time. Get to work (and get writing, too!)

xoxo

Richard
  #4   Add to Leppy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Well, I don't really have that much muscle right now. So it would be more like one of those "build-a-bear" workshops (which is funny since I consider myself a cub) than...enhancing something that's already there. Like photoshopping a picture sort of thing.
  #5   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
To kind of expand on Arpeejay's comments, I have found that those who 'think' they want to grow and sponsorship would be nice usually lack the commitment to follow through with it. Therefore, those with the means to actually sponsor will indeed be very choosey and also have very rigid expectations for their investment. On the other hand, those who 'know' they want to grow and have demonstrated that commitment on their own will seek sponsorship at the point which their training requires full-time commitment and therefore standard employment will become a hindrance.

Therefore, to reiterate CelticMuscle's comments, start a youtube channel and begin posting your progress videos. Then get in the gym and demonstrate your level of commitment and the progress you are capable of making BEFORE sponsorship is a necessity. If you reach that point and have demonstrated both the commitment and potential to reach the next level, I have no doubt sponsorship will become available.

And keep us in the loop, we'd love to encourage you along the way!
  #6   Add to wolfotehmoon's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM

wolfotehmoon is on a distinguished road
"Build-a-Bear"... The first thing that came to my mind was something like Unicef for bodybuilders. xD Send 5 bucks a month, and you get a picture of the poor young man who needs your help to turn into a beast.

It really does seem like an urban legend. The closest thing would be starting a cam site and asking for donations... Though, you know, if anyone IS looking for someone to sponsor... *winkwinknudgenugde*
  #7   Add to Leppy's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:37 PM

I honestly have no idea how to get started or anything. That's kind of why I was interested in that sponsor thing. Because I'm deathly afraid of messing up. And I'm so freaking busy trying to fix the rest of my life that I don't want to risk messing something else up or piling too much onto myself, y'know? I'm 18 though, not sure if that's a good age to start or not.
  #8   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old April 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
This is certainly not meant to be critical, please don't take it as such. But based on your most recent post I would surmise that you definitely DON'T need sponsorship at this time. What you could probably use is a mentor or training partner, really a little of both would be best... I would think someone who is more knowledgeable and willing to invest in you in the gym though not necessarily financially.

In terms of getting started, it's called getting our butts in the gym! I battle it every day, and I would guess anyone on this board who even tries to live up to their potential battles the same thing. There's not a lot of messing up involved, so long as you're not careless and hurt yourself. If you know how to eat right and you discipline yourself to stick to it, I don't think you'll be able to help but see respectable gains in a short time. And I'd say 18 is an excellent age to start - I wish I had at that age!

Coming back around to the sponsorship thing, you admit that your life is busy and needs attention. That's good that you recognize it, now be deliberate in your decisions from now on to take steps to un-busy it. If you've taken on too many commitments, see which ones you can eliminate or if they have timely commitments be sure to see them through and then not take on a new commitment when the old one ends. Evaluate what is truly important in your life and your commitment of your time, focus and resources will naturally follow that which you view as most important in your life. If through that refining process it proves out that your desire is to maximize your physical development, then by that time (and we could be talking years here) you should have invested enough time to really see great gains AND committed more and more of your efforts and time to furthering it. THIS is the kind of desire and commitment that sponsors would be looking for! When this is your life, it will be obvious to anyone who meets you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options