The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to ozmuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:02 AM

ozmuscle is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up A compliment I got recently

I was out at a bathhouse / sauna recently and a guy came up to me and said "So just what do I really have to do to get a body like yours?"

Loved it - told him that comments like that would take him places.

Now the aim is to add more muscle, more definition, to help bring on teh compiments and attention like I have never seen before.

www.gaydar.com.au/ozmuscle1
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to matt.gibson's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:48 AM

matt.gibson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to matt.gibson
Isn't it great. I lift before work. I ran into a coworker the other day and he said "damn - I should have worked out with you guys - look at your arms - they're huge." It's that kind of thing that keeps me motivated to keep liftin and growin!

Knowing how I feel about an ego boost like that, I also make it a point to compliment a dude workin hard and lookin jacked.
  #3   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:02 AM

luvyalots is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean. I recently bulked up from a fairly scrawny 150 pounds to a fairly meaty 185 pounds...and everyone's noticing.

A buddy of mine who always used to be bigger than me I now outweigh by about 15 pounds. He hadn't seen me in a few months and his eyes went wide when he saw me in a muscle shirt. Anyway, he owed me money, so I went up to him, puffed out my chest, flexed my lats and said in a really low voice, "you better fucking give me that money or I will kick your ass." You should've seen the look on his face. Needless to say, I got the money within two days after that.
  #4   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Thanked 1,306 Times in 371 Posts
arpeejay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arpeejay
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I went in wearing shorts and a tight light blue polo shirt. When I went into the office, the guy I was seeing said, "The receptionist asked me to describe you and I did and then she said, 'Oh, is he the buff one?' Someone noticed!" :-)

A nice way to end the week!

xoxo

richard
  #5   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyalots View Post
I know what you mean. I recently bulked up from a fairly scrawny 150 pounds to a fairly meaty 185 pounds...and everyone's noticing.
People act like I don't mean it but I'm deadly serious:

Pix, dammit, Pix!

:-)

xoxo

Richard
  #6   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:

A buddy of mine who always used to be bigger than me I now outweigh by about 15 pounds. He hadn't seen me in a few months and his eyes went wide when he saw me in a muscle shirt. Anyway, he owed me money, so I went up to him, puffed out my chest, flexed my lats and said in a really low voice, "you better fucking give me that money or I will kick your ass." You should've seen the look on his face. Needless to say, I got the money within two days after that.
VERY hot, Luvyalots!

Tell us again: How long did it take you to gain the 35 lbs.?

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to your NEXT 35!

xoxo

Richard
  #7   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2009, 04:55 PM
MASS Matters

1bigwoof is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Congrats, luvyalots....I'm with arpeejay. Any pics or details on your growth? What made you decide to get serious?
  #8   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigwoof View Post
Congrats, luvyalots....I'm with arpeejay. Any pics or details on your growth? What made you decide to get serious?
I actually posted some pictures a couple of months ago. They're in this section - I'll took some new ones today and I'll post them on the same thread soon.

Anyway, to answer your question: In high school, I rowed on the crew team and had some muscle, but it immediately went away when I went to college. I've kinda been wanting to get serious for years - always talked about, even wrote a couple of stories about muscle growth (JP and Nick if any of you remember them) - but never did much besides jogging and a few half-hearted push-up/sit-up routines in my bedroom.

Then a buddy of mine who's a few years younger than me (the one mentioned above actually) inadvertently inspired me. You see, he used to be a really fat kid in middle school, went into football, then wrestling, then track in high school, lost over a 100 pounds over the course of the summer before his freshman year. I remember seeing him the first time after he lost weight and he looked great. That was also about the same time he started attracting girls naturally (sorry, he's straight!)

Anyway, going into his sophomore year, he started bulking up for football. I didn't live near him at the time and only saw him every once in a while, but every time I did, he was bigger. It was actually kinda cool to watch - he started out about 130 his freshman year, was 160 by the beginning of his sophomore year, 175 his junior year and started pushing 200 by the beginning of his senior year. He wasn't ripped but bulky and at 190 and above was starting to looked jacked. And he started saying how he wanted to get even bigger after high school.

Unfortunately, the bigger he got, the more self-absorbed he got. He slept with God knows how many girls and started getting really obnoxious. He started dicking me around and pissing me off with his narcissism. A few times, I wanted to punch him in the face. I kept telling him I wanted to kick his ass - of course he didn't believe me. Even after a shoulder injury senior year halted his training - he had lost some size and was down to around 170 - he still outweighed me by about 20 pounds and was still a lot stronger than I was.

But then I realized that he only was 20 pounds more and I decided I could make up that difference. So this past February, I got a gym membership and did some research, put together a workout plan and finally - after all these years - got cracking. Six months later, I now weigh 185, outweigh that buddy by 15 pounds (though I'm not sure if I'm stronger than he is yet) and apparently, he's scared of me now.

And to be honest with you, even though I've far surpassed what I thought I'd be at this point, I'm not going to stop. I'm gonna keep going. I wanna hit a solid 190 by the end of the summer and see if I could break 200 before the year is out. And maybe, if he pissed me off enough, he won't be laughing when I say I wanna kick his ass.

Well, I didn't intend for this response to become a prose, but I guess I'm just venting 'cause that buddy is pissing me off right now...now excuse me while I down some muscle milk.
  #9   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Whatever makes you grow, bottle it and sel it to me, Luvyalots. 35 lbs. in 6 months is amazing in an Achillesque sort of way! I said I was looking forward to the next 35 lbs. but there's no reason you can't put another 35 on top of that!

When you're 255, you'll be exactly half again the size of your pissant friend -- and he'll be pissing his pants every time you walk in the room! (We LIKE that idea!)

Thanks for growing!

xoxo

Richard

Last edited by arpeejay; July 13th, 2009 at 07:34 PM.
  #10   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:19 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
Alliteration

"PUmping puts on pounds, leading to pissant pal pissing pants"

That about sums it up!

Aren't we literate here!

Mdlftr

P.S. congrats on the growth! Awesome!
  #11   Add to Hulk2be's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM

Hulk2be is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Hulk2be Send a message via MSN to Hulk2be Send a message via Yahoo to Hulk2be
Is it possible to be both complimented and insulted at the same time??

Last week, a co-worker gave me my first "your shirt is looking tight" compliment ever. Well naturally, I was floating on cloud 9 for a moment, but I'm one of those people who is real shy, and who thinks there's a hidden agenda behind a compliment. So I cracked a joke "Is that a good thing?" and chuckled at it. Only the response I got was "I'm undecided about that" with a serious look on her face. So I immediately went from cloud 9 to being in a funk as I walked out to my car and drove home.
  #12   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2be View Post
Is it possible to be both complimented and insulted at the same time?? (
Well, sure it is!

If someone tells you you're "looking big" and they don't like "big," then, yeah, they may be expressing disapproval. But that's their problem, right? (And, I know this will sound like stereotyping but I know waaaaaaay too many women who disapprove of tight clothes on men; sounds like she's one of 'em!)

xoxo

Richard
  #13   Add to DaBigGuy1's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:07 PM
DaBigGuy1

DaBigGuy1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to DaBigGuy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2be View Post
Is it possible to be both complimented and insulted at the same time??

Last week, a co-worker gave me my first "your shirt is looking tight" compliment ever. Well naturally, I was floating on cloud 9 for a moment, but I'm one of those people who is real shy, and who thinks there's a hidden agenda behind a compliment. So I cracked a joke "Is that a good thing?" and chuckled at it. Only the response I got was "I'm undecided about that" with a serious look on her face. So I immediately went from cloud 9 to being in a funk as I walked out to my car and drove home.
Hey, always remember that you are doing it for YOU! For me, compliments are just icing on the cake. And yes, there will be those that aren't a fan of overly developed (spelled H-U-G-E) muscle guys, but there are others that just marvel over the size. Women, well, they are about the same....some will like, others will not. In any case, just keep on your course!

And at 6' 1", 190 pounds, you are going to get the "big" remarks...good and not so good.

Enjoy the positive, dismiss the negatives!

Ron III---III
  #14   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
MASS Matters

Quote:
I actually posted some pictures a couple of months ago. They're in this section - I'll took some new ones today and I'll post them on the same thread soon.
Thanks for the great recap on how/why you've grown so. I remember your pics from awhile back and was impressed. I look forward to seeing how your additional size looks.

Use whatever motivation you need....glad you're already tasting some success!
  #15   Add to muscleboy82000's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM

muscleboy82000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to muscleboy82000 Send a message via AIM to muscleboy82000 Send a message via Yahoo to muscleboy82000
Couple of girls at work

I am working on a project and the team is comprised of some people I have not seem in-person for a about six months. At the end of a better, two girls stayed behind and asked if I was working out. I said yes and they said my arms were huge. They asked a couple of questions about my workout and stuff and one of the guys finally told the girls to quit garking and let him get back to work.
  #16   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 26th, 2009, 01:58 AM

Luvyalots:

Time for an update, wot?

xoxo

Richard
  #17   Add to luvyalots's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
Luvyalots:

Time for an update, wot?

xoxo

Richard
No new pics yet - I actually haven't put on much size recently - still sitting between 180 and 185. I've been working on strength and definition. And that reminds me...

A funny thing happened on the way to forum (or actually at the forum)...

I've performed at a local community theater the last few years - usually small parts in plays and such (don't do the musicals - can't sing too well).

Anyway, the theater has a resident playwright and last summer we premiered one of his plays called Gold. It was about four US Olympians - a sprinter, a swimmer, a gymnast and a diver - and concerned their training and lives leading up to and during the Olympics. The twist was that there were actually four different endings - at any given performance, one of the athletes would win the gold medal. I played the diver - it was my first principal role, so I was nervous as hell, but the director liked the job I did and said he'd use me for future productions.

Well, fast forward a year and the playwright now wrote a new play called Quarterbacks in which the behind-the-scenes interactions between the three quarterbacks on an NFL team are shown - a legend close to retirement, a in-his-prime hothead and a newly-drafted up-and-comer.

According to the director, I originally wasn't going to be part of this production, but when I came back with the extra 35 pounds I had put on, he immediately cast me as the youngest quarterback. I was floored. He even called me "our very own Taylor Lautner" - he has a really weird sense of humor.

Anyway, I figured you'd get a kick out of that little story - it's probably the most unique compliment I've ever heard of.
  #18   Add to Lifter73's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2009, 10:45 AM

Lifter73 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No new pics yet - I actually haven't put on much size recently - still sitting between 180 and 185. I've been working on strength and definition. And that reminds me...

A funny thing happened on the way to forum (or actually at the forum)...

I've performed at a local community theater the last few years - usually small parts in plays and such (don't do the musicals - can't sing too well).

Anyway, the theater has a resident playwright and last summer we premiered one of his plays called Gold. It was about four US Olympians - a sprinter, a swimmer, a gymnast and a diver - and concerned their training and lives leading up to and during the Olympics. The twist was that there were actually four different endings - at any given performance, one of the athletes would win the gold medal. I played the diver - it was my first principal role, so I was nervous as hell, but the director liked the job I did and said he'd use me for future productions.

Well, fast forward a year and the playwright now wrote a new play called Quarterbacks in which the behind-the-scenes interactions between the three quarterbacks on an NFL team are shown - a legend close to retirement, a in-his-prime hothead and a newly-drafted up-and-comer.

According to the director, I originally wasn't going to be part of this production, but when I came back with the extra 35 pounds I had put on, he immediately cast me as the youngest quarterback. I was floored. He even called me "our very own Taylor Lautner" - he has a really weird sense of humor.

Anyway, I figured you'd get a kick out of that little story - it's probably the most unique compliment I've ever heard of.
Nice story!

BTW, who is Taylor Lautner?

D
  #19   Add to arpeejay's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:48 AM

Why aren't I watching your performances?!!

D, Taylor Lautner was Shark Boy way back in the day and more recently the hunky Native American Werewolf dude the Twilight series. He packed on a lotta muscle for the role and is hot, hot, hot!

Taylor shows up at 1:27 in the following teaser for New Moon:

And there's a lot more of him in this one:

Not huge, by any means, but very nicely muscled and very, very sexy!

Oh, yeah, and:

Pix, dammit, pix!

At both of you!

xoxo

Richard
  #20   Add to latinherc's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 2nd, 2009, 05:35 AM

latinherc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejay View Post
people act like i don't mean it but i'm deadly serious:

Pix, dammit, pix!

:-)

xoxo

richard
jajaja i agree with rich come on guys start showing yourself....put some pics of your transformation....
  #21   Add to 1bigwoof's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:55 AM
MASS Matters

Quote:

Congrats! I hear that next year this director is planning a story about an Olympic Wrestler who competed at 220---keep packing it on!

I am making my community theatre debut tonight. It's a play that I did many years ago in HS. I have two roles but the more important one is Stewpot (from the play "South Pacific"). I have put on a lot of size lately but not in the muscle department. We'll see if this is a one-time shot at acting or if it develops into something more.

Thanks for your post and more pics when you are able.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options