The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Bodybuilding > Diet & Nutrition
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Diet & Nutrition What you need to eat in order to grow.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to HP1055's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM

HP1055 is on a distinguished road
Experiences w/ Supplements

1. What is the best supplement to gain weight? Whey/Gainer protein? Does it matter what brand?

2. Has anyone tried Creatine? Experience w/ Creatine?

I'm currently taking Creatine, for about a week now (pills), and haven't noticed any difference in energy/weight/appearance.

I'm looking to buy protein powder, what is the best to gain weight?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to mewletter's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Truth-seeking Skeptic

mewletter is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I'm started taking supplements regularly during training days about 2 months now. The effects are significant but not dramatic. I took glutamine, creatine, BCAAs and whey protein. Even though I cut down my dosage on them by at less half of recommended, they seemed to be working.

Getting visibly leaner and stronger while maintaining my bodyweight. As for your advice on gaining weight, try to have 6 moderate 'clean' meals a day (no junk food please) and take some digestive enzymes (Or made it a habit to eat papaya daily) to promote nutrient digestion.

Eating a lot won't help and will make you spend more time in the toliet instead. That is from my experience.
  #3   Add to BigSteve6ft3's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2009, 10:26 PM

BigSteve6ft3 is on a distinguished road
Hey HP,

With your creatine, did you follow the directions and start with a loading phase? Most creatine manufacturers recommend starting out by taking several times more than the normal maintenance dose for the first several days. For example, the powder I used (AST Sports Sciences "micronized creatine") recommended taking 1 teaspoon 4 to 6 times a day for the first five days, then one teaspoon once or twice a day thereafter. The idea is that the initial high-dose "loading phase" quickly loads up your muscles with all the creatine they can hold, at which point you get the full benefit. After that, a smaller daily dose will maintain the full load in the muscles. When I used creatine, I found that this initial loading phase was essential to getting noticeable results. When I did do a loading phase, I always noticed a very significant boost in strength, along with a sensation of constantly pumped muscles (which feels great, by the way), by the time the loading phase was complete.
  #4   Add to inflated's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM

inflated is on a distinguished road
Primarily your diet should be your main concern before even considering supplements. If you eat like the typical American, supplements are a waste of time. As for protein powders, stick to those low in sugar, but with no aspartame, the calories should come from protein not sugars. Creatine is best before a workout, and yes you will need to go through a loading phase before you will get the pumps that are common with creatine once again stay away from aspartame--poison. Whey gainer proteins are usually reasonable, be careful some of them taste awful so try a few samples before committing to a large jug of protein powder. Eat lean meats, don't drink pop, drink milk if you are not lactose intolerant, eat lots of green vegetables and fresh fruit. Stay away from white bread, fruit juices--mostly corn syrup, and snack foods. Once your diet is right and you hit a plateau then adding supplements is a great idea.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options