The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Post Your Muscle Growth Stories
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Notices

Post Your Muscle Growth Stories Registered Members Only: Post your own male muscle growth-themed stories here and get feedback from readers. 18+ ONLY! Stories posted here will eventually be added to the Evolution Story Archive.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Demandred's Reputation   Report Post  
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Imagineer

Demandred is on a distinguished road
Dungeons, Dragons and Idiots 4

[COLOR=silver]Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback, I'm really glad people are reading (and enjoying!) this. Here's the fourth part.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#c0c0c0]Part three can be found here: [COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.musclegrowth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16611[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Kieran, Paladin, level 4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Jude, Druid, level 4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Henry, Priest, level 4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Damian, Barbarian, level 4[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Kieran is carrying 2 silver pieces.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#c0c0c0]Dungeons, Dragons and Idiots 4[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I don’t think I like caves,” Henry whined, not for the first time. Nobody bothered to dignify him with a response. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]They had travelled through the caves for some time. Damian had the job of killing whatever got in their way; in this cave, it was a variety of confused wolves.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What are they even doing here?” Henry complained the first time they came across a pack. After the initial shock wore off, he went back to complaining about the damp, and the general darkness beyond the range of their torches. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Henry,” Jude said after a while, “if you don’t stop complaining I’ll shove this torch up your arse.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“He’d probably like that,” Damian said with a small smile from the front of the group. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The caves took the party of four deep into the mountain, further and further into the darkness. Abandoned mine carts and equipment littered the place. Damian kicked a bag of bones to find some money. Kieran collected it as they carried on, the sound of growls echoing through the caverns.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The sudden wolf attack from behind took them all by surprise. Especially Henry, who found his leg being chewed rather unceremoniously by a wolf as another leapt into his chest.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Henry!” Jude cried, half in worry and half in exasperation. She pointed her torch at the wolves, and the fire leapt from the original flame at them. With pitiful whines they took off, but promptly fell over and burned to death not thirty feet away. “Henry, are you ok?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Henry got to his feet and shook his robes. “Yeah, just a few scratches. Nothing I can’t Heal.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I’ll walk at the back,” Jude offered as Damian carried on in front. Kieran dithered somewhere in between, torn between wanting to lead and walking at the back. In the end he had to keep Henry company. It was strange, how every level seemed to change them all in some way. Henry was his best friend, back in the other world, but here he was just a whiny brat. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The party continued well into the early hours of the morning, but they didn’t need to sleep and they didn’t even know the time. When the long cavern corridor opened up into a spacious cavern, the four of them paused to get a good look at everything. To the right was a large lake, with water dribbling down the rocks to the side. To the left, built into the wall itself, appeared to be a door to a building. A hole near the door had smoke wafting out of it, and a pile of wood near the door suggested people stayed there.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Other explorers?” Kieran asked, looking at his brother questioningly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Maybe, if they’re still there. You go and look. Take Henry, too. I’ll go with Jude, see what’s further ahead.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hang on,” Henry interrupted, “what if there’s loads of bad guys in there? We should look together!”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“He’s right,” Jude agreed. “Come on Damian, it won’t take two minutes. We might even find clues about Madeline in there.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]So the four of them went up the steps to the secluded home in the wall. Kieran approached first, being the first one up the steps, and saw that the door was ajar. With a shrug at the others, he pushed it open with his sword. “Looks like it’s empty,” he told the others before going in. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Damian sat on the bed, looking around the room from there. The place was deserted, with just two chairs and a desk. Jude checked the drawers, but found nothing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Look at this,” Henry said as he picked up a sack.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Wow, a purple item if I’ve ever seen one” said Kieran.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Actually, it’s a Mage-Proof sack. Any magical items you put in it are disabled.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Do you think it works on people?” Jude asked. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Maybe. It looks big enough to fit someone in.” Henry pocketed the bag. “Do you think they were here? I can feel some sort of energy, as if another healer has been here. But that could be anyone.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“There’s been no other paths they could have taken, they were all dead ends. I think we’re on their tail.” Damian stood up, putting his hands on his hips. “We should carry on.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Well, let’s get on with it then,” Kieran said. He was out the door first, and by the time Damian was at the bottom of the steps he was at the far end of the cavern. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Kieran, wait up! We shouldn’t split up!” Jude called. Henry and Damian followed Kieran, with Jude bringing up the rear. Damian was more than happy for Kieran to go in front – he trusted him, even if he was a poncy Paladin with the pearly white grin and perfect hair. Being around him made Damian feel almost barbaric.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I know we don’t need to eat or anything, but I could just eat a Crunchie bar,” Jude sighed from the back of the party.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You don’t want to do that, think of your carbon footprint” Henry warned. Jude supposed he was right, and vowed to make her footprint daintier than a babies’. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]Damian thought that they were catching up with whoever kidnapped Madeline. Every noise in the distance, every echo or strange shadow, caused his heart to skip in anticipation. When they came to a crossroads, they had to stop and gape. It split into three different paths, with the centre path dipping steadily downhill. The other two curved into darkness. It was only relative, though; they had abandoned the torches long before.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What do we do now?” asked a very frustrated Henry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Split up,” Damian said. “Then meet back here when we know more.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No way, I’m not going on my own,” Henry said firmly. “There’s no undead in here.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“If we come upon whoever took Madeline on our own, then we would be outmatched. There could be loads of them. We need to stick together.” Jude’s tone brooked no room for argument as she gave the three men her stubborn expression. “Let me speak to the earth and see what it says.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That won’t-“ Damian began, but then he recalled the angry tree and edged away from the cave wall. Jude got onto her knees and began caressing the ground, cooing softly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What are you asking it?” Henry asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I’m asking the spirit of the cave if he knows the way which will take us to Madeline,” Jude said quietly. The three men stood back for a few dull moments at Jude got the answer for them. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It’s telling me... that we should go left.” Jude seemed happy with the answer as she got back to her feet. “Let’s hurry.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]They followed the left-hand path with a renewed sense of purpose. However, several hours later...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Jude, we’re back in the same place!” Henry cried.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No we aren’t. We’re at the other end, that’s all. Look, that rock wasn’t there earlier was it? It’s just that all three of the paths brought us to the same place.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]There was an awkward silence as they considered the possible whereabouts of those they were pursuing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“So... are we in front of them now? Or do you think they beat us here?” Kieran asked the group. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We could ask the earth again,” Jude said as she got onto her knees.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No, that earth is a dirty stinking liar.” Henry folded his arms. “We should have split up.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That’s what I said in the first place!” Damian growled. “Maybe if you could actually kill something we’d be able to work more effectively!”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Guys, shut up!” Kieran snapped, “listen!” Henry and Damian gaped in protest, but then the distinct sound of voices filled the air – coming from the centre path.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What are we going to do now then?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I don’t know. We don’t need them anyway!”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The four explorers shifted into the other two passageways, peering out as the two speakers got closer. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“But we don’t know where we are, and we can’t make it back on our own, not through there...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Listen to me Tim!” The squeakier speaker went almost too shrill to hear. “We will find our way out, and we will find some other party with people who need a strong pair of Warriors! We are the carbohydrates of the party of explorers. Mages are just the pudding on the side that people like to have, but don’t really need...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Unless they go into the Chocolate Caverns...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]By this time, the two speakers had become clearly visible. A short gnome and a round guy with glasses – Tim, Damian guessed – were waddling at a speed which would make even the garden snail grimace with distaste. They might know where Madeline was, and Damian wasn’t concerned about his safety. They were outnumbered two to one, even including Henry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hey!” he called as he made himself visible. The two Warriors paused and looked at him, scoffing visibly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh look, it’s a... wait, what is he?” Tim asked. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I don’t know,” the gnome replied with a sneer. “Though he has a too-big sword, so I’m guessing he’s meant to be a Barbarian.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It must be a real pain, not having two brain cells to rub together...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Not to mention the small penis.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Ok, enough of the inappropriate if highly amusing remarks.” Kieran stepped out from behind them, and he looked much more impressive than Damian. His armour practically gleamed as he held his sword before him. Damian felt like he needed to wash his hair and get some clothes which actually fit. “Warriors, we are looking for a Mage named Madeline. Do you know anything of her whereabouts?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Jude and Henry stood by the way out the caves, but the Warriors didn’t appear as if they wanted to flee. They looked at each other, and the gnome sighed. “We know of her, yes.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Wait, why are you telling them?” Tim demanded.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Because we’ve been left out to dry, that’s why,” the gnome said curtly. Turning to Kieran, he continued, “we know where she is... or at least, where she was a short while ago. This place is the Chocolate Caverns. I’m guessing you took the path around the Cavern instead?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We wouldn’t have met these guys if we hadn’t listened to the earth,” Jude said defensively. “Come on, the spirit knows.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah, but the pigeons said it was a big guy who took Madeline.” Damian smirked, gesturing to the Warriors. “We have a gnome, and the guy who ate all the pies. Not an elf lover.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Shut it, Barbarian,” Tim said with a pout. “You won’t be saying that when you see Raitin. He’s the guy that kidnapped her. He’s a Barbarian and I bet he’ll beat you to pieces.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh Tim. You’re so dramatic. It’s kind of hot,” the gnome said with a hint of admiration. “But yeah. In the Chocolate Caverns there’s a cave with a big door. You need an elf Mage to get through the door, and there’s lots of big bosses and stuff down there. That’s what Raitin took Madeline for. Only, now he doesn’t need us.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“If you’re going after them I’d be careful. The monsters down there are pretty tough, it’s where we go power-levelling.” Tim sighed heavily. “Come on Francis, let’s go find some other party to join.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Kieran held out a hand as the pair of them began to amble. “Why don’t you come with us? We don’t have a Warrior, and there’s two of you.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Francis shook his head. “No, we’re done here. Listen, if you make it out alive then come find us in Old Hemp Town. It’s the first place you get to this side of the caves.” With those parting words, the two Warriors returned to wandering out of the cave.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Ok guys!” Kieran said, “we know where Madeline is. Let’s stick together and show this Barbarian what we’re made of. There’s four of us so it doesn’t matter if he’s a higher level. And Henry can Heal, too. Henry, don’t get yourself killed.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Just look after me,” Henry said fretfully. “I don’t like the idea of going near higher level monsters...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We have to find Madeline,” Kieran said firmly. “Let’s go. Jude, you stay with Henry. Damian, we’ll scout in front.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Whatever.” Kieran didn’t seem impressed by his brother’s lack of enthusiasm, but the Barbarian was not in the mood for being agreeable. He let Kieran head down the slope first.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What level were those two, anyway?” Jude asked as they walked. The walls took on a browner hue as they went deeper, but there was no other distinguishable difference thus far. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I think it’s rude to ask if they aren’t in your party,” Henry said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The long, winding downward slope soon opened wider, but not by a great deal. Enough room for some large rocks, and a handful of large monsters. The nearest, a 7ft furry bear, was a far cry from the amiable pigs from the first cave. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We can’t kill that! It’s way too strong for us!” Henry whispered frantically. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Henry, shut up unless you have something useful to say” Damian snapped. “You play these games all the time, tell us what to do.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Well, I, er.” Henry went a little red. “Jude, can you hold the bear in place for a while? Stop it from attacking us in some way?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I can probably trip it up with earth,” Jude said with a shrug.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That’ll do. I want you to do that, and Damian and Kieran can go and hack the shit out of it as you distract it. I’ll stand back and Heal.” [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Do you think you can go into a rage again Damian?” Kieran asked a tad reluctantly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Not unless I’m feeling, er, full of rage” Damian replied shortly. “Let’s get this over and done with.” The Barbarian stepped forward, holding up his broadsword. The bear turned to him growled, and advanced with an angry expression. Jude threw her hands out, and the earth beneath the bear shifted enough to trip it onto its back.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Go go go!” Kieran urged, rushing forwards. The two brothers laid into the beast, stabbing and hacking and that sort of thing. Jude moved round to the side to see if she could set any ants or something onto it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hey Jude, look out!” Henry cried. Jude turned to see an identical bear to the one on the floor. However, this beast happened to be much larger when it was charging into her. The Druid was thrown back with a cry, hitting the floor with a crunch. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damnit!” Damian growled, “Finish this one off, I’ll handle that one.” He pulled away from Kieran and turned to the other bear, which was stood over Jude’s limp body. With a shout he ran his sword through the bear’s stomach. The bear responded with a paw to the shoulder. Red scratches gouged into his chest, blood pouring down the tattered blue shirt. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Henry appeared at Damian’s side, ramming his hands onto the man’s chest. Behind them, Kieran was having trouble with the other bear, which was back on its feet. It was still strong enough to knock Kieran back even when he held his shield out to the weakened monster. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Having Healed Damian, Henry ran back to Jude. She was sprawled against a rock, breathing heavily.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Ow,” she said when the Priest arrived. “I don’t feel so great.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Don’t worry, I’ll heal you. Just give me a minute.” But they didn’t have a minute, because the bear had knocked Damian aside and was heading right for the pair of them. Henry grimaced and ran his hands in an arc around Jude’s body (strangely enough he didn’t have to feel her arms to Heal her...). As he did this, he saw Jude was starting to get rather hairy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Wow. Those are some hairy legs. It’s only been a few days!” Henry gave a nervous laugh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Get out of the way Henry.” Before she was fully Healed, Jude got to her feet. She was alot taller than Henry remembered. That was when he realised what was happening. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Druids could shape shift![/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Bear met bear in a massive clash. Both were already weakened, and the battle seemed to be in the original bear’s favour, but Jude had three men on her side. As she grappled with the bear, Damian ran his sword through the bear’s back. Between them, they managed to bring the bear down and feel the rush of a level up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That must be a lot of exp we just got,” Henry marvelled. Jude wasted no time in assisting Kieran with the other bear, running into it and head butting it back to the floor. Kieran jumped on its stomach and rammed his sword through the bear’s eyes. It wasn’t another level up, but it was close. With that done, the Paladin rested against his sword as it poked out the bear’s head. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Is everyone ok?” Henry asked. He bore not a scratch.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Not bad, all things considering,” Jude the bear said. She sounded just like she did as a human, which was strange considering her vast bulk. “I think the transformation helped heal me a bit.” The bear gradually shrank until Jude was her normal self again, human and clothed. Henry heaved a sigh of disappointment. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I’m alright,” Kieran said. “Just a few scratches, and some bruises.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damian?” asked Henry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Damian was sat on the floor, mulling over his body. His blue shirt, already torn by the bear, was mostly in tatters over his body. The scars from the claws were mostly healed, but still obvious on skin which wasn’t quite as tanned before. Hunched over as he was, he looked a little like a bear himself. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damian?” Henry repeated. The Barbarian looked up, surprise on his face. His hair seemed to be even longer, shoulder length and untamed. His stubbled face was more masculine, more handsome. Rugged. Those dark eyes were still the same though, scrutinising and suspicious. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I’m fine,” he said in a gravelly voice. It was deeper, and undoubtedly sexier. He stood, seeming to tower where he had only been tallish before. He tugged off the remains of his shirt. “I suppose I should wear my Barbarian clothes,” he said thoughtfully. “Erm, where’s my bag of stuff?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Didn’t Madeline look after it for you?” Asked Jude when she could speak.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damn. I guess we’d better find her before I outgrow my jeans.” The gloves and boots were fine, but the jeans had a split along the inside seam of one of his legs. When he moved, it was a wonder that they stayed on at all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Wow,” was all Henry said. “Er, we should be careful. There’s more bears over there, and we can’t risk getting ourselves tangled in with more than one at a time. It was too close that time.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah yeah Henry,” Damian said with a waving of a large hand. The broadsword seemed to be the right size for him as he held it up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Did the bears drop anything?” asked Jude. Kieran held up a shiny blue cape. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It adds to defense, though I don’t know how. It’s just a cape.” Kieran put it on anyway. “We got some more silver too.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The four of them continued, after Henry double-checked that the wounds were all relatively safe. Jude was more injured than she let on, but a quick spell sorted that out. For the most part they kept away from any other monsters, navigating through the large cavern in a more stealthy way. Sometimes, running back far enough made the bears just give up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Following the path, the cavern widened. This made it easier to navigate around the bears, but they weren’t the only problem.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Don’t ask me how,” Henry said, “but there’s a giant wasp flying at us.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What?” Damian turned at the buzzing sound, and sure enough a large orange wasp was heading right for them. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What do they even eat in here?” Jude cried. When the wasp was close enough, Kieran and Damian both swiped at it with their swords. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damnit, that thing is fast,” Damian growled as it dodged their swings. Kieran blocked its attacks with his shield, but the bare chested Barbarian was not so lucky. The large stinger, and some unusual claws, meant his firm chest was open to a series of nasty attacks.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Can’t you Heal him?” Jude demanded.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“If I tried I’d just get the aggro!” Henry protested. “Come on, I don’t like wasps! I can sort him out after...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh, this is useless.” Jude held out her hand, and the wasp found itself slammed to the floor with a strong gust of wind. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That would have been handy before the thing scratched me half to death, Jude!” Damian growled as Kieran finished the wasp off. Jude opened her mouth to reply, but then they felt the thrill of another level up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“This really is power levelling,” Henry marvelled as he stared at his hands. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Shut up Henry, you’ve been riding on our backs nearly the entire time,” Damian said gruffly. He turned and stalked onwards, leaving the others to stare at his broad back. There seemed to be a great deal more of Damian than any of them remembered.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“He’s getting the bad attitude of a Barbarian anyway,” Henry said mournfully as they followed. In contrast, Kieran only seemed to look more chiselled. The brothers were both handsome, if in different ways. There was a sincere openness to Kieran which Damian was seriously lacking, though he was equally as genuine. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]“How much further do we have to go?” Jude asked out loud as they avoided bears and wasps. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I think we’re here,” Kieran said as they came across a large red door in the side of the wall. It was shut tight, with no handles to speak of.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“They must have already gone through,” Jude said. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“There’s only one way out. Raitin will bring her back, and we’ll catch him when he does.” Kieran leaned against the nearest rock and ran a gallant hand through his equally gallant blonde locks. “Is it too much to ask that someone brought a pack of cards?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Damian sat by the door, muttering something about sharpening his sword, and Henry followed... or tried to. The look Damian gave him was enough to get him to sit with Jude instead.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“This is boring,” Henry whined.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We’ve been here for half an hour, quiet down,” Jude said from next to him. “Hey... does anyone else feel that?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Feel what?” asked Henry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It feels like the earth is shaking-“ Jude began. There was a loud rumbling noise, and the earth shook as she was smothered in a cloud of soil and dust. Damian and Kieran both stood, their swords ready. When the air cleared, Jude and Henry were sprawled on the floor a dozen feet away. In their place stood a giant earthworm. It had lots of sharp teeth, and a set of skinny claws, so it was more than just a curious visitor.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh blast,” Kieran said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What?” Damian looked at his brother. “‘Oh blast’? What sort of curse is that? I was thinking more along the lines of ‘fuck’. While we’re at it, what’s with the posh accent?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What posh accent?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Can you guys just attack the boss already?” Henry yelled from where he was struggling to his feet.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That’s a boss? Oh, fuck.” Kieran hefted his sword and shield.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That’s more like it,” Damian said approvingly as he charged towards the worm. Kieran was hot on his heels. Damian ran his sword up the front of the giant worm, but it was like cutting against steel. It left a mark akin to a long cat scratch. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What the hell?” Damian snarled, jumping back from the worm’s swiping claws. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It’s got skin tougher than your skull!” Kieran said after trying to hit it himself. The worm rammed its head against his shield with enough force to send him back thirty feet. It turned on Damian, who thrust his massive sword into the worm’s gaping jaws. It clamped down over his left arm, and didn’t seem keen on the idea of letting go any time soon. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Ow! Ow! Ow! Oh fuck!” Damian tried to pull himself out, but the teeth were clamped down all along his arm. He tried to wriggle his sword, but it had no effect on the worm. In desperation he brought his free hand around and ran his fingers through the beast’s eyes. That did the trick as the worm recoiled. Damian pulled his arm free, but the sword was still inside the worm.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Damian, are you alright?” Kieran asked, back on his feet and by his brother’s side again. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No, that bastard has sharp teeth.” Damian held out his arm, which was smothered in teeth marks. Blood dribbled from most of them. “Henry, can you do your job?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I’m taking care of Jude!” Henry called from where he was Healing Jude.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Can you get into another rage?” Kieran asked, readying himself for the worm’s attack. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No, I told you I can’t. The only reason I think it worked that time was... was because I thought you were in trouble.” Damian looked a little shifty.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I wasn’t in trouble. I was fine!” But there was no time to continue that discussion, for the worm was throwing itself down on them. The men rolled to either side of the worm. The back end of the worm suddenly snapped out, lashing Damian in the back. He was knocked onto his knees as Kieran suffered the same fate. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We have to get out of here,” Kieran said grimly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The worm was suddenly smothered in liquid shadow. It settled into the beast, throbbing beneath its skin. At the same time, Damian felt the cuts on his arms being Healed. He turned around to see what Henry was doing, but he was looking just as startled. There was a sudden flare of light as the worm erupted into flames. It didn’t even have time to screech, if it did make any noise normally. Very shortly there was a small pile of Damian’s sword, a gold piece and a hair pin. There was a brief moment of confusion, but then the brothers and Henry all levelled up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]This was too much for Damian’s already torn jeans; with a final sigh, they split apart completely. The Barbarian was left in his boxer shorts, which used to be baggy on him. Now they were held together through immense willpower. Damian ran his hands along his arms, looking impressed. Kieran got up, saw his brother and gaped.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Jesus Damian, have you been stuffing socks in there?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What?” Damian snapped, looking down. He had to peer over his impressive pecs to see what his brother was on about. “Hang on, why are you even looking you creep?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Because you’re stood right there, you’re huge and you’re nearly naked. That’s why, you buffoon.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Buffoon? You’re getting even more poncy by the level...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Excuse me?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]The two brothers turned to look at Henry, who was wiping the saliva hurriedly from his chin. It wasn’t him who spoke.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Two women were stood by the large red doors, wearing similar amused expressions. One of them was a Priest, wearing dark robes like Henry’s. She had long, dark hair, and one of those lazy smiles which oozed confidence. The other woman was Madeline.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Whoah, Madeline!” Kieran hurried over to her, and Damian followed shortly after scooping up the monster’s leftovers. It was good to be reunited with his sword. Jude could have the hair clip, though. “You’re ok!”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah. It’s a long story.” Madeline smiled, and Damian realised that not only did she look tiny, but she was a high level. Higher than them. That explained the fire. “Tara, can you Heal my friend over there? I don’t think Henry can manage it himself.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Of course,” the Priest said smoothly. She winked at Damian on the way past. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“So what happened?” Kieran asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Erm, it’s awkward.” Madeline shrugged her shoulders. “Raitin did kidnap me. But it’s not been that bad. I’m level 14 now.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Level 14?” Kieran repeated. Damian swore under his breath. “Wow.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It was from working in here with the red doors. Raitin’s just gathering the gold then he’ll be out too. He’s strong. Really strong.” Her eyes took in Damian, considering him. “Hmm, I’d say you’re his size now though. I’m surprised you guys made it here. It’s a good job we found you, those worms are resistant to normal weapons.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah, I noticed,” Damian said curtly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Jude, Henry and Tara all joined the group. Tara looked pleased, Henry looked downright abashed and Jude looked a tad confused. “Madeline!” she said happily. “How nice to see you.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You too, Jude.” It was then that Damian noticed just how much the two girls had changed. When they first started, they were all giggly and frivolous. But now, they both appeared much more serious. Thinking about it, Jude was much more bearable as she levelled up. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“So, tell us about this Barbarian who manhandled you,” Jude continued. “Is he... big?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Ok, so maybe they hadn’t changed too much.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Madeline and Tara both laughed, but the Mage was spared having to answer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Here he is,” Tara said. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Raitin appeared from behind the red doors, and everyone turned to look. Damian was an impressive size, nobody could dispute that, but Raitin carried himself in a way which, like Tara, oozed confidence. It made him look all the more hulkish. He was wearing full armour, but unlike Kieran’s it was made of various leathers. It didn’t actually cover the arms, which were bare apart from a set of gloves similar to Damian’s. His tanned arms bulged and rippled as if they were self-sufficient.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hey, nice armour!” Tara said. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah, the Red Furby dropped it. I left my old set out there.” Raitin scratched his stubble and looked at the party of people. His eyes paused approvingly on Jude’s short skirt, skipped over Henry entirely, dismissed Kieran with a grunt and latched onto Damian.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“These are your friends,” he said casually. Somehow, his nonchalant tone made it seem super hot. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Yeah. Jude, Henry, Kieran and Damian.” Madeline pointed to each in turn. “Hey Damian, I still have your clothes if you want them...”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“That would be great,” Damian said as casually as he could. It was only a matter of time before he became completely indecent.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It’s always good to see another Barbarian!” Raitin said with a jovial slap on the back. It was strong enough to topple anyone else, but Damian just grunted. They were of a similar height, so close together. Damian could actually feel the heat from the other man’s body. “If I knew you were here I would have held on to that armour. It might still be there, though it’s rather heavy. I think you’d be ok with it anyway.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Where are we going now then, Raitin?” Asked Tara.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I was thinking of heading up to Umbrage Mountain for a bit... don’t look at me like that!” he added, seeing Tara’s expression. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You said you’d let me go with you this time!” Tara said angrily. “You are a filthy liar. Oh, and I hate you. Whatever.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“It’s ok Tara, just come with us,” Madeline offered. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You know what? I think I will.” Tara smirked, sticking her tongue out at Raitin. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You know I’ll be back for you, Tara. You’re my favourite Priest.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I know. Dick.” Tara shook her head and shrugged her arms. “What’s a girl to do?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Power levelling, that’s what.” Raitin dismissed her, turning back to the other men. “Who’s the leader here?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I am!” Kieran said a little quickly. Damian’s smile didn’t go unnoticed. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Well, Paladin, you shouldn’t stay down here. It’s pretty dangerous in there. Lots of Furbys. You’ll be ok getting out here, Madeline and Tara are more than capable. I’m sorry about kidnapping your Mage, but she’s come in most useful. We’ll probably meet again when I come to pick up Tara.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Er, ok. Bye then,” Kieran said less than grandly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Raitin turned to go. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hey! Wait a second!” Henry scurried over to Raitin, peering up at him imploringly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What is it?” asked the Barbarian impatiently. Henry answered by taking his hand and pulling him a short distance away. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“He’s bold,” Tara said under her breath. They watched in silence as Henry muttered frantically, making a couple of hand gestures and shaking his head around.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Raitin returned to the group with a smiling Henry. “I’m taking Henry with me.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“What-” Tara began, before going a very interesting colour. By the time she was pacified, Henry had said some hasty goodbyes and the pair of them had gone. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Why did he want to go with that guy?” Damian asked uncomfortably. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh, fuck the pair of them,” Tara said heatedly. “What are we doing now, oh esteemed leader?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Hey, don’t look at me woman, Kieran’s the esteemed fucking leader, ask him.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“This is what we’re going to do,” Madeline said. “We’re going to go back in there, because I can get us in there. Tara and I are going to kill some Furbys and get you guys to a higher level. We’ll stay there for a while, then head out to Old Hemp Town. There’s a big Mage Library there which I want to go to.” The rest of the group looked at her, dumbfounded. “What? I know what I’m doing. So does Tara. She’s a badass Priest, it’s a good job Henry’s not here. She makes him look like a loser geek with too much of an indecision complex.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Henry’s my friend, Madeline. I thought he was yours too,” Kieran said with some disappointment. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Kieran, you’re not fooling anyone,” Jude said sourly. “The only useful thing Henry’s done is stop me from dying. Which took so long I didn’t level with you guys. This is a different world, remember? Not the same Henry, not the same Kieran, not the same Damian. Madeline, give the guy his armour already, I’m fed up of that thing waving at me.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Madeline put her hand into her cleavage and pulled out Damian’s bag. It was too small to go on his back, but that didn’t matter when the man tore the thing in half to get his things out.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I wasn’t waving at you,” he said as he put the pants with the red cloth at the front and back on. “Wow, I feel like Chun Li.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“No, they look cool,” Jude insisted. Damian just shrugged. From his height – a good head taller than Kieran, now – it was easy to dismiss whatever people said if he wasn’t interested. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I hope Raitin’s armour is still there, it looked very badass.” Madeline gave Damian an approving look. “Not that you don’t already look pretty badass.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“How can you like someone who kidnapped you?” Kieran asked as Damian tugged on the half-armour. It hardly covered his upper torso and arms, but it made him look more clothed.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Raitin may have put me in a small bag and carried me like a bag of shopping, but he did let me stay and power level with them. He only does that with Tara normally.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“I have a bad habit of making a new character,” Tara explained. “He can always tell who I am though.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“You can do that?” Jude asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Well, yeah, if you die or you go back to where you started.” Tara said it like it was obvious. “I’ve tried most of the classes out. Not Barbarian, I’ve never been able to choose that option. most people prefer the Warrior over the Barbarian... Raitin doesn’t like those.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“We saw,” Jude said. “They weren’t happy.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Raitin does that a lot for some reason. He likes to get them down here, and have them leave the party.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]Madeline put a hand on the red door, and it opened without a sound. “Everyone ready?” she asked. “You guys be careful. Especially you, Jude. I’ll be really annoyed if you get hurt!”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Oh, come on. I can take care of myself.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=silver]“Not against the giant furbys,” Madeline said with intense seriousness. “Stay close to Tara, ok? Look.” The Mage pointed further into the dark cave, which was a darker brown than the one they had entered from. A huge, muscular beast which looked like a giant mutated chicken/dog hybrid was bounding in their direction, the bright red fur bristling as it arched its back at them...[/COLOR]

- Shamshad Khan
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Demandred For This Useful Post:
Jaekel (February 27th, 2013)
  #2   Add to Simpleme's Reputation   Report Post  
Old January 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM

Simpleme is on a distinguished road
hey

just thought u should knoe u should continue pleassse i dont care if other people dont read it i just want to see what happens to damian that would really make my day if u could continue!!! pleassse????!!!
  #3   Add to Yoshi32's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:29 AM

Yoshi32 is on a distinguished road
i join this request. its a really good story
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #4   Add to JMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Phrygian

JMuscle
Send a message via ICQ to JMuscle
Fun series so far.

Quick Reply