Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
The biggest hero : Topic for Debate

I answered a question on YAHOO Answers recently that asked "Who's the biggest hero in the comic world?". Naturally, I answered Superman (assuming that the questioner meant in terms of muscle). It turns out I was half right, as he posted a supplementary saying "Thanks to all the people who answered Superman, but I meant non superpowered". This as a result has stumped me on two counts

1) How many non super powered heroes are there apart from Batman?
2) Has anyone tallied up just how muscular they are?
  #2   Add to ActionBastard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM

ActionBastard is on a distinguished road
There are dozens of people without "superpowers" within Marvel and DC alone. Batman, Iron Man, Bane, Mr. Terrific, Black Cat, Catwoman, Captain America, The Question, The Spirit, etc.

Bane is clearly the most muscular off the top of my head.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #3   Add to iluvbigmen's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM

iluvbigmen is on a distinguished road
Ummm, plenty of those mentioned above, including Captain America, Iron Man, Black Cat, Batman .... they're all SUPER powered whether its through technology ( batman / ironman ) or drugs ( Captain America ) ... this is no different than Superman receiving his powers from the yellow sun or the hulk from gamma rays.

Its all about the muscles and the "sexy" ... to which Superman has no equal for me .... I mean seriously, nothing turns me on when thinking about "BATman" , how in the heck can I get turned on by a bat based superhero .... or Spider man ... its just creepy.
  #4   Add to Geek2Jock's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Geek2Jock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Geek2Jock
Not to be a poor sport about all of this, but the initial question, "Who's the biggest hero in the comic world" is vague at best. It could mean biggest in size, biggest in strength, biggest in worldwide popularity, and it sounds like a majority of the respondents assumed the third meaning.

Then, the second postulation about superpowers also leads to some ambiguity, since superpowers is a relatively modern colloquialism that refers to a whole host of more discriminant categories. Superhuman abilities can include strength, transformation ability, telekinetic or psychic powers, all of which have some basis outside of the normal human capability and thereby defining them as 'super' or extra-human abilities. Therefore those comic world characters who derive their extra-human abilities from exterior augmentation (suits, tool belts, or magically-endowed talismans) could still be characterized as superhuman, at least insofar as their hero alter ego is perceived to exceed the standards of human capabilities.

So now that I've over-analyzed the entire subject to death, I'll go ahead and offer my opinion on the topic. I would have to say the Hulk, simply because he satisfactorily meets the three most easily assumed positions on the question - he is physically stronger than even a majority of the superheroes, he is physically bigger in stature than a majority of the superheroes, and he is globally recognizable and identifiable as a superhero, lending itself to popularity (especially amongst us muscle freaks worldwide).
  #5   Add to ActionBastard's Reputation   Report Post  
Old September 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM

ActionBastard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbigmen View Post
Ummm, plenty of those mentioned above, including Captain America, Iron Man, Black Cat, Batman .... they're all SUPER powered whether its through technology ( batman / ironman ) or drugs ( Captain America ) ... this is no different than Superman receiving his powers from the yellow sun or the hulk from gamma rays.
By Marvel's definition Captain America is not superpowered. The S^3 raises a person physical ability to the highest it can be and still be human.

Superman's abilities cannot be duplicated by a human. Ms. Marvel's abilities cannot be duplicated by a human. They are super humans.

The Hulk and Spider Man have super strength. The Flash has super speed. They are super powered.

Iron Man is neither, anyone with his suit, and instruction on how to use it, could do what he does. Captain America is neither, anyone recieving the S^3 will have very similiar abilities.
  #6   Add to ljobenza's Reputation   Report Post  
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM
Master of the Neko

ljobenza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ljobenza
It doesn't matter bec. Squirrel Girl can own everyone. :P

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text