The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Male Muscle Growth > Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Real-Life Muscle Growth Experiences Got a friend who went from geek to stud? (Or was that YOU who got huge?) Share your real-life muscle growth experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to stronguns's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 19th, 2011, 08:44 PM

stronguns is on a distinguished road
Handling a Bully

I usually am in the gym in the morning, but today I had to put it off until this evening. I'm standing there waiting for a bench to open up so I could do some bench presses and see a guy bench 225 pounds for 3 reps. His form was terrible and he was struggling to complete each one. It was obvious that the weight he had chosen was too much. As I watched I kept thinking I knew him from some place. Then I remembered, if I ever hated anyone in my life it was this guy. All through school he was continually putting me down, embarrassing me in front of other people, constantly getting in my face and doing what he could to make me feel like a failure. I would purposely walk the opposite direction to avoid him, but if he saw me he would follow. He was the definitive bully.

About the time I recognized him he calls over to me and says, well if it isn't the biggest failure I've ever known. It's been 12 years since high school so you would think after that long a person would change, but not him. People looked at him and then at me to see what my reaction would be. I looked behind me and then back at him and asked him who he was talking to. You, he said. I said, who are you? I wasn't about to let him know I recognized him. He gave me his name and I replied, sorry, but should I know you? He was starting to get angry. He says my name and then said right? Yes, that's my name, but I still have no idea who you are.

So he gets up and comes up to me, puts his face close to mine and says remember me now? He was determined to start a fight and there was no way I was going to get into any physical contest with him, because frankly I could probably have knocked him out with one punch or picked him up and thrown him half way across the room.

So I took my jacket off. He took one look at the size of me, said oh crap, and quickly backed away, realizing his best option was to move away. I'm guessing I had at least 75 to 100 pounds on him. I said, sorry, but I have no idea who you are. Guess you're stupid he says. He was really checking me out and I could see from the expression on his face, that he was facing someone that it was best to leave alone. I just can't believe after all these years he would still be trying to bully me, and even after seeing my size.

Everyone standing around was waiting for me to do something. They have watched me get stronger over the years and knew I could have easily ended this. But sorry. People like him are just not worth the effort. Over the years I've read about him in the papers. He has been divorced twice. Been in bar fights, etc. The typical person who tries to feel superior by putting others down. His lifting partner was watching all this take place and came up to stand beside him just in case I tried something. It was hard to resist taking them both on, but all I said was, I guess you're done with the bench to which they said, sure have at it.

Just as I figured, they stood there waiting to see me lift, I guess so they could decide if I was as strong as I look or if it was worth it to continue on with the bullying. So I walked over to the rack and pulled off 2, 45 pound plates. Put them on one side of the bar and then got 2 more and put them on the other side, making the total weight 405 pounds. Got under it, had a friend spot me and proceeded to do 3 reps. I looked up only to see those two quickly walking away.

Turns out they were there for the first time and had been causing some problems with other lifters. The gym manager came over and thanked me for not doing anything and to tell me that as they left they said there was no way they would pay to lift at a gym which let me in as a member. I guess that is a good thing.

Last edited by stronguns; November 19th, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to stronguns For This Useful Post:
worshipper (January 5th, 2013)
  #2   Add to msllover's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Moving Forward

msllover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to msllover
Damn, that would have been cool to see. I'm glad you too the higher road, violence is not the answer in real life.

yahoo: storyen
  #3   Add to Mdlftr's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:05 PM

Mdlftr will become famous soon enough
I've got to hand it to you. I don't think I would have been as mature. I probably would have scratched my head, looked puzzled, and then "remembered" him as a total schmuck from school. "So, how's life working out for you? How's [name of first wife]? Oh, sorry, I meant [second wife]. Oh, I didn't know. What brings you here? It looks like you were having trouble over there with 225. Do you want me to show you how it's done? [Go to bench and proceed to lift 225 20 times]. Course, when you start getting stronger, you can add weight [add a pair of 45s up to 315, do a dozen reps] Then you can put on some serious weight [ 405 for 3 as before]."

Well, anyway, good for you for taking the high road, The bully and his friend will remember you, your 100 extra pounds of muscle, and your 405 bench for years. You'll put him out of your mind tomorrow.
  #4   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 01:09 AM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Wow some people will never change. Hopefully that bully didn't get a refund at that gym either. He was totally suck up. I ran into a few like that in the gym, tiny guys with attitude as if they were someone special.

I'm sorry I would had taken the time to really annoy them, I bet you might had been able to curl their bench weight. Can't say for certain, but least you put that bully in his place with your display of power.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragetiger For This Useful Post:
worshipper (April 13th, 2013)
  #5   Add to grubby41's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 20th, 2011, 04:22 AM

grubby41 is on a distinguished road
Thank-you, Stronguns. The world desperately needs more people like you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options