The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > Site News, Feedback & Suggestions
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Site News, Feedback & Suggestions For discussion related to forum itself, including features, feedback and suggestions.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Add to Rarity's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 26th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Muscles go with anything~

Rarity is on a distinguished road
Idea: Way To Stop Spammers

If someone is able to make a new account ASAP with very little effort, spamming will be possible. To stop this, well, it's simple. Kill the Batman. If you CAN'T do that, then I suppose having a waiting period of 1-7 days (depending on what you think is necessary) would certainly help.

For people who are new users and want to view the stories, you can simply make all the subforums in the first section (male muscle growth stories/media/etc) be viewable by guests.

It'd be a no harm-no foul type of deal, and it will stop my visitor messages/PMs from being over flooded. tyvm sirs
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2011, 02:22 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_Flash View Post
If someone is able to make a new account ASAP with very little effort, spamming will be possible. To stop this, well, it's simple. Kill the Batman. If you CAN'T do that, then I suppose having a waiting period of 1-7 days (depending on what you think is necessary) would certainly help.

For people who are new users and want to view the stories, you can simply make all the subforums in the first section (male muscle growth stories/media/etc) be viewable by guests.

It'd be a no harm-no foul type of deal, and it will stop my visitor messages/PMs from being over flooded. tyvm sirs
The other method I have suggested is to delete all accounts which have never made a post (well over 90% of the total) and then moderate all posters until 250 valid more than one word posts have been made.
  #3   Add to Ragetiger's Reputation   Report Post  
Old November 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Ragetiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
The other method I have suggested is to delete all accounts which have never made a post (well over 90% of the total) and then moderate all posters until 250 valid more than one word posts have been made.

That has it's ups and downs. I use to be more lurker than anything, so removing those that had no posts might actually cause more hardship than anything. and a post count doesn't prove or disprove spammers, it would just make it so we get big blocky spams to really overtake the forums. Like the ad bots were doing a few months back, or was it a year. . . I lose track of time.

Can you imagine coming online and seeing 300 posts in a single day from a spam bot hitting every thread and opening new threads in every section? It scares the crap out of me.

Only thing I can think up of, is to add the little anti-spam input section that some places have. I know with new accounts, most forum sites now have that so the junk accounts can't be made. We just add that to the forums so the spammers can't really spam as quickly. there's really no real way to ever stop them, just have to keep slowed down.

I do keep a few other shots in the scraps folder http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ragetiger/
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options