The Evolution Forum

Go Back   The Evolution Forum > Off-Topic > News & Current Events
Welcome, Anonymous.
You last visited: Today at 04:56 AM

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Add to Jaekel's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Jaekel is on a distinguished road
My eyes won't stop leaking...

The sad part is that this happens to so many others...

The things I would do, to make this sort of thing never happen.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to raven79's Reputation   Report Post  
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:13 PM
The Insatiable Poster

Thanked 2,032 Times in 861 Posts
raven79 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to raven79
Jaekel, thank you for posting this because this is the type of video that people need to see to know that equality is an issue in this country.

I have to be a little critical though of the man from Indiana. This part of the country is very negative towards gays and especially in that state. You really need to know your family well before you ever decide to tell them about your sexual orientation, otherwise bad things will happen.

Montana and Indiana are like two different worlds basically. I know that Shane didn't reveal why Tom jumped off the roof, but I figured it out pretty quickly. I wish these things would stop happening, but the years of our teens and 20s are always the hardest because we don't quite know ourselves well yet.

Tom was trying to push Shane away because he didn't want to hurt him and was confused as to why his family would react that way. I am guessing that he didn't really know them at all, and that can be a problem.

My state is the same as Toms. The only safe havens for us right now is the West Coast and the New England states, we just haven't broke down the barriers yet. We are making progress, but we have to take baby steps, that is just the way it is. People are slowly trying to come around, but there are bad forces at work as we speak.

The President has been swayed by his family finally so lets hope that this travels fast. I have to be a little skeptical because that is the way it has been for quite some time.

Again, thank you very much Jaekel for this important video!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options