Notices

General General discussion about male muscle growth

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
BigBearMan94

Exclamation Little Cousin

Hey guys!
I need help with helping my little cousin.
He's black, he's turning 15 in December, he's 5'11" and weighs 347 pounds. Now, he's in mid-puberty and he's one of those kids that has high potential to be muscular. He's pretty big, with broad shoulders and thick bones, but all of his muscle is covered in fat. (his lean body weigh is 195 pounds)

He needs help with a routine to lose his fat and gain muscle at the same time. He has a WeightWathers tracking account that he uses pretty well, and a gym membership at PlanetFitness. And he just wants a routine that he can follow that includes one to three rest days a week (he's pretty busy) cardio, and regular physical workout that will allow him to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

He also wants to know how often he should up how many reps he does, and sets, and when he should up the weight he does. If you could put that into the routine too. He normally just uses the machines to workout, not usually a barbell or dumbbells because he doesn't have anyone to spot him (I live pretty far away.)

I know this is a lot to take in, by it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
~AlexEdwars-BigBearMan94
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Thanks
  #2   Add to CelticMuscle's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM

CelticMuscle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CelticMuscle Send a message via MSN to CelticMuscle Send a message via Yahoo to CelticMuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearMan94 View Post
Hey guys! I need help with helping my little cousin. He's black, he's turning 15 in December, he's 5'11" and weighs 347 pounds. Now, he's in mid-puberty and he's one of those kids that has high potential to be muscular. He's pretty big, with broad shoulders and thick bones, but all of his muscle is covered in fat. (his lean body weigh is 195 pounds)
That's useful to know. That means he has a BMI of 48.4 (or to put it mildly morbidly obese) and a % bodyfat rating of 56.2%. In other words, I am not entirely convinced that such a person could be that heavy and fat at that age. If he is that fat and heavy at that age, I would very much like to know what the parents were doing to him for the past 15 years (because it sounds very much like they were killing him with food)
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM
BigBearMan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticMuscle View Post
That's useful to know. That means he has a BMI of 48.4 (or to put it mildly morbidly obese) and a % bodyfat rating of 56.2%. In other words, I am not entirely convinced that such a person could be that heavy and fat at that age. If he is that fat and heavy at that age, I would very much like to know what the parents were doing to him for the past 15 years (because it sounds very much like they were killing him with food)
His body fat percentage is 46%, and his size is due to genetics also.
  #4   Add to chitownbber's Reputation   Report Post  
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM

chitownbber is on a distinguished road
we can give you all the advice in the world regarding routines but if the clean disciplined diet is not there then the routines will not be effective.

i was able to drop 60 pounds of fat by doing my cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. and my cardio sessions were different each time (treadmill versus stair climber versus bike versus elliptical, etc) with varying levels of intensity within each session

lifting was not my primary focus during this period although i did lift but my focus was on cardio and clean diet

clean diet means no fried food, no fast food, no butter, no sugar, lots of brown rice, salmon, raw veggies, raw dark greens (ie spinach), grilled chicken, egg whites, protein powder with soy milk, edamame and other legumes - mainly lentils.

its not a fun diet. but after 6 months it was as if my tastebuds were reconditioned and i now find crappy foods completely unappealing. it is not easy. nor is it cheap. its a tough battle but one worth fighting. will be hard at his age to give up pizza and other teenage favorites. but if your stats are correct, this is a serious matter. i dont want to seem overly dramatic but one of life and death. in the long term he will dramatically improve the quality of his life in all aspects but again it will be tough. he needs to do it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Switch Editor Mode
Options